X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi All,

I've got a bunch of old audio equipment, some that needs recapping. I'm hoping to get some info about replacing caps and all that.

Comment

I'm new here, and I want to learn from the best.

Comment

hey

Comment

Hello from Austria!
          Thanx for your wellcome on board!

I am an electronic eng., worked at ZYTEC and ARTESYN tech. till 2002.
          Then Artesyn goes to Hungary and I become a techer in a technical school: HTBL Kapfenberg.
          I am interessted in every kind of electronics, specially old HiFi equipment etc.

Best regards
          Tandberg

Comment

I am a new member. I found your forum looking for information on an HP motherboard, DAR18DMB6D1 and found a working BIOS for it on your site. I am a computer repair tech in Florida and just wanted to say hello.

Comment

Jumping into the fray: I'm a Computer Tech from Florida. Hello Everyone! Anxious to look around here and get acquainted.
              Sparky (2CanTech)

Comment

Hello All, I am Angie. I do not have a lot of experience but I am looking for some help with my Vizio TV which I am finding that this problem comes up a lot.

Comment

Also, I am from New Berlin, Wisconsin located in the United States ����

Comment

Hello everyone!

This is Paolo from Sydney, AUS. Originally form Italy, I moved down under 5 years ago.

Mechanical engineer with a bit of passion for electronics, I have been lurking on this website for quite some time and now.. jumping on board!

Comment

Hi there. i am new to the forum. thanks. adam

Comment

Good Morning,
                        My name is Scott Almond and I live in Virginia Beach. I'm joining this forum because I'm tired of $400 TVs dying after less than 3 years of use. I know little about electronics although I'm handy with my Fluke. I switched out enough parts/boards in my 2017 Vizio 55 to fix it. Finally ended up being the cheapest part: $6 infrared sensor board the size of your thumb... ridiculous.

My age: well, my first computer was a Commodore Vic 20 with 3.5K of RAM. We had the cassette interface so we could save the programs after typing them in. The owner's manual had 3: Asteroid, Rocket Command, and a Tank game. We would also type in programs that came in the magazine "Compute's Gazette" which, if I remember, was geared towards Commodore users. Moved up to the Commodore 64 in high school with a 1541 floppy drive and then got my first PC during college; an 80286- 12 mhz, with 1 meg RAM and a 40 meg HD running DOS that I bought out of the Computer Shopper for $1700.

I've been in the HVAC/DDC industry since college.

This looks like a very informative forum... look forward to participating.
                        Scott
                        RIP - Windows 98 Second Edition, you were the best.

Comment

Hi, new member here. Interested in all things electronic and canine!

Comment

Hola a todos. Soy de Venezuela. Técnico medio en Electrónica y Técnico Superior en Informatica.

En mi carrera me he desempechado en el area de infraestructura de servidores y estaciones de trabajo, normalmente trabajo con ambiente Windows Server en sus distintas presentaciones.

Hace tres años me tuve que retirar de la empresa donde laboraba y ahora me encuentro trabajando a cuenta propia. Por lo tanto he tenido que reinventarme para llevar adelante mi emprendimiento como empresario.

Ultimamente he estado incursionando en las reparaciones de placas madres, lo cual ha sido todo un abanico de investigación, estudio, pruebas y aprendizaje en general. recientemente descubrí este foro, por lo tanto espero aprender muchas cosas más de ustedes y porque no yo pueda aportar mis conocimientos a foro.

Gracias.

Hello everyone. I am from Venezuela. Average Technician in Electronics and Superior Technician in Informatics.

In my career I have worked in the infrastructure area of servers and workstations, I usually work with Windows Server environment in its different presentations.

Three years ago I had to retire from the company where I worked and now I am working on my own. Therefore, I had to reinvent myself to carry out my entrepreneurial venture.

Lately I have been venturing into the repairs of motherboards, which has been a whole range of research, study, testing and learning in general. I recently discovered this forum, therefore I hope to learn many more things from you and because I can not contribute my knowledge to the forum.

Note: I do not speak English, but I find it easy to read. I apologize for using the google translator to translate from Spanish to English.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi everyone. I am a retired senior who has access to two recycling centers. You would not believe the working electronics people discard. As I have access to these centers I often find TV's that are 2-4 years old, 55" to 65" with non-broken screens. I have no electronics training but I'm not afraid to take something apart to see if I can fix it. I have fixed a couple with problems like a loose power cord or bad caps. I hope to use this forum to help fix more complex problems. Many that I have fixed have been given to a local women's shelter here in town.

Comment

I have a TV problem that I hope someone can help with. I have a Samsung UN60ES7500 where the HDMI connectors don't work but the component connector works. I would like to know if I can connect component cables to a switching box that has multiple HDMI connectors for DVD player, Xbox, etc. If not, can someone recommend a reasonably priced repair service to fix what I think is the main board. The repair sites I see on Ebay are $150 and up. I haven't pulled the back off to get the board number but the ones that could possibly fit are $175 and up - too much to risk on a 5-6 year old TV. Your thoughts/suggestions/comments would be appreciated!

Comment

Hello everyone, I grew up in an Apple IIe. By I eventually lost interest till late in high school. A few years out of high school and I find myself an owner of a p2-350. Overclocked for about 5 years, then moved on to building my own AMD systems for a few years. Enjoyed some more in-depth overclocking. Then got a couple great deals on Intel rigs. I'm still running a i7-920, although it is getting very long in the tooth.

I'm primarily here to learn. Trying to fix anything that breaks around the house. I get tired of being told something costs nearly as much as a new one.

Comment

Hi, I'm new here and I'm learning electronic repair as my hobby.

Comment

Electronics repair is my employer's full time business. My job is figuring out if we have a reasonable chance of success repairing items sent in and to quote a repair price. We received a Apple motherboard that I was researching and it brought me to this site. Most of the time any consumer products are not feasible for us to repair because they are too cheap. I haven't decided about this item yet but having documentation like I found here can make a world of difference.

Comment

Hiya,
                                        Like many others, I have a recycling center at my town dump and always am finding TV's, printers, desktop & laptop computers, etc.

This looks like the perfect place to get help with fixing stuff I pick up.

I have some experience in hardware & software engineering and may be able offer some help as well as ask for some.

Len

Comment

Hey everyone, 28yr old with family/self taught electronics knowledge. No expert by any means, just some basic a little beyond common sense knowledge of how things work.

Having TV troubles so I came here to try and read everything I possibly can to try and fix this damn thing. Don't want to be that one post and never seen again type of member. Hope to find what I'm looking for here and learn a thing or two.

Comment

Working...
                                          X