• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

New user joining…

Comment

Hello! I'm Scott and I'm here to learn how to troubleshoot and repair electronics.

In my day job is software developer using Angular - I specialize in front end UX and design using CSS.

Currently, I'm buying and selling fitness equipment as a way to help augment my income to pay for my daughter's $7k orthodontics bill (braces and an appliance to align the jaw, very expensive stuff not covered by insurance).

Anyway, most of the stuff I buy is good to go, but I have three machines currently that need electronics work. Both are like new in terms of condition, other than the fact that both consoles are dead. So, a very nice Nautilus treadmill and a like new NordicTrack exercise bike.

So, I'm here armed with a multimeter and a positive attitude and willing and ready to learn. Thanks in advance for welcoming me to this community!

- Scott

Comment

Here to glean some useful info for repairing simple fixes instead of tossing away as so many choose to do. Hailing from SE Texas.

Comment

Hello! My name is Noureddine and I'm from Algeria (Northern Africa). I'm here trying to learn how to troubleshoot and repair electronics.

I am a teacher, that's what I do for living. Electronics is just a hobby.

Thanks for accepting me as a member of this community.

Comment

Hello,

Great to see such a vibrant and helpful community here. I am trying to figure out how to fix a LG 50PX850 that doesn't seem to want to turn on. (one click, short flash of grey on-screen then turns back to black.)

Comment

Hi everyone,
              This is Rajat from Singapore. Have always been one to open things up, some lived while other I couldn't close. Stumbled across Badcaps while googling about a problem that I currently have on my LG TV and I must say I was mighty impressed by the group member's knowledge and willingness to pitch in!

Comment

New here,
                Adriano from Rome, i'm diy hobbyist and always trying to fix something! Hope to learn from you guys ;-)

Comment

Hello everyone i am just trying to fix stuff xD.
                  Came acros this site when looking for asus rog problems.

Comment

Hİ everybody my name İs bİlal calİskan i'm from turkey

Comment

Hello everyone. I have been working with electronics since about 8 yrs old when I litterally torched my commodore 64. Not intentionally of course. Spilled a drink, it got into keyboard, unplugged,tore it apart to clean with alcohol, and bam! Still not sure what it came in contact with to cause it.

Spent 10yrs in the U.S. Navy followed by several years working in simulations.

Still do noon mistakes, but hey at my age I deserve to.

Anyways, here to help if I can.

Comment

Hi folks, new here (sort of). I'm an old fart who works on most anything. Got my start in the '60s working on my cars (old school gearhead and drag racer), that lead to car stereo stuff in the '70s (wish I would have stuck with that and gotten rich), then a bench tech for a data comm company in the '80s (after going to DeVry tech school in Chicago). The data comm company gave me an interest free loan to buy my first PC (a CompuAdd 286/16) and being the hot rodder that I am it didn't stay the way it came once the warranty ran out. Data comm company moved and I made the transition to building and servicing PCs in the '90s until I retired in 2016 (most people quit fixing their PCs and just buy new, so not much work). Moved to Georgia (to hot here) and still hack hardware (and sometimes software) for fun and profit.

I found this site a while back (via our friend Google) while fixing a couple of LCD monitors I had acquired (bad caps on PS boards). And now I'm fooling around with some old motherboards (for fun) with bad caps.

I'm here for info to help me, but if I can help anyone with anything please ask away.

Comment

Hello, I've joined in hopes to find individuals that are knowledgeable with desktop builds and troubleshooting.

I currently have an ANTEC power supply that has died and I'll be posting in search of some help. Hoping to find someone that refurbishes or repairs power supplies.

indy_chuck

Comment

New here.

I'm an IT guy (data analytics and infrastructure) that got into the component level of things. I have fixed a couple of TVs and some ATX power supplies (bad caps all) and now I'm trying to repair a 55inch TV.

I think I missed my calling.

Comment

Hi,

I'm Julien, 46, from France.
                              I'm software (embedded, android, pc, ios) Engineer. I occasionnaly design some hardware too.

Cheers !
                              Julien

Comment

Hi all
                                My name is Paul from great Britain I an a retired electronics engineer looking to fix my lgtv so any help posting etc will be welcome

Comment

Hi, I am from the Uk , looking to learn from you all ,regards, Tim.

Comment

Hi... I'm here in an attempt to work out if my Samsung TV is worth fixing!

I live near to Swansea in Wales.

Thanks for having me on board! :-)

Comment

Hello everyone

Comment

hello - normally a lurker - now it's time to post a question and see if i can get a leg up.

Comment

Hello guys

Comment

Working...
                                          X