• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,
    Excited to be a contributing member, I have lots of broken things

Comment

Hello everyone. Former overclocker that have turned "audiophile". (Capacitophile?)

Comment

Greetings from Florida,

Found this forum and looking for information to repair a Samsung LN52A630 start up issue. Thanks in advance for all the great technical information!

Comment

Hello..new member here.

Comment

Hello, I'm Sam and I'm a Tuner-aholic. It's been one day since my latest 'bargain' arrived. I got her following up on a Soundcraftsmen T6002. Hello to All!

Comment

Hi, I'm Jasen, from Austin, Texas.

I always liked science and technology, taking things apart as a kid (not good at putting back together then).
              Got a degree in Electrical Engineering, then went to the darkside and began programming.
              Too many engineers could not use computers...I found a purpose

I already have some experience repairing a LCD Samsung Monitor. The infamous capacitor failure fad. It cost me $300 new, and went bad within 2 years. I was not happy.
              But, I managed to find and replace the offending caps. Woo Hoo!

Now I'm on to a repairing a Visio 47 inch LCD TV.

Hope to find success or at least education here!!!

Thanks

Comment

ayyo, found some bad caps now I'm here.

Comment

Hi everyone. I have broken things

Comment

Haloo from Croatia!!

Comment

Hola from Argentina! New here, cool site.

Comment

Hi Folks
                        Chris here in Leeds, UK.
                        Popping on to the forum to quiz you guys about a repair that I need to do on a Technika Tesco super-crappy-cheap 26" flatscreen TV.
                        Chris

Comment

Howdy. I have had good luck repairing my own electronic devices over the years, mostly by opening them up and looking for the components that are obviously distressed and need replacing. However, I'm a rank amateur with no training in electronics whatsoever, and I am hoping to learn a bit more about what I'm doing by spending some time here.

Thanks!
                          Jim

Comment

Hiya, been lurking on this forum for a bit but thought I'd sign in proper. Like most noobs here I am motivated by a powerless Samsung tv. Hope I can fix it soon. This site is a brilliant resource though.

I don't have any technical experience other than building my own pc's and fixing junk when it breaks, but I like tinkering.

Oh yeah, I'm Hollie, UK ^__^

Comment

Hello, new member. Retired engineer, hobbies include old radios, astronomy, old British sports cars. Hope to learn trouble shooting techniques.

Cheers, Frank

Comment

I am a new member here. I hate throwing money at problems and always attempt my own fixes first.

Comment

Hi there !

I do computer repair for fun and just starting messing around with television repair for the first time thanks to .... well: My Panasonic plasma died! The internet pointed me here - theres clearly a lot of knowledge experience around these parts - I hope to be able to get help

Comment

Hi everyone, new member here trying to fix my LG 55LD520. The screen won't turn on for some reason. Hopefully someone can help me fix it! Thanks!

Comment

Hi, my name is Ray and I am posting for the first time. I had a problem with a Toshiba 46L5200U LED tv and found a solution here (I hope). The problem was it was flashing the Toshiba logo, then going black. I tried the stated solution and it seems to have worked. (disconnect the DIM #15 wire). I had a question to the gentleman who posted the solution. My question is; Is this a "permanent" solution or should I expect to spring for a motherboard. Also, he said that I could replace the SMD Voltage Regulator, and might like to try that if I could get some guidance. I am not an electronics professional, but am fascinated by electronics and have been tinkering around with it all of my life. I would very much like to tackle replacing the regulator if it is not too daunting. I think the part is like less than $2 but more than .11 cents.

Comment

Hi, I'm Fat. I'm a systems engineeer and a wanna be EE. Looking forward to gaining some trouble shooting knowledge from you more experienced people. Thanks for letting me join up!

Comment

Replying to get help.

Comment

Working...
                                          X