This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Sorry meant to say vertical lines in previous post, but unable to edit it.

Comment

Hi there,
      Just joined the forum as I am having problems with a TV fault. (Also just noticed the dates on this 'New Members' area - latest 2006!!!! Hope there is still someone alive out there!)

I live in the UK so I hope the time zones aren't a problem. I used to be a TV service engineer just after the big bang - they were valves back then not those silly silicon things.

Comment

Hi everyone.
        Im from Newman WA in the Pilbara.
        Really only signed up to ask a tv question.
        Cheers

Comment

New here,not to electronics. Started with vacuum tubes and ended with micro circuits. Navy carrier,'Nam Vet, Retired X-Ray Engineer in the civi world.
          Wore out the T-shirt.
          Still into "fix it yourself".
          Did the cap repair to a Samsung 204B a couple of years.... ago have a Samsung 940Be with vert lines. Prob the display is going south.
          Thanks for such an informative site.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Looking for a help with TV problems.
            Panasonic LXD80 - green LED on but no picture/sound.
            Managed to switch it on a few times (green LED blinking, many clicks heard, LCD working, good picture sometimes switched to vertical lines). The more clicks heard the more possible for the TV to switch ON. Longest about 3 minutes, then switch off itself, sometimes came back but switch itself off again after 10 seconds or so and no power LED at all.
            Now just one click heard and the LED stays green but no picture/sound.

If someone looking, please help.
            I will try to post more details on the forum.

Many thanks,

Comment

Hi everyone,
              I'm a veteran contributor to various Mac fora (Flemish/Belgian, Dutch and Canadian), but I'm a bit of an electronics enthusiast too. And these Mac fora leave me starved of any intelligent comments on component repair.
              Found this forum trying to understand some Apple Cinema HD Repair notes on EhMa.ca by forum member ixuss.
              Being versed - and self-taught almost exclusively in analogue audio circuitry and general AV connectivity because of my hobby and job (yes, with me luckily both merge!), I daresay I've picked up a lot of knowledge about digital circuitry on this one case only.
              Thank you for that!
              Just so you know: one of my favorite sites is Pinouts.ru.

Comment

Hi all. New member here. Just got on here to find info on fixing a Samsung UN46D6050 tv. I'll use the search function and post a question if nothing comes up. Basically, no video but screen flashes when first powering up. Thanks!

Comment

G'day everyone , I am new here and hope to learn a thing or two

Comment

Hello, complete newbie here with very little electronic troubleshooting experience. I have a lg mu-42pz15 Plasma that I'm working on as a project. I'm hoping learn a thing or 2 as well as save a few bucks. Thanks in advance for helpful advice or information that might come my way.

Comment

Hello! My name is Jake Bouton, I recently enrolled in an EEST (Electronics Equipment Service Technician) program at the local technical college in Tacoma, WA.

I'm new to the field and eager to learn, I bought four broken flat screens from offer-up and Craigslist. These TV's are an addition to what I'm going to learn in the program, I have all the tools I need in class but lack the skills. My instructor is busy and helps a lot but referred me to this site so I can help myself.

So, I'm here today because I have failed to figure out how to get the vertical lines off half of the screen on a Samsung 50" LCD. I started by checking the ribbon connections to the t-con board. Then I replaced the t-con board. The vertical lines on the right side of the screen are still there. I now have no clue what to do next and my google fu needs improvement, I cannot find any helpful info searching myself.

Can anyone nudge me in the right direction???

Thanks,
                      Jake

Comment

Hi All

Looking for advice on how to repair a faulty Bush LED24127FHDDVDW White DVD Combo TV

The TV is fine when using Freeview

Once the TV is in DVD Mode, all the DVD's Play in Black and White

Any advice would be appreciated and many thanks for letting me join

Comment

Hi all,

Came upon this forum has I was trying to find info on reparing an LG 50pg30 plasma tv.

I am a teacher that likes to fiddle with computer and have no experience with tv repair.

I hope my english is not to bad

Comment

Hello Folks. Been repairing Telecom equipment for 16 years. I found this site searching for repair solutions for a Dynex T.V.

Comment

Hi everyone, found this forum looking for ideas to repair a ups. looks like I found a large pool of people with experiences to share. I am from the telephone world ( building exchanges) then switched to computer side as things changed. Building hardware to user support. Now redundant and a career for my father full time but try to keep up with the changes in the world of computers.

Comment

Hi all, bin around a while.. First computer was a BBC model B, still have it and was working last time i checked about a year ago,then reconsigned to the attic...
                                Best regards to all in what looks like a very nice forum..

Comment

Hello all... Ive been lurking around on this forum for a few days and it seems like a great community!

Currently looking to troubleshoot my LG 50PK750 but have had 0 success looking online!

I hope this forum and its members can lend a hand!

Comment

Hello all! My name is Mike and I'm from Lakeland, Florida. About a week ago I pulled a Samsung plasma TV out of someone's garbage and decided to see if I could fix it. I have about 18 years of IT experience but very little of that is at the component level. I came across this forum while troubleshooting and hope that someone here might be able to steer me in the right direction. With any luck I'll have a more detailed post up soon. Thanks!

Comment

Hello,
                                      hopefully after a few more hours reading through the post here I might be closer to fixing my LG 60" Plasma. I have had almost no luck locating parts as it must be an oddball set. If I cant find the answers within the thousands of post here hopefully someone will be able to provide some guidance

Comment

Hey guys, just hoping to fix my tv. stupid caps eh?

Comment

Ok. Ok. Ok.....My first computer experience was a USAF AN/MPS9/OA215 in 1964/5....Analog Radar Tracking System. Four years later was the giant size fill-a-room main frame systems with "IC's! About 1980 my (our) first "laptop"...a TI99 with TI Basic. After 26 years with Main Frames I went on to PC's and networking. (Novell!). After 8 to 10 years of that I QUIT...went into whats called retirement. All my computer experience was in maintenance. In the old days days ya use an O'Scope, troubleshoot down to a chip pin and replace the failing chip..quite different today. A couple of years ago our Samsung 40 inch TV failed...then, with the help of the internet, I was able to identify and replace a faulty capacitor. that was my first "Badcap"! but not the last.... I'll be listening.....Katch22

Comment

Working...
                                          X