Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodmans LD3266D tv standby mode

Hi , i need some advice pls

I was watching this Goodmans LD3266D when it just went into standby mode , the red light was at first flashing but since unplugging the tv and trying it again the red light stays on , when i press the power button the tv comes on for like 20 seconds before going back to standby mode.

Can this be fixed ? if so what part is broken ?
    or is it not worth repairing and buying a new one

thx in advance for any advice

Re: Goodmans LD3266D tv standby mode

Vestel chassis probably - pretty rubbish. You can try checking PSU output voltages. The fault is most likely the PSU (it usually is on these older Vestel sets.)
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I think that this is a umc chassis, either eprrom or psu.
      Could you take pictures of all the boards please.
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Good point. The LD3265D is Vestel. I don't think I've had the pleasure of working on a UMC like that myself.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
          Good point. The LD3265D is Vestel. I don't think I've had the pleasure of working on a UMC like that myself.
          Its a typical cheapo umc, with megmeet psu not the worst but not the best just need pics of the boards.
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

thank you for the reply , will take off the back of the tv and get you some pictures now

Comment

here are the pictures

Attached Files

Comment

Ok well unpug the inverter and see if the tv turns on and also do you have a digital multimeter ?

Comment

I am not sure what i did if anything , i took out the psu to examine it for any signs it could be broken then put it back in , i tried the tv again and it came on and has stayed on for over an hour

Comment

Originally posted by pickster View Post
                    I am not sure what i did if anything , i took out the psu to examine it for any signs it could be broken then put it back in , i tried the tv again and it came on and has stayed on for over an hour
                    Hmm maybe loose wires, give every wire a once over if the fault shows up again unplug the inverter and see if the tv powers on with out it plugged in.

Comment

ty for all the help and advice

Comment

A fault that goes away on its own will usually come back on its own... at the worst possible moment.

Comment

Yes i am guessing as much , but until it does show a fault again i dont think i will be able to find the problem ?

i checked out the prices of a new psu and at £30 i think it will be worth replacing

Comment

Originally posted by pickster View Post
                            Yes i am guessing as much , but until it does show a fault again i dont think i will be able to find the problem ?

i checked out the prices of a new psu and at £30 i think it will be worth replacing
                            Might not be the psu, you will need to test further to start pin pointing boards.

Comment

Working...
                            X