This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadetreetrader11

First time for me on a forum. Born and raised in Iowa. I Just enjoy electronics and this forum sounded like the one for me. Hope all goes well.
    Thanks

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi my name is Tony,

I fix Window computers and phones. I would like to get in to TV repair.

Comment

Hello,

This is my first time here at the forum. I fix windows computers as well as phones and would like to get into TV repair. Thank you All.

Comment

Hello,
          New to the forum and I am interested in learning how to repair electronic components.

Comment

Hi all, new to the forums. Looking forward to learning how to fix my parents' Samsung LN46A550 with the info here!

Comment

Hello badcaps community.

Comment

Hi everybody

Comment

Hello all! Born & raised in Northern Michigan. I'm a CNC Machinist by trade, but I've been tearing apart and rebuilding things since I was a kid, I'm now 35. I'm slowly working my way into electronics. I enjoy hunting down the root cause of my failed gadgets and trying to restore them to working condition while saving money and learning along the way. I'm currently in the middle of diagnosising my plasma TV and will be posting my trouble shortly. I'm amazed at the vast amounts of technical knowledge on the site, but haven't found the solution yet. I'm sure you all have some tips for me.

-Scott

Comment

Adding my hello to the community. I successfully rebuilt the power supply board on a cherished Samsung 244T monitor using info from this forum before joining, and I'm going to tackle my Samsung 305Ts (yes, more than one) and wanted access to the photos on the various threads.

On-line communities are often scoffed-at by "the full-time pros" - especially in the automotive field. But there's lots of good information to be found in communities like this one. Keep posting!

Comment

Hello My Name is Robert.

Comment

Hello, my name is Dennis. I'm a retired electrican. I have an Amateur Extra Class license and have built much of my equipment. Have worked mostly with analog, from MV to many KV. My weakness is digital eletronics and can use some help fixing my LG_50PA4500 TV, sound, remote, and tuner OK, but no picture. Was following a thread and got down to the Y-buffer board.

Comment

Hey guys just wanted to say hello to all and many thanks for the help I know I will receive here.

Comment

By the way I am Gica69 and am trying hard to diagnose a 2007 Pioneer plasma TV that locked me out.

Comment

Hi, been reading many posts here and learning a lot about component level repair. Thanks for all the great advice!

Comment

Hi! My name is Carlos and I'm from Spain. I'm currently employed in software development and recently the old screen that I planned to use as a secondary screen starting making noises... and here I am, introducing myself and stuck with a disassembled monitor on top of my bed.

Comment

Hi All. Looking to replace my 7 year old plasma Panny. Then I found this site so may check out the fault and see if it is fixable.

Comment

HI!My name is Srba I'm from serbia.I like to repair LCD and Plasma tv.I hope on this forum I found good advices.

Comment

Hello, I'm Evan Evans from sunny Fort Lauderdale, FL. Not my hometown but where I've hailed from since 11/2/89!
                                      I'm retired/disabled and so free to dip my hands & mind into just about anything that interests me. Not that I've been restricted horribbly in my working years; I started in Color TV repair in 1970, moved on to babysitting (and giving CPR to) a "mighty" Digital Equipment PDP-8E computer (for which I developed a non-core boot memory card. I transferred from lovely Davis & Elkins college in 1973 to Carnegie-Mellon University to gain access to their computer department (which was FANTASTIC even then!!) It also offered full remission of tuition since my mother was staff there LOL.
                                      When I left college, I worked for NASA, GE Space, Lockheed Missile & Space, etc. but always kept my hands in the equipment (what I lovingly call Technical Engineering).
                                      I've worked with satellites, computers, TV's, proprietary alarm systems, ATM equipment, video communications, wireless communications, CAD systems, CAM systems, CAE systems, CAT systems, ... Well, you get it, pretty much everything has my fingerprints on it somewhere.

I'm hear to learn, I'm here to help - I'm a Maker at heart and will be until they pry my rigor-mortis contracted fingers from my knobs & switches of my latest (and last) projects.

Feel free to get in touch!

Evan

Comment

Hi everyone and thanks for this great forum! I'm trying to fix my good old Samsung 2493HM monitor, which stopped working couple of years ago. Greetings to everyone from northern Finland!

Comment

Fulfilling the "at least one post" requirement. Electronically educated by the USN and college.

I have a broken TV and need help troubleshooting and getting replacement parts.

Thanks,
                                          Paul

Comment

Working...
                                          X