This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone! Hope some ifo at this forum will help me to fix my LCD monitor ))

Comment

Hello Im from Bosnia my name is Mexx
      I have some problem with my lcd and i need help.
      i have have found on this forum more then 20 solutions for my tv.s
      thanks for all

byeee

Comment

Hi all!
        My name is Jake Thomas, I'm A Service Manager for an Atlanta GA based amusement co.
        I have worked with electronics for 15+ years but just started on LCD's after attending
        a Randy Fromm advanced technician class.

Comment

Hello
          I'm David. I recently became disabled and started tinkering with things around the house. I am stuck on a TV problem, so I thought I would join here and see if I might get some help and then maybe pass on my help to others.
          Thanks in advance for your help

Comment

Registered to ask some questions, I'm stuck without a schematic!

Comment

Hi Techs
              My name is James Miller ,I'm from the Deep South ,I found this site by browsing for answers for minor TV repairs,I'm a novice at repairing small electronics,but I know I found the right place,Thanks in advance to everyone!

Comment

Hi all.
                Thanks for membership.
                I'm Peter, 52 years old, Married, 3 kids 7, 14 and 18 years of age, all with same woman.
                Living in Denmark.
                Happy owner of 8 flatpanels (3 Samsung lcd's, 1 Blaupunkt 42" lcd, some random lcd's and 1 Panasonic 42" plasma)

Comment

Hello,

Well, I did take electronics in school, but its been uhmmmmm several years now Just trying to get back in the game and learn to troubleshoot and repair.

Comment

Hi Everyone
                    My name is Mal, I'm from Sydney Australia.
                    I found this site while looking for info about my LCD Tv problem.

Brilliant site, I wish I'd found it years ago.

Comment

Hi guys, just decided to join your lovely forums. I found this place when I was searching for capacitors for replacing the bad GSCs that are on a board of LED TV.

This forum is having very valuable information

Comment

Hi, I'm a 20 year old electronics technician. I am getting into electronics repairs, but most of the stuff I fix are televisions.

I am not a fan of forums, but this one is full of useful resources, so I subscribed anyways.

Other than that, I enjoy summer and hot temperatures, unfortunately I live in Canada so we get 6 months of snow. I love to ride my bike and drive my car.

That's about it. Oh, and I am also introducing younger people to electronics. It's a shame that so little people are interested in electronics, just because it seems complicated at first.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome! Just a Firefighter that likes to repair things when they break as opposed to throwing them away when it may just be a "blown" fuse. Look forward to learning new tricks. Thanks, rrsandmn

Comment

Hello!

I came to this forum to seek some knowledge on an issue regarding a tv I am in the middle of trying to fix. I am very handy when it comes to tearing apart a car, but electronics is a whole different language to me!

Hoping I can get some help and in return help people with anything I can!!

Ken

Comment

When I was just a youngster (getting closer to retirement now) I used to hang out in the TV repair shop my grandfather owned. Back then it was tube testing, looking for the loose connections and spraying the tuner cleaner for the channel selector (yes they used to have knobs to turn). Since finding a 65 inch flat screen at the recycling center that had been hit by lightning and successfully replacing the power supply I have been hooked on getting TV's going again that I acquire from the recycling center. I feel very connected to grandpa just working on them - successful or not. Since that TV I've learned more about the capacitors and was looking for a particular fix when I found this forum and joined.

Comment

Hello,

Name is Charlie. I took basic TV repair when I was in high school and have since been tinkering with TV's and electronics. Did 10 years in the Air Force in Electronic Counter Measures and have loved anything electrical.

Comment

G'day from Down Under. GeeBee here. I am in Australia, and VERY new to this cap stuff! I started, and found this forum, by attempting to teach myself TV repairs via Google and You Tube. The internet is amazing - I simply stuck in my Samsung symptoms, and within an hour, and with very limited electronics skills I had it sussed, and fixed the next day for about $10!! That was the start of a new hobby for me, and now I have a spare room full of discarded TVs from neighbours and friends. It seems everyone has at least one flat screen in the shed gathering dust. I Australia, you have to pay a fee to get rid of electronic apparatus like TVs, so they are either dumped on the side of the road, or stored. Lucky for me.
                                  Anyway, thanks in advance to the answers that I am sure I will find to my upcoming barrage of stupid questions. I haven't been bitten by a cap (yet), so still quite keen on continuing the learning voyage.

Cheers

Comment

Hi all,

Hoping that one someone on this forum can assist me in getting my daughters TV to work again.

Rodders.

Comment

Hello all!

I hope someone around here will help me repair my LCD screen :-)

Comment

Long time viewer, usually i can find the fix I am looking for without having to start a new thread but looks like I'm in for a challenge. Badcaps is always the first place I look for answers, Thanks guys!

Comment

Hey, My name is JimmyD. I work at the largest optical telescope on the planet, The Large Binocular Telescope Observatory (LBTO). I'm THE fiber dude and also one of the electronics go to guys. I also work on all the weather instruments and a few small mounted moving telescopes that are attached to our HUMONGOUS telescope. I have a few other hats. My job morphs as I show interest in things...

For sideline jobs (moonlighting) i also fix consumer electronics, maybe once a week. Yeah, salaries stink in AZ. So a few hours a week I do a job or two and get paid a bit more. Usually fixing a register for Denny's or a camera system for one of the grocery stores, junk like that.

Glad to see badcaps! One of those, how-did-I-get-along-without-that, type of website.

Comment

Working...
                                          X