This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Howdy everyone! I am wanting to learn more about electronics and also fix a plasma tv I received from my neighbor.

Comment

Hey all,
      I stumbled upon this site while looking for advice on how to repair my now non-functioning pansasonic VT25 plasma t.v.

I'm more determined than ever after reading some of the really good posts and responses on this website and am confidant that with your assistance I can figure this out.

Look forwarding to chatting with you all!

-James

Comment

Hi! Like the last few above me, stumbled upon this site trying to figure out what is wrong with my Plasma, and how to repair it. I'm impressed with the amount of knowledge I see here, and I look forward to delving into it!

A little about me, I'm a relatively new grad computer engineer, with my biggest interest being networking. Looking forward to that forum especially!

Comment

New member here. A little electronics in the military fixing air defense weapons. Retired military 22 years. 53 yrs old. Trying to figure out whats wrong with my tv. Glad I'm aboard

Comment

Hi guys,

My name is Johny and I have my father in-laws 46" 3D TV in pieces on my dining table. It's OK though, he knows! Its the wife coming home to a dismantled TV where dinner is getting served that worries me!

Comment

Good Morning!

I'm Daniel. Came home last night to TV issues. Looking to get advice on how I can fix my TV. Looks like a great site!

Comment

hi, having LCD PSU whine when LCD is suspending, going to make a post about it.

Comment

Hey now! I'm looking forward to learning more about the diagnosis and repair of electronics! Thank you for having me!

Comment

Hello !
                    Great info and excellent post.

Comment

HI, i joined this forum for laptop repairs knowledge. Good forum indeed and helpful.

Comment

I couldn't afford the C64 and got the Vic instead, I followed the directions and made a tank game

Comment

I came to find out about my 60 inch plasma, it's on all day long but when it is hot and is turned off it won't turn back on. Afraid that one of these days it won't turn on at all.

Comment

Hi! My first digital technology was with the original Nintendo hand held donky kong game at a cousins place he had two of them one orange and one brown. It had double sided LCD screens was fold-able and could fit in the palm of your hand you could easily carry it with you any where you wanted in a pouch, pocket or in your hand it was an excellent technology and the first one of this type of a game to come out.

Before I could have my own share of the Nintendo Entertainment System games I was introduced to them at the same cousins place. that console had many of the original Nintendo Entertainment System games from early 1980's to early 1990's. But the console was not the original Nintendo Entertainment System. It was a different one where the cartridges had to be mounted on the top of the console. But it had the two pads and gun from the original Nintendo Entertainment System. The original Nintendo Entertainment System looks way better than the Nintendo console I had.

My first computer was an assembled Pentium 111 with windows 98 it had a zida tomato system board. It was bought in 2001. That was the time when I was extremely excited when my first computer was booked. Although I did not know a thing about computers It was a very wonderful feeling to have a computer in the house as it was the first one I ever had and to be able to use it when ever I wanted was even more wonderful.

I had used a computer before this around 1995. For a few months I had even played games with one around the same year.But this was at other peoples place. I guess it must be a Pentium 11 with Windows 95. Those were the first 3D games I played. They were wolfenstein 3D and Stunts 2. I also got to play the very popular 2D games of that time they were Prince of Persia and King's Quest V: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder!. Till today I still love the graphics of these King's Quest games. That was the time when I always very badly wished, hoped and craved for my own computer. I also had a computer class at my school but that class failed to teach any thing about computers it only helped in making me user friendly with computers.

2001 were also the first days of my internet. I was on the world wide web for the first time in my life. They were also the days when I had to connect the telephone line with the modem to be able to go to the internet. The modem was big with red lights and used to make that popular modem whining sound when connecting to the internet. The internet was really slow with that telephone line. I remember when starting internet explorer Netscape used to be the main page. I had no clue what a virus and an antivirus was I had never herd about these things at that time. I had discovered the 24 hour internet radio with 24/7 hours of continues international music. That was and is fabulously out of the world for me. From that time onwards all my computer knowledge and education as well as all other education is growing only from the internet. Now I use a much faster broadband connection.

Comment

Hi, I am from rather cool place in edge of Europe.

Messing around with computers everyday and experiment time to time a bit with simpler electronics.
                              Joined the forum in hope of repairing my precious monitor.
                              Oh and I like to learn!

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm form Portugal and I joined to this forum to get some help in a few projects that I have to do. I hope get some help from you and if I can help you with my knowledge I will do that Thanks

Comment

Hello all

A bit about myself:

Im into all things tech with a focus on computer and mobile device repair. I love forums for the wealth of knowledge and experience. Im brand new here and I look forward to sharing and gaining as much knowledge as possible. Thanks

Comment

Hi from Ontario Canada ,guitar player and general fixit guy looking for some TV repair info on this forum.

Comment

Hello. I joined this forum to find help for troubleshooting an LCD TV. I fixed my son's LCD earlier this year but I haven't been able to figure out the latest one. Thank you.

Comment

Apparently, the post I made above didn't qualify to allow me to post new threads so I'm trying again.

Comment

Hello, new to the forum here....seems like a lot of handy info on here.

Greg

Comment

Working...
                                          X