Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hisense H58AE6100UK - discolouration and slow load on right side of display

Hello.
    I have a Hisense 58" 4K television which has a strange issue whereby the right half of the screen takes slightly longer to load an image than the left. It also has discolouration and horizontal blocks. I've attached images of the colour problem and blocking but do not know how to attach a video of the lagging. Can anyone please advise me how to upload a video? Many thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Hisense H58AE6100UK - discolouration and slow load on right side of display

Could this be a faulty TCON? Or could it be a faulty ribbon cable going to the panel?

Comment

Ribbons don't just go faulty. Possibly the tcon or a component on one of the driver boards.
      You need to take the back off for testing/checking.

Comment

Thanks diif. Are you able to tell me what to check on the driver board and how to do it, please?

Comment

One other thing - the ribbons have an arrow on one end. Should it point up or down? Do they have a right and wrong way?

Comment

Post decent photos, an arrow would suggest a direction.
            It's hard to tell what the problem is with the poor source photos.

Comment

Hope these images better show the problems I'm having.
              Attached Files

Comment

firmware...

Comment

Would firmware affect only one side of a TCon?

Comment

any Issue at MFC driver section lead the screen refresh / discharge fault.

Comment

So do you suggest buying a replacement TCON?

Comment

start with log in service menu clear chip (hard reset ) if didn't help try downgrade firmware.. or search hisense france if they have issued this fault with flashing only mfc.bin driver

Comment

Thanks Diah. Would you know how I can get into the Service Menu by any chance? I guess there's some magic key sequence on the remote control that I need to press.

Comment

open the normal Menu and go to Sound ---- Advanced Audio Settings .. Scroll down and highlight the Balance slider, make sure it is on 0 -- Enter 1969 on your remote -- green "M" will appear at the top left.. hit menu to open service menu.

Comment

Thank you. I managed to access the Service menu but could not find the “Clean chip” option. I have attached a picture of the menu. Please advise. Thanks.
                              Attached Files

Comment

djmka unfortunately you are wasting time with these procedures , the fault is clearly the panel, exactly the gate drivers (side cofs), there is a very huge duscussion with me and another user called Ancient1, started last december, i don't think you have to annoy yourself with all the reading, i tell you it ended removing the side cofs of one side , so the first step to do is to disconnect one ribbon tcon>panel at a time and see which side is the worst visualizing..
                                Last edited by Davi.p; 09-08-2022, 06:29 AM.

Comment

thread link davi.p recomeneds reading
                                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...light=Ancient1

Comment

Originally posted by djmka View Post
                                    Thank you. I managed to access the Service menu but could not find the “Clean chip” option. I have attached a picture of the menu. Please advise. Thanks.
                                    look under all you will find clear chip start with option.
                                    and who want to be clever here.... don't advice on time ...to waste... this issue i have it on hisense and here the threat.

Comment

Update -
                                      I have removed the bezel to expose the 6 side cofs. At least two of them looks to be damaged (probably happened whist removing the bezel a month or so ago to fit new backlights).
                                      If I move the first one the colours go back to normal. The same happens when I move the other, more damaged one.
                                      Are you (Davi.p) saying that removing the damaged cofs will (may) fix the issue? If so, do I cut them as close to the panel as possible or should I leave a certain amount?
                                      Attached Files

Comment

yes those are toast, remove all on THAT SIDE ONLY, slowly peel it away from the glass, if you go slowly it should all come off pretty easily, bound to be some videos on youtube that you can check if you like.

Comment

Working...
                                        X