Weird smeary failure mode with Westinghouse LCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weird smeary failure mode with Westinghouse LCD

Here is a screenshot of the video. The vertical lines change with menu selections, but they are very slow to respond.

Try the Video link by the original OP in post #1 - I had previewed the copied link that i posted and it worked, but now doesn't seem to??
    Attached Files

Comment

I need the entire screen. Is it a led screen or CCFL?
      Last edited by Davi.p; 12-05-2020, 05:27 AM.

Comment

"I need the entire screen. Is it a led screen or CCFL?"

"Try the Video link by the original OP in post #1 - I had previewed the copied link that i posted and it worked, but now doesn't seem to??"

It's a 4K TV Model No.WE55UDT108, did you try the video as I suggested in post 1?

Here is a pic of power on and then after pressing the menu button 3X – note the change in video takes several seconds to occur.

It also has the oddity just like the OP that if you remove one of the panel ribbon cables the entire panel goes a soft white, not the normal where you are expecting half the panel to be bright. That is why I was asking about the Flash Memory located on the panel buffer board.

Also some more pics of boards and back of TV
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RDC55 View Post
          So no guesses on what these components are - DK1, DK2, and DK3 in attached pic?
          https://www.digikey.com/en/products/...AIDBVR/4341454
          Last edited by diif; 12-05-2020, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Hi, no i can't watch the video in post 1 at least until monday when i go back to home. As i can see the defect moves so i guess there can be a liquid like soap inside the screen where there are panel boards (band pcb).

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but I don't see that in a 6 pin version - data sheet attached.
              Attached Files

Comment

Them are diodes not comoarators..

Comment

I haven't given up on this one yet and currently I am trying to determine why all of the LVDS signals appear dead when looking at them with a scope.

But, another learning question if someone knows. The attached pics have two parts circled that are located at the bottom of the chassis near the speakers. They each have one black wire connecting them to the Main board U1, and both check shorted to chassis. Removing the wires and it is the Main board U1 that is applying the ground to the wires - any idea what these are?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by RDC55; 12-07-2020, 05:27 PM. Reason: Upload pictures

Comment

I'm finally home by hospital, i have seen post 1 video but i see static bars on screen (video could be made better with view of entire screen) not moving like it seems to be on last posts images.. watch this new interesting video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vlOO5ekhgk&t=21s
                    in this video i see that there is a broken trace from tcon main chip and the part before COF and he connected a wire, it is a clock signal, if i understand CKV-something
                    any idea what these are?
                    leave them alone, the problem is within panel, so return to troubleshoot there..
                    Last edited by Davi.p; 12-07-2020, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Those are wifi antennae.

Comment

Re: Westinghouse WD55UB4560 4K TV

I bought this Westinghouse WD55UB4560 4K TV from an individual who don't wanted it fix the original problem it had was no video I check some voltages on the FRC board it wasn't sending voltage to the T-CON board so I replaced the FRC board that's giving this results split video. Any help to resolve will be greatly appreciated.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by NasTech; 04-26-2021, 04:51 PM.

Comment

don't hijack other one's thread.. thanks..

Comment

Working...
                          X