My very first Rework flux by KINGBO Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My very first Rework flux by KINGBO Japan

In the world of the ones who have master the job of rework/reflow/reballing, this product is considered as good enough, or better said as acceptable for high quality soldering.

Now its time to find out even by self how it measure up against common soldering cream, so to create my very own impression about it.

IPA it does dissolve it.
    I guess that all that I need to evaluate is activation temperature and drying time.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kiriakos GR; 03-04-2014, 07:07 AM.

Re: My very first Rework flux by KINGBO Japan

All i can say is that you won't regret buying it. Yes, IPA dissolves it easily.

It's also good for cleaning nasty residue left by other fluxes, which IPA alone won't clean. Apply over nasty flux residue, heat, and then clean off with IPA.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiriakos GR View Post
      In the world of the ones who have master the job of rework/reflow/reballing, this product is considered as good enough, or better said as acceptable for high quality soldering.

Now its time to find out even by self how it measure up against common soldering cream, so to create my very own impression about it.

IPA it does dissolve it.
      I guess that all that I need to evaluate is activation temperature and drying time.
      Is not bad, but Amatech is must better.

Comment

Whats IPA?

I have recently started using "brake and carb cleaner" to clean flux. Works great, its cheap and available at any auto parts store. Downsides are sometimes it takes a while to dry and if you burn it, you get phosgene gas, whch will kill you. Woohoo.

Btw, is this suitable only for bga type work, or also good for general purpose soldering?
        Last edited by clearchris; 03-04-2014, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by clearchris View Post
          Whats IPA?
          Isopropyl alcohol

Comment

Ahh. Must be good stuff because in my limited experience, IPA dissolves no flux I have found.

Comment

Originally posted by clearchris View Post
              Btw, is this suitable only for bga type work, or also good for general purpose soldering?
              I use it for everything.

Fake Amtech is crap, and the genuine one is just too expensive for my taste. Kingbo is reasonably priced and does the job - so i'm sticking to it. Pun not intended.
              Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                so i'm sticking to it.
                Did you try to dissolve some of it with IPA so to make your own cocktail of liquid flux ?

Comment

Got mine on order today. We shall see. Id be thrilled to not have to use brake cleaner.

Comment

Any trusted seller for Europe?

Comment

My item came from eBay, one local professional friend of my ordered some quantity for him self and ordered one more just for me, and gave it to me as gift because we cooperate from time to time and we exchange favors by helping its other in a technical level.

Comment

Got mine from ebay as well, no complaints. IIRC i got it from e-best trade.

Comment

As for brake cleaner or carb cleaner, should read the labels. Some of the companies that sell their carb/brake cleaners in California, USA will reformulate to remove chlorinated organics. The ones that contain Methylene Chloride is the one to avoid as this is the chemical if burned will generate phosgene. Some of the brake/carb cleaners I bought do not contain Methylene Chloride and are safer.

Unfortunate Methylene Chloride is a great solvent and can remove a lot more crap than other organic solvents. Acetone is usually the replacement and it's nowhere as good as Methylene Chloride.

(Yeah, I buy this stuff for its intended use, I just so happen to use it for electronics just because I had it )

Comment

eBay them. I asked because eBay is full of badly copied products.
                            Thank you.

Comment

In this case I will offer two clues which possibly will help identifying authenticity.
                              a) inner plastic sealing cover
                              b) The cream color looks as to was butter.
                              Attached Files

Comment

All this "kingbo" flux is too confusing for me.
                                Who is the "original" manufacter? Why cant i find the company website?
                                Is there a product datasheet?

Also,
                                why there isn't any reliable supplier that sells it?

.... maybe the original is not so original....

Comment

Originally posted by coss View Post
                                  Who is the "original" manufacter? Why cant i find the company website?

Also,

http://www.bgamods.com/forum/viewtop...baeb7&start=20

Comment

Who is the "original" manufacter?
                                    Somesort of industry which makes large scale OEM production, for industrial soldering systems.

Why cant i find the company website?
                                    Because a company which work with large OEM customers usualy does not need fame from other sources.

No one makes public his actual chemical composition, they are not stupid.

Also,
                                    For some one accepting buying such a potentially hazardous product, which is for industrial use, you do make very lightweight questions.
                                    This product is to be used by grownups professionals which are organized to handle the risk.
                                    And if we are having this conversation today is because this product solution have been tested and it does the job.

Even car paint is dangerous when inhaled, but they are professionals out there painting all day long.

I am not teaching today loyalty to trustful suppliers, the rule of thump is that if you discover a reliable one, you stick with him for ever.

Comment

I´m not saying the product isn't good, it could be the best, i don't know, never used it.

The fact that it is oem produced doesnt explain the lack of the "brand" information.
                                      What i look in a datasheet is not the product composition, but its specifications and properties. something like this
                                      For some one accepting buying such a potentially hazardous product, which is for industrial use, you do make very lightweight questions.
                                      This product is to be used by grownups professionals which are organized to handle the risk.
                                      I would need to see a datasheet/specsheet/official website information to assume that.

Industrial or not, you don't find (very) strange there isn't a offical distribuitor for it? Not even an address or phone number in the label?

Comment

It could very well be a fake, since it constains the same typo found on all Chinese fluxes, including the very common Amtech fakes: "State of Colifornia." However, if it is a fake, it's a really good one.
                                        Last edited by Th3_uN1Qu3; 03-11-2014, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X