Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 47LN5750 Magic Remote

Hi there,
    Got into the service menu, and attached are what I found. It has "Magic Search" as Null. Can I change that?

where would I find info on the bluetooth module, like mac address?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

no don't change,, as it is OK

go down to No 13 RF Remocon Test . is there bluetooth addresss firmware listed ?
      Last edited by Diah; 09-07-2016, 09:08 AM.

Comment

No, all 00000000

Comment

then the service manual correct its dongle as the link of yous MR. will be inside the MR packing. ask the owner.

Comment

Any idea what the purpose of the Bluetooth module inside the TV is? Couldn't scan for it, and I can't find any function in the TV where it allows Bluetooth connection to keyboard or anything like that.. just curious..
            Yes, the lady said nothing else was in the box. "She also claims that the magic remote worked before the technician replaced the main board under warranty"

Comment

its time now to take out the back cover and post all broads photo to trace where yours Bluetooth receiver. between the photo of your main boards label wasn't belong to yours set?

Comment

Ok, so what it is you want to see?? part numbers? just so that I open it once take photos and put it back together for "use"...
                The bluetooth module number is EBR76363001, a separate wifi module p/n 141812220005J. Wifi is bottom left (looking from front) and the Bluetooth is about 26 inches to the right from that. A cable goes from Wifi, a cable goes to bluetooth, then a common connector from both of those cable (shared connector) connect to the main board.

Comment

well , you need to see and compare yours MB and EAX of it. this one the chassis LA33B as yours but the EAX different and it had micom , remember when i asked you to check RF Remocon Test you said it was all 0000 ... do we keep believe owner or TV never opened it back cover LOL

sorry for me this my last. hope other can help you.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jason123 View Post
                    Hello TV Gurus,
                    I would appreciate your help on the following. I bought a TV from a lady who claimed the Remote is inoperable. It's LG 47LN5750
                    Sure enough, it came with a Magic Remote AN-MR400k remote and almost all buttons work except the "OK" or pushing down on the wheel to Select / Enter / OK function.
                    Pressing the "1 2 3/ Q.Menu", or "Mic" on the remote, the TV responds on the screen with a message "To use this feature, you must register your Magic Remote"

Read the manual, held the Home and Back buttons to unpair, then pointed the remote on the TV and press / held the Select (pushing down on the wheel) and no luck.. I don't get the "registration Complete" or "registration Failed".. or .. nothing!

The lady said she bought another remote and it did the same thing (didn't work)
                    Lady I bought the TV from gave me another nugget. She stated that the TV had the main board replaced by LG for early under warranty failure. I opened the TV and it has part number EAX64872106 for a Main board

Help is much appreciated! thank you
                    P.S. the TV works beautifully with a regular LG remote control (yes, an option, but I'd like to know why the Magic Remote is not pairing or working with it)
                    Thanks again
                    I know its an old thread. But I have the same problem after changing the main board of my LG OLED TV. Its a different model but has the same problem. Few keys on my original LG magic remote work but rest of them not. I have a Logitech Harmony remote and it can operate everything on the TV but I want to use my original magic remote. Did you have any luck finding the solutions. Appreciate your response.

Comment

Just read it, now I'm wondering if it needed a dongle or was it built in? LOL.

Comment

hi, I had exactly the same problem as you last year after.
                        I fixed a 55UB set, wanted a magic remote for it so bought a remote Ebay advertised as genuine LG Magic remote.
                        Got the remote and then same problems as you, did all the same testing checks as you, even tried using a LG dongle, same result remote would not register with the tv as a magic remote. Other functions on the remote worked fine ie:volume, channel up/down, power etc.
                        I then looked at the possibility I had a faulty remote even though it was new, so then ordered another magic remote but this time a used genuine LG magic remote. Got it, it registered to the tv first time and worked as it should.
                        Great now had a working magic remote,
                        Then out of curiosity opened the none working new genuine?????? magic remote and the used working remote to have a look inside them both to compare
                        The new remote obviously to me then was it's a fake LG remote, it had nothing on the board except one chip, the genuine remote had a board full of chips.
                        There is a difference in weight between the two remotes, but it may be your problem as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jason123 View Post
                          Any idea what the purpose of the Bluetooth module inside the TV is? Couldn't scan for it, and I can't find any function in the TV where it allows Bluetooth connection to keyboard or anything like that.. just curious..
                          The magic remote control uses Infrared IR as well as Bluetooth (for the motion sensing accelerometer inside the remote).

Most regular button presses still use the simple IR interface, but motion sensing uses accelerometer and complex information is relayed to the tv via Bluetooth protocol.

Both IR and Bluetooth are required to fully use magic remote (hence requirement for pairing).

I once converted a 50" LG non-smart TV (good panel) to a smart TV by swapping mainboards (from cracked screen LG smart tv) but I couldn't get the magic remote to work properly... It drove me crazy until I realized I had overlooked moving the Bluetooth module with the mainboard...

The IR wire harness plugged into both boards, but the smart TV had extra wires populated in the connector for Bluetooth module.

Long story short, you could be missing Bluetooth module, or mainboard needs correct firmware for your TV model, or you could have a fake magic remote branded as an official LG.

Comment

I would carefully take it apart and see if it is a fake, would be nice if you could test it on another tv thats compatible.
                            Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-29-2019, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                              I would carefully take it apart and see if it is a fake, would be nice if you could test it on another tv thats compatible.
                              I still have the original remote that came with the TV although I had to by another one after my kids broke the battery cover of that one. I have opened both of the remotes and they are exactly same from inside. I don't think it can be fake. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Comment

Originally posted by Unspun01 View Post
                                The magic remote control uses Infrared IR as well as Bluetooth (for the motion sensing accelerometer inside the remote).

Most regular button presses still use the simple IR interface, but motion sensing uses accelerometer and complex information is relayed to the tv via Bluetooth protocol.

Both IR and Bluetooth are required to fully use magic remote (hence requirement for pairing).

I once converted a 50" LG non-smart TV (good panel) to a smart TV by swapping mainboards (from cracked screen LG smart tv) but I couldn't get the magic remote to work properly... It drove me crazy until I realized I had overlooked moving the Bluetooth module with the mainboard...

The IR wire harness plugged into both boards, but the smart TV had extra wires populated in the connector for Bluetooth module.

Long story short, you could be missing Bluetooth module, or mainboard needs correct firmware for your TV model, or you could have a fake magic remote branded as an official LG.
                                I agree with you on IR and Bluetooth part. I believe IR is working but Bluetooth is not since I can operate everything with the Logitech Harmony remote. I could even get into Service Menu using the Harmony remote.
                                I am going to upload what I noticed in the service menu regarding the RF module.
                                I reopened the set again just to check the RF module and its there plugged in properly. Checked for the voltage also as mentioned in the service manual. Everything looks fine. The board I bought has the same markings and version number as the board I replaced it with. Tested with the original remote that came with the TV and no luck.

Comment

I just fixed 50LN5750.
                                  Original magic remote works straight with TV, no dongle required.
                                  But I couldn't figure out how to pair another remote from 47LN5750.

Comment

I had the same problem once. Whats the EBT # on the main board? EAX refers to blank board part#.

Comment

I just fixed my jvc em32t tv that the remote control stopped to work , I thought my remote was bad, but by doing the camera test found out remote was not the issue then i decided to replace the ir sensor on the board on the tv with a sensor that i had in another board in my scrap and now remote control works on the tv.

Comment

Working...
                                      X