This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Noob from Canada. Fixing and RCA Tv and I need help with the replacement caps...

More into cars, but a decent TV has died and I need to save it...

Comment

Electronics noob, broke my new graphic card and don't know what kind of capacitor I need, will open a thread on suitable forum when the restriction is lifted, please check it out

Comment

Package Maintainer for Alpine Linux but a bit of an electronic noob. I just soft bricked my hp laptop after a repaste.......

Comment

Hey guys, Shane here, a fellow pc tech and new to the TV repair world. Came here for some answers, a little guidance, and to learn from the pros. Anyway, thanks in advance.

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello I'm Allen's Arcade and I do television and arcade video game repairs. I repair pinball and monitors for clients but sometimes I'm a little out of my element and need assistance. I love working on games and helping people. Check out my web site at Allen'sarcade.com

Comment

Hello to all. I'm Roger S. and I live in the 574. Otherwise known as northern Indiana. I have spent the last 34 years learning my profession of Automotive and Diesel Technology. The inclusion of computers to the automotive world was a huge benefit to all. Just brought a lot of learning to the already complicated field.
                Have spent my whole life tinkering and fixing and really enjoy the challenge of learning new things. That being said I would like to thank all of the experts here for sharing knowledge. Really like what I see here and look forward to putting some of this information to use.

Comment

Hello, my name is Martin, I'm from Argentina and I hope to learn basic electronics in this forum. Thank you

Comment

Hello, looking for some help with Panasonic Plasma TC-P65S60 with no audio, blank video.

Comment

Hello! Electronics noob here. Having issues with a 2 year old Plasma and decided this was the place to join to get the right answers. Thanks!

Comment

Hello, I am James from NJ, and I joined looking for information on Dell BIOS password resets.

Comment

Hello

Comment

hey, I'm Stormy, trying to fix TV power supply boards...

I'm very new to this, and had some success with capacitors, but now moving to transistors (burnt) and other burnt components

hi all.

Stormy...

Comment

Hi! I'm 65 years old. No professional electronics background, but have always tinkered and liked to fix things. I replaced some caps on my motherboard last winter.
                              Out of curiosity about how LCD monitors are made, I asked my employer to give me any he was going to recycle. I have repaired a few by re-soldering CFLs, or replacing caps.
                              This is the first forum I've been to that so quickly and concisely provided the information I needed. Looks very friendly too!
                              I hope someday I can contribute. Thank you for the opportunity.
                              Mark

Comment

Hi! I'm a mechanical engineer that tinkers a lot with cars. I also happen to tinker with electronics when I'm not tinkering with cars. Joining to forum to fix one of my Dell 2007FP monitors. In the past I have built a Blue ESR meter by AnaTek Corp and used that to diagnose a blown capacitor on my computer power supply. I have also done some minor laptop modifications, reflowing of GPUs, and also soldered on my Galaxy S1 cellphone to implement the unbrickable mod. I tend to be a lurker, but I have my moments of contribution. I hope that I can contribute as much as I can learn from this forum.
                                Thanks!
                                -S.C.

Comment

Hi I'm Michael From Los Angeles,

I have a vizio m3d650sv with 3 1/2 -1 inch thick vertical lines on the left panel that are both black and colored. The panel also will leave behind traces of the original image with it taking some time for the original image to bleed away, even when turning to a black screen.

Think of it as a type of ghosting that is very slow, it doesn't seem to affect the left part of the panel.

However I noticed when unplugging the HDMI cable while a movie was playing, the blurred images remain even on a blank screen.

The vertical lines also cut off part of the channel and input info on the top right corner.

Is this a main board or TC board issue, or likely the panel is done.

Thanks,
                                  -Michael

Comment

My name is Ty and im getting into repair and stuff of laptops im currently in El Paso TX

Samsumg E300E5C BRICKED trying to figure what all i need to fix it thanks

Comment

Hello all!!
                                      I have been actively involved with Electronics and Computers since early 90's, always like to tinker and modify. I try to find a reason to keep any electronic boards/parts I come across. It's always nice/rewarding to pull salvaged parts for projects and repairs.
                                      always looking to learn something new - thanks again for BadCaps.net !!

Comment

Hello my name is Dmitriy, from California. Need help with an LG 47LV3700 looks like a bad tcon board but need some more help

Comment

Aloha from Hawaii! I have started picking up discarded TVs from the side of the road and have been trying to repair them. I don't have much electronics knowledge but I like taking things apart and sometimes putting them back together!

Comment

Working...
                                          X