This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all, my name is Rich from the midlands "england" im not qualified in electronics but find myself having a passion for this sort of thing. Since I was young I was taking things apart to see how things work, I still do now but but with safety in mind and the ability to put things back together!! Preferably working like it once did.

Comment

Hello all!

I am currently an engineer in broadcast television. Component replacement and board fixing is a common occurrence around here. Though computers are my main interest.

Have a 50" samsung tv that is giving me black line issues like everyone else around the internet. This looks like a good place for finding some answers for the tv, and many other things as well.

Regards,
      Jason

Comment

Hello! I am Hunter and enjoy all if not most things vintage. I have many old things including many vintage multimeters and record players working or not for those. Enjoy looking for stuff to buy all day!
        Make sense? What fun is there in making sense?- Discord

Comment

hi, im mike and i'm very impressed with this forum. hope i can contribute as much as i take from it

Comment

hello all, i am Warren, found this forum through google search. it is very nice for everybody helping each other out. I have electrical experience, but not in component level.

Comment

Hello all Derek here.
              I'm a brit living in Canada. Worked in the electronics industry since leaving high school. Got interested in electronics back in the early 80's playing around with zx spectrum hardware and fixing kempston joysticks. Worked on a range of stuff from grocery weigh scales to military Comms equipment to now airport radar.
              Fix a few TV's and pc monitors in the past. Came across this forum looking for a solution.

Comment

My name is Dan Lind. I've been in computers and networking all of my life, currently doing private contracting. I've never called a repair man because I am determined there is nothing I can't fix myself. Living in MD, USA. Glad to see this site exists. Now to get some help on fixing my 60" LG Plasma!

Comment

New Member Post. Hello All, I'm from Toronto, Canada. I'm 60 years young, I'm an engineering consultant, my favorite hobby is fixing and restoring pinball machines. I joined this forum in hopes of better understanding how to repair LCD TV's. I have good knowledge of electronics, soldering etc.

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello everyone, Jerry here from northern California. Long time diy'er when it comes to repairs of well...anything. I love to tinker, found the forum while trying to troubleshoot issues with my tv.

Comment

Hi everyone, 1st post.

Looking for advise on ESR meters. MAT Electronics highlighted one in their latest catalog @ 49$. Not sure how well it will hold up, though.

(30 years in medical equipment repair, don't do much component level stuff anymore).

Comment

New Guy.
                          Happy to be on this board.
                          Doc.

Comment

Hello, EE that writes embedded firmware here. I've been tearing things apart as long as I can remember and just found this forum today while researching a potential repair. Wow, what an awesome site.

Comment

Hello, this forum looks very helpfull for advance users, so i am really happy to be "onboard".

By the way my name is Martin and i am from CZech republic capital city, Prague.

Comment

hi all
                                viewed this forum a few times this time i eventually got around to registering!!

Comment

hello from paddyboy

a big hello from paddyboy.

hi glad to part of the comunnity hope to be of some help to the forum.

Comment

Hi everyone, Dan here. I have more of a systems background, so I'm looking to learn a few things.

Everyday is a school day!

Comment

Hi! I'm looking forward to solving my Plasma problems Thanks in advance!

Comment

I'm just an average guy off the street that likes pulling stuff to bits and finding out how stuff works. Started destroying Electrical items when I was 3 years old. Repaired my first TV when I was 12. Then started messing around with computers when I was 28. Was given a PC, in a carrier bag, in bits. Put it all together and got it working. A proud moment. I lack all the test equipment I would like, but have a determination to fix things at any cost and refuse to be beaten. Used to MOD XBOX and PLAYSTATION for friends and repair peoples TV and VHS for a bit of spending money but now tech has got more complex so I don't attempt repair unless its mine or I have all the info needed to complete the job(and the funds to buy the parts). Personal?? 38 yr old, engaged, no children and 3 lovely cats. And I need to get out more. Hope to have fun and learn a lot here.

Comment

Hi just washing off the noobness.... looking for help to solve my plasma issues

Comment

Working...
                                          X