Samsung LED TV Model UA46D5500RR stuck on HDMI4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LED TV Model UA46D5500RR stuck on HDMI4

Hi Guys. Just a quick question. I have this SMART TV set that when switched on comes up with the smart logo and then reverts to HDMI4 input and stays there. I cannot make any changes via the front panel keypad or the remote. Its stuck on that input. It leads me to believe that the firmware or main board is faulty.
    My question is...... Is there a procedure where you take the firmware and reload it? I cannot do anything here because no buttons work. And the USB firmware update option is menu driven. Putting the firmware into USB1 and powering up the TV does nothing but start up the TV with the Samsung Smart logo.
    I cannot go into service mode with info, menu, mute and power since it automatically starts up.
    A quick observation yielded nothing out of the ordinary on the boards, I either want to do a firmware update or replace the main board.
    Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Samsung LED TV Model UA46D5500RR stuck on HDMI4

little strange. but with several test could narrow the reason.
    1- each HDMI input socket are content signal sync pins if they are shorted at the socket the set will switch to it.
    2- you have another HDMI input socket with label "ARC" feed the set signal from ARC device and then switch on the tv.
    3- load photo on yours main boards and locate the SPI eeprom Label to know the pins out data sheet. some can be reset and other need to take out for dump then format--check blank and reprogram it with the dump again.

Comment

This model has an emmc/onenand and a Nand flash, the nand flash it is sold on ebay programmed but usually the fault with this tv is bootloop, i don't think this problem is software, switch on the tv then unplug power cord, open the tv and detach the local keyboard, switch on the tv and see what happens, if the keyboard contains the ir receiver you can' t control the tv but if the tv has antenna connected and alll hdmi disconnected and it positions on antenna source then replace keyboard..
      Last edited by Davi.p; 12-05-2020, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
        little strange. but with several test could narrow the reason.
        1- each HDMI input socket are content signal sync pins if they are shorted at the socket the set will switch to it.
        2- you have another HDMI input socket with label "ARC" feed the set signal from ARC device and then switch on the tv.
        3- load photo on yours main boards and locate the SPI eeprom Label to know the pins out data sheet. some can be reset and other need to take out for dump then format--check blank and reprogram it with the dump again.
        1- I measured those 4 pairs of tracks from the HDMI socket to the CPU and compared them to another port, they were the same. All around 4 to 2 mega ohms. There is a 24CS02 chip also there. All resistances measure the same.
        2- I have HDMI1 / DVI. I put a signal and then switched on the TV. The set went straight to HDMI4. No difference.
        3. Not sure what you want me to do here. But i will add photo of main board. on next post.
        Thank you.

Comment

Here is a picture of the main board and a close up of HDMI4. Perhaps you can explain to me about the SPI chip here.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
            This model has an emmc/onenand and a Nand flash, the nand flash it is sold on ebay programmed but usually the fault with this TV is bootloop, i don't think this problem is software, switch on the TV then unplug power cord, open the tv and detach the local keyboard, switch on the TV and see what happens, if the keyboard contains the IR receiver you can' t control the tv but if the tv has antenna connected and all HDMI disconnected and it positions on antenna source then replace keyboard..
            Ok, i unplugged tv, removed keypad which also has the remote sensor on it. I connected the coax plug. I doubt this tv is programmed to any RF channel previously so just RF noise could appear. There was no difference. TV went straight to HDMI4. All HDMI's were disconnected.

Comment

And i forgot to say that even though the source input is stuck on HDMI4 there is no image on the screen if i give it a DVD input.

Comment

i would remove 24CS02 chip of HDMI4 to terminated this input from the main cpu .. see what will happen.
                also look after samygo web.. how you can log in the set and delete profile setting files

Comment

I suspect CPU soldering problem..

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                    i would remove 24CS02 chip of HDMI4 to terminated this input from the main cpu .. see what will happen.
                    also look after samygo web.. how you can log in the set and delete profile setting files
                    But my remote does nothing, has no effect on the tv. Neither does the keypad. The red LED flashes when you press a button but nothing happens on screen.
                    So how can i delete user profiles???

Comment

Originally posted by angelos View Post
                      But my remote does nothing, has no effect on the tv. Neither does the keypad. The red LED flashes when you press a button but nothing happens on screen.
                      So how can i delete user profiles???
                      if one key at keypad defect ( always close ) will have this issue too. disassemble keypad out from the set and exam all keys.

i wrote search after samyGo to know how to access the tv FW as its Linux system.

Comment

Already suggested keypad test, This model is near impossible to access linux shell without character security filter, i already have spent nights exploring the serial Menu , also tried bruteforce technique to find secret keys, found one but at least unuseful menu. SamyGo has no solution

Comment

Already suggested keypad test, This model is near impossible to access linux shell without character security filter
                          what a rubbish, Samsung series until K / Hisense / MTK based TV can access and permit ROOT.

OP wish you luck with the professors over here.

Comment

How it is possible to avoid character filtering? SamyGo doesn't reveal..

Lets do judge by the op who are able to partecipate... please
                            Last edited by Davi.p; 12-06-2020, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X