X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello there,

Joining in this forum, hoping to get hints in diagnosing and fixing electronics.
    Extensive background in electronics aarea but still something to learn.

- Tomppa

Comment

Hello I too am new to this forum. I hope to give and receive useful information to this site

Comment

Hi, I'm Steve from sunny Cannock in Staffordshire.

Joined this form after a google search in aid of fixing a certain Samsung TV. It appears you have a wealth of information on here when it comes to this sort of problem.

I'm an Electrical Control Panel builder by trade - good with big cable, relays, PLC's and contactors... but not so 'up' on intricate pcb electronics. But theres room in the brain to learn.

Comment

Hi all!
          I am here new and I want to help you or you can to help me.
          Sorry for my English, because I am Czech :-)
          I am from central of CZ, from small village named Sokoleč.
          I am 21 years old and I am electrician. I like PC and Notebooks to repair it, but it is often very difficult. I found this page and I belive it help me.
          I am open to share my know-how with people, who need help.

Petr Chuchvalec

Comment

Hi I'm new to Badcaps Forum>Seems like a pretty good place to start learning.I have a Panasonic TH50PZ80U. I had a "TRAVELING TECH" who charged me $75 to tell me mypower supply is good and he thinks screen panel is bad.I not convinced after reading Badcaps Forum and the fact that the screen glows slighty.I'm hoping someone will help me fix her as it seems a shame to just throw her under the bus.Here are its symptoms.Turns on,3fans run,2 boards show green leds lit.No Picture,no sound but screen primes(glowing slightly,can only see it in darkened room).no code flashes of red on light.When I turn TV off with remote or tv button it comes right back on,no code flashes.Tried to test plasma D board using the following process:Turn on TV,on TV hold VOL-,push remote 0 button 3x,release VOL-,wait 10 sec,press red button on remote 2x.Pattern should appear on screen,scroll through each pattern by cycling red button,power off TV.When I do this nothing happens. is the "A" board bad?I'll take any help please Chris

Comment

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I know something about some simple components and how to solder and I can also find my way a bit in computerland. I've often repaired motherboards (mainly bad caps) and other things, but I know less then you think. So please be patient with me. ;-)

Comment

Hi all
                good to find a site where I can get and maybe give some assistance. Currently working on a plasma TV repair. Thanks to all in advance.

Comment

Hello. I'm Jim an engineer who just replaced all the caps on my Sceptre X22WG 1080p monitor but it still only comes on for a few seconds then goes black in a few seconds. First time on it stayed on for about 5-10min. So I'm joining to look for more information. Glad to find your site!

Comment

Hi everyone,

Just discovered this forum, seems like an awesome place to learn!

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello, thanks for running the site!

Comment

Hello everyone! Im a tinkerer of everything. Jack of all trades and Master at nothing!! (kidding). Glad to see a site with people that have some grip on our technology that make most people lazy. I say fix it dont throw it away!! Here to help answer some questions and find answers myself.

Comment

have an old dell precision 670 i recapped. Fixed the not booting problem, but now my pci bridge doesn't work. wanted to see if anyone has an idea why

Comment

Hello everyone. I am an avid DIYer. I have many hobbies ranging from building computers to building race engines. My passion is finance and aerospace.

Joined this forum to take advantage of the immense amounts of knowledge and hopefully give back to the community.

Comment

hello all im dylan. im here to help fix my sisters 50 inch that has gone crazy.
                                nothing on the interwebs has come close to looking like this so im here to ask for help.
                                im 22 from Arkansas pretty smart with electronics so im sure i can fix this

Comment

hello hello im dylan. im here getting my first post in im trying to help my sister fix a led tv that isnt that old . it was bought as a floor model form bestbuy picture is crzy so im think t-con. hope i can get help here

Comment

Hello All Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself I am 15 year+, Computer/ Laser printer / fix anything i can get my hands on tech ..lol
                                    Pretty good with troubleshooting and repairing of a host of electronic equipment
                                    and have been Dubbed I R Uber Super Tech . Video Gaming Madman Who Cant go to long without My Neocron ,Battlefield ,or Flyff :P PC Games ... who couldnt find a better place to hang out online then a Cool site like this, were I would like to learn more about the component level of repair ,that will enable me to create the ultimate plutonium z598 earth destructable space modulator
                                    After completeing my studies Majoring in Computer Science I"ve just been promoted to your 100% Guy who loves to tinker and fix things while learning more about the hobby I love

and would like to take this time to thank you for having me aboard

XxX.. WitSlitWrist

Comment

Hello All!!! Came home to a Panasonic TC-P42ST30 that when turned on, it just clicks once like it wants to turn on and then no picture...just a blank screen with the power button showing a solid red. From some of the posts I learned to depress the power button a few seconds and then the power led just blinks 14 times repeatedly.

I look forward to searching past posts for information on how to resolve my issue. The TV was only used a few hours a day sporadically since acquired brand new back in fall of 2011.

I'm good with software...but hardware not so much...Hopefully I'll be able to just take the back off and take a board out to send for repair. Any direction would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by MD Willington View Post
                                        Names Matthew David
                                        30 - Birthday 10 January 1976.
                                        Married, we have 2 children - not kids, kids are baby goats, I have children.

MO:
                                        I am a firmware/software engineering technician, I test embedded firmware, it is somewhat similar to the bios you find on your motherboard. Also test software, both leaning towards hardware side.

Firmware, software, hardware, cover all 3 pretty much... build test fixtures for Firmware engineers, compose and run functional tests.

I graduated from college in Canada with a Diploma in Industrial Electronics and Process Control. In the USA it is the equivalent of an Associated Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology. I'm no BEE or MEE but I get by with what I know, and someone liked what I knew enough to move me to the USA and sponsor me for a greencard... Not sure what 10 years of experience adds to my credentials, but thats how long I've been doing this.

I hold Citizenships in Canada & UK, working on US too - collect them like Hockey cards!!
                                        I wish I knew how to write BIOS and program chips; sure would help in upgrading older boards; many mobo manufacturers quit providing updates for otherwise very usable boards.
                                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-19-2022, 05:10 AM.

Comment

I am not very quick at navigation, and how to get to be able to post threads here.

Comment

Working...
                                          X