Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 65UJ6200 4K Smart TV Backlight Issue

Hi all,
    I have this lg 65 Inch TV with intermittent backlight failure. If it works for 1-3 hours without any issues a power on-off will trigger the issue. There is images I am attaching showing the voltage reading I got when everything works. I found a reset button on the main board that resolves the issues by pressing it. So I drilled a hole on the back to put a pencil through it to activate the switch. Checked the backlight strips and it all shows exact same voltages. Any inputs? Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: LG 65UJ6200 4K Smart TV Backlight Issue

Backlight issues are 99% the backlights themselves. LGs have shutdown protection if the sensed voltage is out of range. You can lower the backlight level for now to see if it stays on longer but proper repair is to replace all the strips with new.

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
      Backlight issues are 99% the backlights themselves. LGs have shutdown protection if the sensed voltage is out of range. You can lower the backlight level for now to see if it stays on longer but proper repair is to replace all the strips with new.
      Okay, I have reduced the backlight to 60% and its working fine now.
      Thanks

Comment

Keep us posted on this. I had a Samsung “J” series that did something very similar. Turned out to be bad soldering connections on the power boards transformer.

Comment

Working...
        X