Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power on and off problems in a laptop ASUS UX330UA

Hello.
    I have an ASUS Zenbook UX330UA laptop for 5 years.
    For a few weeks it has started to turn off by itself, and then turns on without further ado. It takes longer and longer to turn on again and most of the time it turns off before reaching the Asus logo.
    However, sometimes it manages to start Windows 10 and keep it running for a few hours, even a whole day.
    This has allowed me to make backups, update the BIOS, check the RAM, install a version of Linux live, change settings and see the errors collected in the event viewer (critical error 41 Kernel Power, among others), all without problems.
    I have checked the hardware (AC adapter, battery, fan, RAM memory, SSD, LED's, I have changed the thermal paste of the processor, I have checked the continuity of the coils, the welding of the motherboard....) without finding anything wrong.
    I do not know what else to do.
    It seems that the problem may be with the power on and off settings, sleep and hibernate modes, lid functions, or fast startup, which do not work well.
    What could be the problem? Can anybody help me.

I apologize for my English, which is not very good.
    Thanks.
    Henry.

Re: Power on and off problems in a laptop ASUS UX330UA

Hi. What is the version of the logic board that is inside this box ?

Is it version 2.0 or 2.1 ? Have access to the boardview files only for this model.

If you run from the battery only, is the unit stable ? (no power adapter is connected)

Comment

Re: Power on and off problems in a laptop ASUS UX330UA

Hi i think you have a dirty me regiin of your bios. Try to clean it and see how it goes. Is it intel processor.

Comment

Working...
      X