This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi. I came here looking for some guidance on repairing a monitor that failed and seemed to find that it is a common and easily repairable problem. Still have to order the parts and give it a try. As for me, I have been working the I.T. field for a long time. I practically grew up in my dad's electrical contracting business so that is probably where my knack for tinkering with this stuff comes from.

Comment

Hello all,
      Name is John found this site while trying to fix a power supply and realized the wealth of info it contained and as I'm always fixing things can always use resources with good information. I'm always learning new things and always looking for solutions to everyday problems. If its fixable most of the time Ill find a way.

namaste

Comment

Hello all,

My name is Nebojsa. I'm from Bosnia and Herzegovina.
        I found this site while trying fix problem on Samsung SynMaster 913N.

Now I have problem wit AOC 913Swl like this:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF43WKaZBEk
        I can't post new thread...

Comment

Hello
          My name is Bartosz. I'm IT technician and electronics hobbyist.

Comment

Hey all!

My name is Justin and I'm here for help troubleshooting a PSU for a Proscan TV I acquired. If I can fix it, its gonna save me a ton of money for Christmas this year.

I don't have a big background in electronics but I can fix just about anything else. Would be nice to learn this skill as well.

Looking forward to talking to all of you.

/R

Comment

I'm new to forums so I guess this is where I post my first message. I'm retired IT person and dabble in electronic repair, mostly my own stuff. I was given an LG LCD television that has a power problem and this forum seems to have the most information.

Comment

Hey, everyone! My name is Alex and I like to fix things (or at least try to). I'm from Indiana and enjoy playing sports, video games, and reading all types of books!

Comment

Hey everyone. I have been using this site for a while but never needed to post so I never introduced myself.

Josh from North Carolina here and I am an amateur electronics nerd. I say this because I know enough to be dangerous. Sometime things I do turn out fairly well.
                  Here is a link to my christmas lights.

https://www.facebook.com/lightsongreycrest

Hopefully my reputation gets updated so I can make a post about a TV I am having problems with.

Comment

hello,
                    Wow, joining my 1st forum..So be patient with me. Much better at listening and learning than speaking and teaching. I found this site in search of troubleshooting my flat screen TV. Instead of it sitting there collecting dust. I am a DIYer. Mechanically inclined, and believe "when there is a will, there is a way". And having 4 brothers doesn't hurt either. Learned a lot, and still learning.

Born and raised in San Francisco Bay Area, where I still reside. I have many interests. Ornamental Horticulture, computer technology, Arts and crafts are just a few. I like working with my hands, anything creative and using my skills or imagination. As for electronics, my field of knowledge falls into Computers. Didn't go to school, but my good friend did, and taught me everything he knew. And now I share what I have learned and know. I build, repair and network. Basically, anything on the technical side. I Love this site.

julgren

Comment

Well, hi there everyone!

I know no-one will read this (except, perhaps, the next person to introduce themselves), but hey, good place for a first post. I am a West Aussie who likes tinkering, and this forum has helped me crack open a large number of monitors to replace faulty parts, especially those darn CapXon caps.

I rescue monitors and computers from local verge junk collections before the copper crusaders or the council collectors get to them, take them home, and nurse them back to health... or put them down humanely.

A common junk scrounger, turning trash into treasure. As hobbies go, it's a fun one.

Comment

Hi there all. I'm very new to repairing stuff and do it more as a hobby in my spare time. I find the info on this site amazing even if 90% is way over my head! Always looking to learn though. Thanks.

Comment

Hi, Pierre from Québec just joined. Enjoy!

Comment

Hello gang,

Roy Niswanger here...just a tinker'r, master of nothing and a do'er of most. Married with 3 boys (all scouts)...6 year USN Submarine veteran (ET Nuke), USS Columbus SSN 762.

You'll see a post from me in the TV troubleshooting section

-Roy

Comment

hello guys,
                              im a student who is currently thinking of changing lifepath, and deal with electronics instead of mechanical engineering.
                              i always repaired smaller electrical problems (revive electric tools, etc), but i would like to understand and repair more complex devices as well.
                              this forum would be a good opportunity to help me along this way.
                              thank you

Comment

Just a quick Hello to everyone I'v been at the Reparing of home electronics for 52 years and
                                you still learn something new each day!

Comment

Hi all, my name is Stephen and I'm from N.Ireland.

It's really good to see a forum dedicated to various electronics where you can ask for help and advice.

I know I'm going to like it here

Comment

Hi all, my Name is Langa and I'm from South Africa.

I'm very excited to be accepted in this Forum.

Comment

Hi All,

My name is Langa, I'm from South Africa. I'm a Maintenance Planner by Profession. I'm a qualified Electrical/Electronics Technician. I specialize in PLC's, HMI's and Powerpanels, I have been in this field since Year 2000. I spent most of my spare time in my garage at home repairing electronic equipment or writing a program for Machinery.

Lately i just started receiving TV's and stereo amplifiers, thus i came to this forum for advice in certain areas

Comment

Hello, y'all! I'm happy to be among so many smart and wonderful folks out there who really have a passion for electronics and the desire to help others. This is the first forum I have ever been involved in and I look forward to reading everyday, although my girlfriend would probably leave me if she found out.

I like to break things, but I love to fix them.

Comment

Hi there. My name is Justin. I just started a job in fixing electronics, although I've been tickering as long as I could remember. I epsecially liked messing ith mobile phones. I'm no expert but I have a knack for figuring stuff out. The place I work for gets all sorts of electrical stuff. If it plugs in or has a battery there's a good chance it passes from the pawn shop next door over to here.

Outside of my inherent need to electrocute myself, I work on various writing projects from comic books, to tv shows to short stories and novels.

Comment

Working...
                                          X