• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Brand new to the site hoping for info and answers

Comment

Hello!
      I am a web developer and IT is also part of my work. I have been involved in electronics, computers and the internet for over 15 years. I am old school and I like to get maximum life out of my equipment. I buy quality and make it last. I have a Dell Precision 490 that developed some issues a few months ago and found out it was bad caps on the motherboard. That is what initially brought me here. I am researching different brands of capacitors for future projects!
      Thanks!

Comment

Hi there

Comment

Hello all i am Xshade8 just looking to fix sum stuff

Comment

Hi i´m new in this forums and i want to learn with you.
            My name is Juan Pedro and I´m from Madrid, Spain and I only speak little english, so i´m sorry for that, i´m 35 years old and any technician formation at all but i love to learn reading and looking for information in the net. I´m trying to learn to repair tvs so here i am.

My first pc was an IBM PS1 that my father bring to home when i was a child with a Intel 80286 and i don´t remember that it was slower than actual models...

Best regards

Juan Pedro

Comment

Kyle Fox - User foxkm
              Somewhat new to TV repair, but I have been replacing CAPS on PC motherboards for over a decade. I'm here because my 60 Inch LG Plasma is having issues.. Any help is always appreciated

Comment

Muy Buenas saludos a todos en este foro ya tengo algún tiempo registrado pero nunca me di el tiempo para saludarlos y darles sus respectivas gracias a uds que han sido de ayuda espero también servirles alguna vez, Soy propietario de un taller de reparación de equipo de computo y un poco de todos los aparatos electrónicos que tengan relación con un sistema o una computadora bueno tengo 15 años en el ramo pero sigo aprendiendo algo nuevo cada día espero volver a vernos bueno a escribirnos ja asta la próxima y nuevamente muchos saludos ....

Comment

Hi, my Name is Tom and I come from Austria. I am teacher in a technical College (eletrotechnical) and have found this site in Google. Thanks to let me be part of it.

ys
                  Tom

Comment

I am saying Hello in this thread as instructed so that I may post a question.

Thanks,

Traci

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

Hey, new to the forum. Hoping to fix my parent's Samsung LCD TV. Looking forward to learning some new things.

Comment

New to the forum. Hoping to fix my laptop ...

Comment

Hello,

My name is John. My baptism into electronics was in high school during the early 1970's.

Served over thirty years in the US Air Force. Now the US service manager for a world wide industrial electronics company. I found your excellent resource when my four year old Panasonic TC-P50GT30 50" plasma honored me with the 7 blinking lights of death. No one sells the SC or SD/SU boards. Can't believe that Panasonic doesn't stand by their product for a minium of 5 years.

Thanks for offering a great service to professonals and novices alike.

John

Comment

Hey Ya'll! Another Texan here, Doug out of Austin.

I am a electronics hobbyist working on everything just about, but focus on old arcades and game machines; smart phones, raspberry pi, arduino, and computers for kiosks etc.
                            Willing to learn, just striving to make time.

Comment

Hello, I'm new to the site and I hope I can get some help with electronics today and in the future!!

Comment

Hi all, I'm a computer science engineer, and I've registered to try to fix my LG L204WT monitor that it's lagging to power up. A google search brought me to this nice forum. Thanks for it.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm computer technician and I've managed to fix corupted dell bios with my first login here..thanks

Comment

Hi, Im a french guy with a Dell U2410f not working. Image is vanishing away after 2 seconds. I opened it to check the capacitirs but they are visually in good state. Hope to find some ideas from this forum.
                                    Regards
                                    JML

Comment

Hi, I'm new tp this forum and want to participate.

I've experience in Vestel branded Telefunken TVs.
                                      How to decrypt firmware and modify mboot.

Currently I'm searching for a hardware problem which is not very familar for me

Thanks

Comment

Hi, I'm new tp this forum and want to participate. Now with real email address

I've experience in Vestel branded Telefunken TVs.
                                        How to decrypt firmware and modify mboot.

Currently I'm searching for a hardware problem which is not very familar for me

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

My name is Chris and I am searching for a solution to fix my sharp LC-70LE857U. It is flashing out the 2 long 5 short code. Hopefully i will find the solution I seek. Thank you in advance for any help!

Comment

Working...
                                          X