This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone. I'm here because I need advice to fix a TV, but in the future I will also be researching building a decent computer for myself. I'm still running a Dell optiplex 210 that I got used with updated Windows XP! Hey, it's crappy but it works.
    I live in Central Florida, I am an aircraft mechanic and I'm familiar with electronic components enough that I can solder and poke my way around a circuit board and fix something....or let the magic smoke out and start over....LOL
    I'm also researching what I would need, programming and hardware wise, to build my own speedometer for my motorcycle.
    With that said, here I am. As soon as I can post I am going to put up a help flag for a plasma TV....

Comment

Just barely posting in here, been looking and ordering my caps from here for a couple of years. recapped tons of tv's, MB's and video cards. Looking to post about a Hp/Asus P5LP-LE MB that I bought 12 6.3v 820uf caps for and wasn't paying attention and unsoldered a 16v 470uf cap that was actually bad but can't find where it goes. Long live the recapping revolution.

Comment

Hello everyone. I love a good puzzle and helping others and this seems like a good forum for it.

Cheers

cp

Comment

Hi folks, my name is Dustin. I am a game designer, computer tech and recently I've been making my living solely dumpster diving and I run across electronics that don't work a lot. I've been a lurker around here for a while when I am hunting for info on how to fix stuff. The time has come to make an account though so hello folks!

Comment

Hi i am just new to this forum and look forward to adding my knowledge in the repair of consumer tv repairs. I have been repairing them since 1992. My personal name is Curt and go by mess1. happy to be on board

Comment

Hello everyone!

Comment

Hello, new member here. This site was recommended from another forum I am on and I am looking to resolve a Sharp LED LCD TV repair that has been frustrating! Reading some info here I have made some progress, but I think my backlighting is an issue now. Anyhow, I'll post after I get access!

Comment

Hey All. This is a great forum. Lots of information for the fixit guy I am! Thanks

Comment

hello new here following protocol.

Comment

Hoping you guys can help me out with a problem i have with my TV.

Comment

hello to everyone , searching problems with LG plasma 50pj550

Comment

Hello all, i am trying to fix my lg plasma 50pk550 with the clicking issue

Comment

Hi everibody from Naples-Italy.
                            I'm a serious and scrupolous hobbyst, who likes reading up, learning and taking advice in his attempts to build and repair electronics. Hope to be helpful to everyone at the first opportunity. Thanks and a warm greeting to all Badcap friends. Ciro

Comment

Hi everyone.

I'm Noni. I'm an electronic hobbyist. I often help my friends to solve their problems with their everyday gadgets. I'm here to get some help from you guys, and give some help too (as much as my modest knowledge can allow)

Comment

Hi everyone, have gained lots of useful information from these forums for some time. Now I need some help with something I can't find an answer for. Thanks!

Comment

Hello there, hopefully now I will be able to resolve my PSU problem

Comment

My name i willy and I need help on a sony TV

Comment

Hi, I am new to this forum but not new to Electronics. Graduated from Hamilton Tech. College, Davenport Iowa in 1984. Been repairing audio-video consumer electronics forever(since high school). Have worked around radio and pro line studio electronics as well. Have second class FCC license. I am a forum reader and inputer! Looking forward to exchanging tips! Cheers.

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hello, I'm posting to have my restrictions removed. Hoping to find some help on the forum with a Samsung UN46B6000 that I picked up.

Comment

Working...
                                          X