HP Dv7 da0lx8mb6d1 rev:D No display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Dv7 da0lx8mb6d1 rev:D No display

When I turn on this laptop Fans spinning normally and I see caps lock blinking.

Powe supply reading are like below,

standby stage——> 0.01A
    Power on stage———> 1.2A

Cleaned memory modules but failed. Used another memory module which surely work. but still nothing.

Flashed bios bin also. Nothing changed. Im out of ideas. where to start this??

Re: HP Dv7 da0lx8mb6d1 rev No display

Dead RS880M as always.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
      Dead RS880M as always.
      Oh then I guess I can try to do UMA conversion right?

Comment

Originally posted by harshana View Post
        Oh then I guess I can try to do UMA conversion right?
        Errr. My mistake. I thought Its about Graphic card. just checked the diagram and compare the board. Its north bridge right. Isn't there any way to fix this?? sometimes laptop turns on

Comment

Finally I was able to fix this issue by heating North bridge chip. Lets see how long will it work. anyway thank you so much piernov. You are great

Comment

They always resurrect for a short while after heating to 200°C for a minute and a half. It'll fail again, usually in less than a few months, sometimes it lasts only a few reboots.
            Need to replace it, however there is no reliable source to buy these anymore, and it's not really worth it.
            OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
              They always resurrect for a short while after heating to 200°C for a minute and a half. It'll fail again, usually in less than a few months, sometimes it lasts only a few reboots.
              Need to replace it, however there is no reliable source to buy these anymore, and it's not really worth it.
              Yeah. as Its very old laptop worthless to waste time. just worked on this for fun and to learn. lets see.

Comment

Working...
              X