This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey, All! My name is Matt and I manage an IT help desk for a small private college in the midwest. Came across the badcaps forums from a google search (every technician's not-so-secret weapon) for a specific (bios password) problem I'm having.

Okay, time to settle in and do some reading before I make a thread about my problem, lest I embarrass myself.

Comment

hi All, I am a DIY, like to fix stuffs, take pride in bringing life back to broken stuffs, this will be one of my valuable resources on the net...thank you

Comment

Hello, Everyone. My names Russ and I'm a fix-it-myself addict. Happy to be involved with people of the same interest. Hope to be more help than trouble...we will see. JK ;-)

Comment

Hello,

Been tinkering with electronics since I was 8-9 in the 70's. Went to school to be an electronic engineer, but didn't feel like doing the electives after I found out I could make more money selling capacitors; been doing just that for about 30 years.

So I know passive components really well (specs, part number systems, and a host of very old info in the brain DB). Also fairly literate in other components, discretes especially, but pretty broad-line.

Live in Kooky California; if t wasn't for the weather I'd be outta here...

Anyway, glad to be aboard. Know about this site for years and have read a lot of threads, especially since the bad lytics problem from China about ten years ago. Decided to finally register.

Mike

Comment

Hi Folks,
            Years ago I tinkered about ... mainly in the days of valves ...Transistors being a relatively new thang and IC's being a pipe dream .... No prize in the guess the age stake! I have built tranny & IC amps and repaired both for others over the years but never really got back to component level diagnosis properly with smd components and IC's - blaming the eyesight more often than the brain But here I am repairing monitors for mates.

Comment

Hello, my name is Giovani, and with your help, I will try to repair some electronics, for me and my friends too. Thank you!

Comment

Hey folks,

Working on a chirping TV right now, that's what got me here. Now that I've looked around a bit, I'll be looking for reasons to come back. I'm mostly a computer guy who likes to dabble in component level repair. I tend not to post much, but if I can help, I will certainly share.

Thank you admins for maintaining this valuable resource.

Kit

Comment

Hi, my name is Lawrence, from Singapore. I hope to be able to learn more on troubleshooting techniques from this constructive and informative forum. Although I'm mechanically trained but I would frequently delve into simple electrical and electronic appliances repairs, to save myself on repair charges as well as to continue to learn and improve on my troubleshooting techniques where possible. Thank you.

Comment

Hi All My Name is Craig
                    I love tinkering with electronics, building, trouble shooting and repairing. I live in TEXAS

Comment

Hello All

I've been working in electronics along time mostly broadcast engineering and Audiovisual. I've done my share of recapping. I just came across this site while searching on a problem with a Tv.

Comment

Hi Everyone I've been lurking on this forum for quite some time and figured I would finely join even though I'm really just a beginner. I have gotten fair at cap replacement and some basic trouble shooting. I have repaired a few TV's but I feel that is just dumb luck. My main interest is computers and cell phones. I just hope I don't sound to stupid on this forum.

Comment

Hi, my name is Paul, I repair electronic equipment.
                          I am happy that there is such a forum.

Comment

Hi,
                            i hope i will fix my loved plasma tv..

Best regards
                            drafter

Comment

Hello.

Comment

Hello there.

Comment

Hi, I'm an IT guy and came across this forum hoping to get some advice on fixing my plasma TV.

Comment

Hi, I'm from Ohio and have been fixing things on and off for the last 30 years or so.

Mostly without schematics but sometimes I need them. My tool of choice is a simple Vom.

Thanks,
                                    Jeff

Comment

Hi guys,
                                      Just thought I would check in as a new member. I'm a FSE for the last 15 years currently working on medical equipment. A busted TV brought me here.

Kurly

Comment

Hi guys,

My name is Dobrin from Netherlands,
                                        Was looking for some stuff and found this great forum.
                                        Repairing computers is my hobby and I really enjoying it.

Cheers,
                                        Dobrin

Comment

New to Jeeps and new to the forum but really like all that I have seen so far. I have been called an "old fart" too many times lately and decided to try something that my grand sons seem to really like.......driving jeeps...4 wheeling. Grew up awhile back wanting to drag race and found out that money was far more important than the driving. I bought a Corvette and went rallying and autocrossing. And then to SCCA racing. First into showroom stock and ending in American Sedan....heart doctor said no more driving.....3 years later he said now you can. I had already sold everything!!!! Been wanting to do something else and decided I may try a family thing with Jeeps. Here I am.
                                          I purchased a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee from a friend for almost nothing. Hey, it runs and so far it looks like everything works including the A/C which will please the wife.

I am retired form GM where I went from engineering technician to Process Engineer in a short 31 years. The last 20 years were not considered work as I played with the motorsports people in IMSA and SCCA and brake systems. Helped mostly Camaro and Corvette people although there were a few Oldsmobile people also. I replaced the right front rotor and pads on the Jeep this past weekend and the design is similar to GM. I think that I have said enough for now but anyone who wants to know more....just let me know!

Comment

Working...
                                          X