Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIOS request for Acer Aspire 4830t

Hi All,
    I am troubleshooting a laptop booting issue. The motherboard in question is Aspire 4830T-2313G32Mnbb. When I press the power button, two blue LEDs light up and the fan spins for a few seconds. There is no beep or backlight seen. I can see that the BIOS is accessed. I tried with different RAM slots and different modules but no change. The board does not have a graphics chip or VRAM populated so it should be using the integrated graphics (Intel i3). Also, I have tried plugging in an external monitor and nothing is on the screen.

I have tried flashing another bios from the internet (ACER Indonesia) but does not seem to work. There are 2 ROMs one for the application processor and the other for Super I/O. I have tried only the Application processor one.

Can somebody provide me with a BIOS please? I am attaching the original BIOS that I have backup up. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: BIOS request for Acer Aspire 4830t

Originally posted by Yousuf View Post
    Hi All,
    I am troubleshooting a laptop booting issue. The motherboard in question is Aspire 4830T-2313G32Mnbb. When I press the power button, two blue LEDs light up and the fan spins for a few seconds. There is no beep or backlight seen. I can see that the BIOS is accessed. I tried with different RAM slots and different modules but no change. The board does not have a graphics chip or VRAM populated so it should be using the integrated graphics (Intel i3). Also, I have tried plugging in an external monitor and nothing is on the screen.

I have tried flashing another bios from the internet (ACER Indonesia) but does not seem to work. There are 2 ROMs one for the application processor and the other for Super I/O. I have tried only the Application processor one.

Can somebody provide me with a BIOS please? I am attaching the original BIOS that I have backup up. Thanks in advance.
    bios extracted from the Acer website update..
    DMI 181000 - 182FFF
    Attached Files
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Thanks, I will try with the attached BIOS. Regarding the DMI, do you reckon I should replace the contents of this bios (starting at 0x18_1000, size 8K) with the original BIOS ?

Comment

Yes, that is exactly your DMI region. Look at it using UEFItool in your original backup
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks @Mazorca. That makes sense.

@Peste. Thanks for the BIOS. Unfortunately, I have tried this flash ROM and it is the same as the one I have downloaded from the Acer website (the latest BIOS from this list https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/conten...roduct/3635;-;). With this BIOS flashed, I can see only the power LED coming on and the boot does not seem to progress as far as the original BIOS.

Thinking about the next steps:
          Maybe I should choose the oldest BIOS from that list and give it a try.
          Or is that I have to update the Super I/O ROM as well?

What do you all think ?

With the original processor ROM I can see the BIOS fetch and listening in the transactions I can see the read of Flash descriptor returning the correct magic and more reads follow. This should rule out PCH and CPU problems hopefully. But I cannot figure out how far the boot gets. For example, I don't see the DRAM SPD being read or any beeps.

All voltage rails seem to be up except for the graphics which I believe is done by software/cpu on demand.

Any other ideas that I can check ? Thanks for reading.

Comment

Working...
          X