This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello! Newbie here with TV repair questions!

Comment

Hello,
      I am passionate about electronics, a self-taught.
      Here I found interesting information on my monitor hanns-g HG281D for how to fix it.
      I was aware for some years that were produced bad capacitors in the world, I fixed my own modem routers and other gadgets, but I did not think there was a forum like this!

Thanks for all the great work, I hope in some way to make my contribution.
      Sorry I have not studied English ... (French only) i am Italian and use google translation.

Comment

Hello to all,

I am from Ruthin, Wales, in the UK. I have replaced a few capacitors successfully with the great help from this forum.

Comment

Fellow here.

I'm kind of a serial entrepreneur of sorts and I have a hobby of fixing electronics. I'm interested in learning more electrical engineering things as I believe it'd be super cool to be able to design my own ballasts or crude AV receivers.

That'd be neat.

However, as it stands right now my abilities are somewhat limited. I can spot a puffy cap, buy a replacement and solder it in. I can also take a guess as to which board is causing a problem on a TV and order a replacement for that.

I'd like to learn more about testing on the component level to replace fuses and such though.

Comment

No engineer here or anything. I just like to learn how things work and try and fix them. My field of actual experience is many years as a baker, followed by about ten years as a truck driver. Bad back forced me on disability. Youtube (Tampatec and others) sparked an interest in tv repair, hmmm, I can do this. And here I am! I have already learned a lot from reading the forums prior to registering and I thank you all for that.

Comment

Hello everyone,
              I'm Mel from Houston. I have a Panasonic TC-P50S30 that quit last week. The screen went blank, no sound but the red light power indicator stayed on. The remote nor TV on/off switch would turn of the TV. Unplug the TV and the red light goes off with two faint "click" sounds from the TV. Plug back in and the TV comes on for a few seconds, perfect picture and sound then it goes blank again with the red power indicator remaining on. No blinking from the power indicator....I've read 100's of posts about plasma TV's on this site but none with this failure mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi.

Comment

hello

Comment

hi

Comment

Hi Guys

Fresno, CA. My spare TV a LG 42PX12X lost the image but not the sound so I thought it would be a nice project to repair it myself. Therefore here I am

Comment

Absolutely wonderful site guys! Newb here all the way though, so be gentle

Comment

One more on board! Hello!

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                            As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                            So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                            where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

Hi I'm Sunil
                              Repairing laptops and desktops motherboard

Comment

Hello guys!
                                It seems a very smart community. I've just read the first messages of the thread and I've just remembered the old days when I was "playing" electronics with 74xx TTL or 40xx CMOS digital components and with my first computer Sinclair ZX80 disassembling its "huge" 4KB ROM.

I'm very glad to be here.

Comment

Hey all, glad to join the group. I'm mainly interested in repairing my Acer AL2423W LCD Monitor that has bad caps. Here's hoping I'm able to fix it, with the help of this incredibly useful site.

Comment

Hello I'm Dito 32 years old
                                    I'm from Semarang, Central Java , Indonesia
                                    I hope can exist in this forum, and shared everyting about repairing motherboard together.
                                    So don't be shy to ask for me everything about schema or BIOS file.
                                    I will help if I can.
                                    Thank U

Comment

Oh my 501 pages. Who read all that? Well my name is Jason, I am in the motor trade but love to tinkle with electrics. Always have and always will. Hoping to be able to get some advice here about a faulty plasma. Must say in the past I have read a lot of information in this site but have never registered until now. And what I have read has been very very helpful. There appears to be some very knowledgeable people here and access to a lot of good quality information. I live near Bristol in the UK by the way. And my favourite shop is maplin

Comment

As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                        So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

Comment

hi looking to repair my lg47lg50 had a power surge and found a burnt mark on the power board i think lol any help would be appreciated thank you

Comment

Working...
                                          X