Pace MBT 250 Rework System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pace MBT 250 Rework System

Does anybody have one of these or similar that can advise me on a few things?
    Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
    Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Re: Pace MBT 250 Rework System

What is it that you are having problems with?

Comment

Does anyone know what the values of the C1 & C2 calibration kit resistors are?

I want to calibrate my old MBT 250, but don't really want to spend $100 for what is essentially a pair of plugs with resistors attached to them.

Comment

looking at the service manual, most of the calibration process can be carried out without the C1 & C2 kit, if you need to know the temp display accuracy I would check the tip temperature with a thermal couple temp tester, or at least that is how I check the pace and Weller kit I use.

Comment

I did think of that, but I don't have a thermal couple temp tester laying around... Do you know a good, well priced brand that I can try to source something from?

As for most of the calibration being done with out the C1 & C2 kit, maybe you just skimmed over it, but the only things you can do as far as I can tell is set the default temperature scale (c or f), set the setback/inactive power off time, and the upper and lower temperature limist, which I have already done. Knowing how accurate the temperature reading is would be a very good start

The main problem is the tj-70 i got for the mbt 250 doesn't seem to be working properly... It gets hot and the mbt 250 reads a temperature of 483c-490c when it's on max, but it wont melt anything, not even the solder on a tiny 1mm smd capacitor... Not sure if it's a problem with the heater/temp sensor or the mbt250, but the other tools I have for the mbt250 work great at 350c-400c.
          Last edited by fries; 12-01-2016, 06:33 PM.

Comment

check the cable for breaks under the insulation on that last item.

Comment

Working...
            X