My Andonstar ADSM201 Microscope Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Andonstar ADSM201 Microscope Review

Hi everyone. i'v started learning electronics before the corona hit so that's not very long time ago. but anyways i started with only a multi-meter then i started getting into micro-soldering and soldering in general, got myself hot air station a bench Power-supply and last but not least a microscope.
    About the microscope at first i just wanted to get those 15 usd USB digital microscopes to try but some people talked me outta of it and i decided to go for something better but not professional as i'm just starting out.
    So i had a choice between a binocular & camera , i wanted to get my hands on a binocular one but i couldn't cause shipping from china is more expensive than the product itself so i wanted something cheap & good. i looked around and i ended up buying this HDMI digital microscope with free shipping and fast delivery time. and that's what i'm gonna talk about now. my Experience........

Product description :

Euipped with the exclusive lens and HD sensor, Andonstar ADSM201 HDMI Digital Microscope brings users clear and high-resolution images with deep depth of field, less delay and reflection, Not only it can reduce much mistake and oversight, but also it brings a great visual experience. It has three output and high focus distance which permits users to do repairing or soldering on the table. Besides, it has a 3 inches display which can be inclined at an angle of 45°. This adjustable design can reduce the pressure on the cervical spine caused by sitting. Moreover,the microscope can be used without PC or HDMI display. With two built-in lights, Andonstar ADSM201 can reduce reflection and shadow, reduce image error and improve user experience. Users can use the microscope individually, set the microscope wherever they want, make it able to be used in different application scenes.

Product features :
    • Ample working distance: 4cm - 15cm
    • Reasonable depth of field: no matter how complicated the structure of object is, our microscope just makes it clear
    • Exclusive lens: reduce veiling glare and prevent from harm of smudging which produced in the process of soldering
    • Real time imagery, no smear
    • 300 times magnification, 1920*1080P, 30fps and high quality non-interpolate Large CMOS sensor
    • 4xDigital zoom
    • Adjustable metal stand, sturdy and durable
    • Bring dual lights own, reduce inverted image

Specifications:

• Image sensor: 3 Mega Pixels
    • Video output: 1080p Full HD
    • Video format: MOV
    • Photo format: JPEG
    • Focus Range: Manual focus from 10mm to 500mm
    • Frame Rate: Max 30f/s under 600 Lus Brightness
    • Magnification Ratio: 10x to 300*
    • Video-output Interface: HDMI, to any monitor with HDMI-In
    • Storage: MicroSD card, up to 32G
    • Power source: 5V DC
    • Certification: CE/FCC/ROHS

What came with the package :
    • Digital microscope camera
    • Metal stand
    • Hdmi cable
    • Usb cable and by mistake two chargers instead of one . +1

Where did it buy it from?

I bought off their official website , it was cheaper than aliexpress and it was sent via fedex so super fast shipping times so that's definitely a +1
    www.andonstarmicroscope.com/ I paid 140$ in total

My thoughts & comments :

What i liked

1- Cheap like really i haven't found something so reliable and cheap at the same time so +1
    2- Super sharp pictures via External monitor
    3- easy & fast setup. just plug the cable and you are good to go
    4- Very powerful White LED's that i sometimes use as a lamp for other stuff
    5- Focus is excellent , very precise
    6- Overall build looks strong and not cheap
    7- Colors are very natrual on both pictures & videos. ( external monitor)
    8- the 15 cm range is enough for using tweezers or your hot air station.

That's just the main points that i liked so much , there are other little details but i'm gonna have to pass on them otherwise this gonna be really long. now unto the what i hated

What i hated

1- Display is very small and colors aren't that natural compared to what i get in the monitor (' maybe some settings are be tinkered with)
    2- Metal stand is honestly not helpful at all so in short its bad. Definitely use a DIY stand like some people did
    3- If you need to magnify something , you'll lose space between pcb & camera so you cannot use hot air or tweezers easily
    4- Video can be on either camera or screen not both.
    5- Hdmi cable that came with it is meh so get another one.
    6- 30 fps seemed slow to me

Verdict

I'm a want to be professional repair technician so i do tablet & laptops repairs mostly and a microscope is a necessary tool for me , after having this digital microscope for couples of weeks i must say i'm very amazed by the picture quality , honestly its stunning.
    That aside if are a starter and want something cheap and reliable go for adsm201 but please change the metal stand .and if you are not a starter and wants something professional this is not for you. probably a trinocular that costs 600$ would be a better choice.
    If you are not into soldering and want this for inspecting , you should definitely grab one.
    As for me i honestly love it and atm i'm making a DIY stand for it using tv wall mount. i'll post pictures when i get it done.

With this i think i'm said enough , if you guys have any questions feel free.
    Last edited by chegueva; 08-14-2020, 11:09 AM.

Re: My Andonstar ADSM201 Microscope Review

Please post your setup when you are finished hook it up
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Also post the screen shots of the objects, I.E. PCB, that you look at with the microscope at max and min magnification, thanks.
      Never stop learning
      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
        Please post your setup when you are finished hook it up
        Originally posted by budm View Post
        Also post the screen shots of the objects, I.E. PCB, that you look at with the microscope at max and min magnification, thanks.

Here are some pictures i took
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm still working on a DIY solution to replace the metal stand cause its not helpful at all.
          Last edited by chegueva; 08-15-2020, 07:26 AM.

Comment

is it heavy?
            because if it's not then maybe you could use one of those old "angle-poise" type lamps as a stand

Comment

Mine will end these last days like that.
              It helps but not very practical, compared to a microscope.

I now use it to broadcast and video back to pc

he survives the transplant now
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                is it heavy?
                because if it's not then maybe you could use one of those old "angle-poise" type lamps as a stand
                Around 200 gm maybe. should be ye but i can't get a hold of those , a tv mall mount is easy. also i wanna put some extra stuff like maybe some strong LED's , so i need that extra sturdiness.

Originally posted by Maxpower3 View Post
                Mine will end these last days like that.
                It helps but not very practical, compared to a microscope.

I now use it to broadcast and video back to pc

he survives the transplant now
                I do laptops & some tablet repairs only so even with magnifying glass i should be able to do most of the jobs so this is more than enough for me.

Comment

I've got the Andonstar ADSM302 for 2 years now. I have to say too, I am impressed with it. Not that I use it daily, but some things have gotten so small, I can't see em no more with the naked eye. Got the ADSM302 hooked to my 40" TV, I can make a SMD 605 cap / resistor bigger than my hand.
                  Look at my Deltran thread, first pic.
                  You can see my actual unit here: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...5&d=1538311898

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                    I've got the Andonstar ADSM302 for 2 years now. I have to say too, I am impressed with it. Not that I use it daily, but some things have gotten so small, I can't see em no more with the naked eye. Got the ADSM302 hooked to my 40" TV, I can make a SMD 605 cap / resistor bigger than my hand.
                    Look at my Deltran thread, first pic.
                    You can see my actual unit here: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...5&d=1538311898
                    Looks awesome
                    Adsm302 has a bigger screen & 60 fps is definitely a big plus. i might grab one just cause of those two things.

Comment

I actually hardly use the screen. Mostly I have it hooked up to a 40" 4k TV.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                        I actually hardly use the screen. Mostly I have it hooked up to a 40" 4k TV.
                        Really 40” TV wow and 4K even more impressive

and thought I might try this try this with my camera scope
                        but I thought this was nonsense with that big of a screen but the thought did cross my mind

The one I have has very clear picture but the height is very limited this why I did not put mine on a bigger screen than what it has

The only time I use mine is when I can not read the part numbers on a device it comes in very handy but I probably need use it to look at soldering joints as well but I have to setup my work bench a little different to do this and get a bigger table for it the one it has sucks if had a find a bigger table I would probably use it a more for this is probably the reason I do not use it more than I do

Then I probably would need a little bit bigger screen
                        Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 08-16-2020, 07:52 PM.
                        9 PC LCD Monitor
                        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                        30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                        10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                        6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                        1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                        25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                        6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                        1 Dell Mother Board
                        15 Computer Power Supply
                        1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                        2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                        All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
                          Really 40” TV wow and 4K even more impressive

and thought I might try this try this with my camera scope
                          but I thought this was nonsense with that big of a screen but the thought did cross my mind
                          Bare in mind ADSM302 max. video output resolution is 1080P Full HD (via HDMI), or 720P (via PC), @30fps max. Therefore you won't take any advantage hooking it up to a 4K TV set.

But nowadays 40" or wider TV sets are pretty much all 4K resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by megaraider View Post
                            Bare in mind ADSM302 max. video output resolution is 1080P Full HD (via HDMI), or 720P (via PC), @30fps max. Therefore you won't take any advantage hooking it up to a 4K TV set.

But nowadays 40" or wider TV sets are pretty much all 4K resolution.
                            Still better than a small screen. the bigger the better as long as you don't lose too much sharpness.

Comment

Working...
                            X