Muskoka MH25BL-1 Electric Fireplace no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muskoka MH25BL-1 Electric Fireplace no power

I just want to document and share the repair of my Muskoka MH25BL-1 electric fireplace that has no power.

The main board model is MH36BL-MAIN. I found R1, a 3.9M ohm 1/2W 5% resistor to be open in the power-supply section. After replacement the fireplace works like new.

I hope this will help someone.

Re: Muskoka MH25BL-1 Electric Fireplace no power

Do you have any pictures to go with it?

Comment

Hi Yanleb , I am a new member that just l found your solution to "Muskoka MH25BL-1 electric fireplace no power" to be very helpful ! I just replaced that same open resistor on my board (My Fireplace is a Muskoka MHC35BL, main board is "MH36BL") and it looks like it's also working fine ! Thanks for taking the time to post this , I was about to replace the Power controller IC5 .

Comment

P.S. That resistor (R1) showed no outward signs of distress (not overheated) , Perhaps it was a bad batch of resistors.

Comment

Hi Yanleb! Thank you so much for figuring this out and posting the fix. You have saved my fireplace from going to the dump. This is how we should treat all things - take care of them, fix them, use them a long time. I'm grateful for you posting it.

In my case, the resistor was not actually open, but about 3x its stated resistance. Also no visible signs of distress, and the symptoms were that nothing happened when attempting to turn it on, just like others.

Thank you again, and all the best,
          Phil

Comment

Know this is a old thread but does anyone have a link to the resistor for r1 as cannot find one!

Comment

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/?sra=...Term=resistors

Comment

Had a look on there before I posted as cannot find the ones I need, on mine says 395 attached a photo,
                Attached Files

Comment

39 then 5 zeros ..3900000 ohms ...three point nine Megaohms

Comment

http://kiloohm.info/smd3-resistor/39...s%20resistance.

Comment

@ Darren46 : The one that was in my fireplace was 3.9 Meg Ohms , the same value as your photo shows but it was just a single axial 1/2 W component rather than your Parallel/Series combination. As an update to my post the Fireplace is still working fine after 4 months ( many days of 2 to 4hr at a time usage )

Comment

Good morning guys, I do have similar problem, fireplace was not heating for a long time, which we did not mind as we used it primarily as nightlight for our daughter. Well now the lights stopped working as well. Took fireplace apart - same MH36BL, but did not find replacement anywhere. So will try to replace R1 just for the sake of it if it is really bad batch of resistors. My question would be, since I am green in this field, is there any way how to identify this bursted OSC so I can order and replace it? Thank You very much in advance.
                        Attached Files

Comment

That is just glue, an oscillator is commonly glued down to the PCB to secure it from vibrations and chock.
                          "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Working...
                          X