This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello people. I've been building PCs and cars for years and frequently engage in new DIYer projects. My latest is the repair of a 58 inch Samsung plasma, which I am here to investigate.

Comment

Hello, Greg Coleman from Stockbridge, Georgia. Started looking here when trying to repair a Dell 1800fp" monitors Power supply issues. Worked fine yesterday but t0day nada!. hoping info on this forum helps to troubleshoot and solve the problem.

Comment

Hello, My name is Tommy From STL. My whole life I have been tearing apart anything I can get my hands on to to see how it worked. I work on classic cars and I am a huge pinball fan, I have got most of my electronic repair knowledge from pinball repair and restoration.

Comment

Hello from the Granite State. I can't stand the idea that we live in a consumption based economy. It's a great feeling when you resurrect an electronic device back from the dead for next to nothing. The dumpster will have to wait! I want my electronics to last a lifetime. I'd like to learn more about repairing electronic circuits, and to share my knowledge with other people. Right now i'm only fixing simple things like exploded capacitors, cracked solder joints, and obvious shorts (burnt smell, black spot on PCB's) I've brought many devices back to life using these simple techniques (car audio amplifiers, home theater subwoofers, game systems, car ECU's, TV's, etc. I do have a DMM and i have a few projects i'm ready to tackle. Thank you in advance for any help you may give me. See you guys and gals around. Cheers!

Comment

Hello all. Hi From Portugal Problems with my LCD Tv end me up here, after reading few Threads, give me the feel to register and whish to belong to this comunity

People that makes such communitys, should earn Medal's hehe They are the Life safers

So here to earn knowledge, and give if need my little knowledge.

Regards to all.

Comment

Hi.
              I'm Adam
              I have a Hanns G HG281D

I'd like to see how to fix.

The screen goes black very often. Sometimes when the LCD is on the screen will shake a little bit or show moire.

Any ideas?

Comment

Hi all, I am a new technician from Sheffield England. I have been repairing the simple things like DC Jacks and broken USB ports for a while now, just the other day I encountered a problem that is beyond my skill set. I have replaced a DC jack on a Samsung NP3530, something I have done a few times on this model alone. This time however the laptop wouldn't turn on or charge, its at this point I noted two very tiny components burned out close to the jack. I have search extensively to identify them and it is this search that brought me to this forum. I hope I find the answers I am looking for and look forward to being a part of this forum.

Comment

Hello, I am new to BADCAPS, I am from Los Angeles Ca. i am a recently retired Fireman. I now have time to fix things myself around the house. The first project is our Jenn air wall oven/microwave model w276. i look forward to reading the posts and advise of the wise members in here.

Comment

Carlos here, new here from Los Angeles. CA. Will be looking for parts for a Jenn Air W276 . Display has gotten very dim, hope you smart people can help me fix this problem.

Comment

Helo, I am new here to BadCaps, recently retired and now able to fix things myself, My first project is a temp display too dim on a Jenn Air wall oven/microwave. model w276... i am counting on the smart people here to assist me with this project.

Comment

Hello dear friends.

My name is Constantin and i am from Greece. I do electronics as a hobby but i only have basic knowledge.

Nice to be here !

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm getting into this by researching a TV that I'm sure I can fix, and I really appreciate all of the helpful advice that is in this site. You've got some pretty helpful guys posting here.

I'm definitely technically inclined, but newer to the electronics side of things. I fix cars for a living, not TVs, but I'm getting in a lot of learning with you guys.

Thanks for all of the help so far!

-Randy

Comment

Hello All,

Brand new to this site and hoping someone can help me with one, if not, the strangest hardware problems I have ever seen since I have been involved with PCs (The Atari 8-Bit days)

I found this site as it looks like there are more tech savvy people here than some of the other popular hardware sites.

I will post it in the general section once my new user restriction gets lifted.

Thanks alot!

Comment

Hi all - I found this site because I am tryin gto fix my Samsung TV. I really respect the expertise on this forum and I am a hopeful DIY guy. Thanks again.

Comment

Trying to fix my Samsung. Thanks for the help. Hoping to learn some new skills as well.

Comment

Hello everyone. I just picked up a Vizio VU42L fhdtv10a from a friend who was going to toss it. I grabbed it as a project in the hopes of learning something new and saving a few grand in having to buy a new TV as our old CRT finally bit the bullet. I have been digging around the forum enough to know its most likely a regulator, but still feeling a little shaky on details.

Here's hoping I learn a few things during this process and can save a few bucks along the way.

Thanks.

~Sig

Comment

Hello everyone,

I am just now starting to learn the ins and outs of pc hardware repair. I have a long way to go but i feel with the right help i will succeed. My current background is more in computer builds as well as a ham radio operator. I find working computers fun and entertaining. I hope that eventually i can be a good asset to badcaps. Well thats it for now im not much of a talker but i will do my best. cya later

Comment

Hello,

I am just trying to fix my panasonic plasma tv which took a hit from lightning. This is first time trying this kind of repair, i mostly work on computers for family and friends. I just want to learn as much as possible and look forward to learning here. Thanks

Comment

Hello to all members of this forum , I'm Solder Smoke , my country is Costa Rica , I am a fan of electronics since I was 10 years, as I am a hobbist hamradio , I like to do and build my own projects , and above all learn everything I can from this interesting field . When I 'm not working, or experimenting with some project , I spend my time fishing from shore , I have the good fortune to live in a country where every beach is only 3 or 4 hours away , so I enjoy it and I thank having the fortune to be born in my country ,and with your help I hope to enjoy all the topics discussed in this forum, greetings from Costa Rica , Pura Vida ......
                                        "If two hands and a brain built it , I can fix it "
                                        Solder Smoke

Comment

Hello All,

I am from Windsor, Ontario, Canada. I have replaced a few capacitors over the last year.

GD

Comment

Working...
                                          X