X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Let me Introduce ... Myself...

My Name is Steve, I am from Belgium...

Well, all my devices are going down... thanks to an eeprom inside of them...

Printer, Battery Laptop...

Many other things...

This is the reason why I registered to this forum... Hoping to find some answers and enjoy for a long time again with my Devices...

And then... avoid to pay for expensive products...

Comment

Name is Bobby. Work for a company that buys used machines...sometimes junk...in order to tear them down and sell the good parts. I am head of the R&D department which also includes Repairing and Refurbishing Machines. Came here to find out about reprogramming BIOS chips but I'm sure I'll end up learning a lot more than just that here. Hope to also be able to share the small amount of knowledge and experiences that I have to help others out. Let's do this.

Comment

Hello, my name is Robert studied network technology and completed CISCO academy in college. I'm interested in learning about component level service and repair. Just found this forum today, but it has already proved to be very informative. Look forward to learning more and sharing what I know.

Comment

Just Introducing myself. I am a OLD! techie. Back to the Commodore64 and First Apples and the Sinclair was my first PC. Been building and repairing circuits for years. Remember Radio Shack when they sold cool projects. Education and Jobs all In the PC and Electronics world. The Job Front-Hard to stay in brick and mortar world, now working fully in the virtual-at home support world. Does not pay as well but OK. My Hobby is building and modifying PCs and tinkering with electronics. Well Just HI everyone.

Comment

hello people. Just to introduce myself. I´m a computer technician from Portugal . I´ve been in computer repair since ever. My first computer was a 486/100.. uhhhhh... old thing but very good for those days... I registered to help and share a little of knowledge. Yes, because this is a world of knowledge. thank you for reading

Comment

New member here. LG 55LW5600 TV just died, so I'm trying to learn something new and fix it. This seemed like a great spot to do it. Looks like I needed an intro to be able to post a thread.

Comment

hello,
                Musician, amp tech, guitar tech, weird, engineer, mechanic, + many other unpublished ninja skills

Comment

ello

Comment

I need to post in the TV repair sub-forum but I can't... :/

Comment

Hello there!
                      Found this forum to be a font of useful knowledge, and I am hoping to use that knowledge to fix a plasma that I was given.
                      Haven't got much experience with electronics yet, but I love to learn new things!

Comment

Hi. I'm jondoe66,

My favourite color Is red, and my starsign is leo 😁

Joined the forum looking for help with TV that had developed a fault.

Comment

Hi, I'm Ron and I'm a hardware and software junkie. I get my fix by repairing old hardware. Everything from old audio equipment like an RE-201 to brand new computers. My hobby is studying hardware and schematics to better understand how they work.

Most recently I discovered this CD3215/TPS65982 chip in new Mac laptops that has some interesting features that make for some complex debug work in repairing boards that won't charge. Thanks to this site I now have a basic schematic that I can go by to help do these mac repairs.

And yes, I'm fairly certain that the CD3215B is a TPS65982. Not sure if people know that or not. The CD3215C might be TPS65986, but I haven't encountered a board with the C variant yet. The only way I would be able to tell is to compare a schematic with whats on the board but it could be either TPS65982 or TPS65986.

Comment

Hi there,

Not exactly new, I opened the account a while back, but this is my second time here. Same problem, different TVs

I'm big on DIY, driven by constant disappointment when I've paid professionals to do things I ended have having to do over myself. I'm confortable disassembling things apart, replacing components and put it back together.

Comment

Привет всем. И спасибо за вашь прекрасный форум он мне очень помог и думаю поможет еще не раз.

Comment

Hi, just a quick hello as soon m a new member. I've owned my own pc repair business for the past 19 years, before that I was in the tv and video repair game. The majority of my business now comes from laptop tablet and phone repair. If I can help anyone please give me a shout by all means.
                                Happy repairing folks

Comment

Hi, my name is Michael. You could call me Cow as well. I go by both.

I have always had an interest in fixing electronics. But I have never made the jump from fixing basic hardware issues and software issues. I just finally picked up a cheap starter soldering iron kit. It probably will not work for all applications, but I think it is good enough to get started.

I also have a lot of interest in video game design and card/board game design. I have a degree in these, but I am not fully able to make use of these as I need to pay bills and I don't have enough experience to get with a decent company (plus there aren't any close to where I live).

I would like to find a good place to start working on fixing electronics. I would like to be able to buy something that is broken, look at it, test it and have a good idea of what to do to fix it. I really want to know how electronics work. Why does it work with the circuit board set up the way that it is? I am not really sure where to get started with this as there are a lot of tutorials, books, and educational kits. Being able to modify and/or repair electrical devices would be awesome to do. Maybe getting an Arduino Uno kit would be the best place for me?

Thanks for reading.

Comment

Hello,

Just trying to understand what are my best steps to fix a TV. Background in IT and micro-controllers, not so much into mains voltage.

Found the forum searching through Google about the problem I have and possible solutions.

Thank you,

Comment

Nice to meet you, greetings from Italy!

Comment

Hello all I'm here just trying to fix my plasma tv. The internet is an amazing thing, I have no idea how man survived without it . LOL

Comment

Hi,

I'm DieselManiac, and repairing and modding electronics is one of my hobbies.

I have experience with modding of car related ECU's.

Now I want to repair a plasma TV that I have, and found this a great place te gather and share information.

Regards,
                                          DieselManiac

Comment

Working...
                                          X