Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Elite x2 1012 G2 fix BIOS password

Originally posted by B0SSRiC3 View Post
    Could you please help me with the flash process.
    I have exactly the same device wit an W25Q128JVPQ Chip.
    I can read, erase, blank check but not write successfuly.
    I am using the Ch341A Programmer with the Chip disoldered from mainboard and connected to the programmer with jumper wires.
    I've teste NeoProgrammer aswell. when i auto programm the chip, the process errors immediately. When i write only it finishes but the verifying is faulty.

Thank you so much for your help
    try this..

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...6&postcount=10
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Thank you peste,

the flashing process works but the verifying shows different values.
      Does it really work with an standard CH341A Programmer or do i need a better one, like the TL866II?

Comment

Originally posted by B0SSRiC3 View Post
        Thank you peste,

the flashing process works but the verifying shows different values.
        Does it really work with an standard CH341A Programmer or do i need a better one, like the TL866II?
        Try shortening the jumper wires as much as possible. Have you modified the programmer to run spi at 3.3V , search on google for "ch341a 3.3v mod" theres lots of guides and youtube videos, it will make it more stable.

Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-12-2021, 10:33 AM.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
          Try shortening the jumper wires as much as possible
          Thank you,

i`m trying it rn. Hope that my dumps are good.
          I've read that i need a better programmer for the W25Q128JVPQ.

Comment

I don't know if it was the shortening of the jumper wires or the 3.3V Mod of the Programmer. I did both and the Tablet is working again.
            Thank you both very much.

Comment

HP Elite X2 1012 G2 BIOS PW removal

Hello,

Can someone kindly remove the password from the attached BIOS bin please?

Thank you in advance!
              Attached Files

Comment

Re: HP Elite X2 1012 G2 BIOS PW removal

Originally posted by JPToadstool View Post
                Hello,

Can someone kindly remove the password from the attached BIOS bin please?

Thank you in advance!
                Hello you could just use RCUnlocker it's easy
                but here you go, after entering BIOS go to security tab and reset security to default settings
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ymifdal View Post
                  Hello you could just use RCUnlocker it's easy
                  but here you go, after entering BIOS go to security tab and reset security to default settings
                  Thanks, re-soldered the BIOS chip but it is currently flashing yellow and white alternating. Any idea what's causing this?

Comment

Originally posted by JPToadstool View Post
                    Thanks, re-soldered the BIOS chip but it is currently flashing yellow and white alternating. Any idea what's causing this?
                    write back the original bios and see if it starts again..
                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                      write back the original bios and see if it starts again..
                      i faced a same issue, after flash the bios gen by RCUnlocker, the tablet not longer boot on.

write back the original bios, the problem persists.

seem like i dump a fail bios, any ways to reverse the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by gimikgo View Post
                        i faced a same issue, after flash the bios gen by RCUnlocker, the tablet not longer boot on.

write back the original bios, the problem persists.

seem like i dump a fail bios, any ways to reverse the problem.
                        attached the bin, if anyhing can be done.
                        Attached Files

Comment

attached the bin, if anyhing can be done.
                          be careful when writing and reading..remove the bios chip from the motherboard before reading or writing...do not use the clip, it gives errors if the contact is not firm....which programmer do you use??

Comment

be careful when writing and reading..remove the bios chip from the motherboard before reading or writing...do not use the clip, it gives errors if the contact is not firm....which programmer do you use??
                            i desoldered from motherboard and use adaptor to read the ic and use the programmer software to verify and not error prompt. The programmer used is ezp 2019.

Comment

i desoldered from motherboard and use adaptor to read the ic and use the programmer software to verify and not error prompt. The programmer used is ezp 2019.
                              did you solder the chip to the board well?? maybe you damaged the chip when soldering.. if you used the blower maybe some resistance around the chip jumped.. do you have voltage on the chip?? check the wiring around the chip..

Comment

did you solder the chip to the board well?? maybe you damaged the chip when soldering.. if you used the blower maybe some resistance around the chip jumped.. do you have voltage on the chip?? check the wiring around the chip..
                                The ic connection is checked with nearby pad, solder condition should be ok. I double checked the photo capture before reworked, no chips is blow off. The supply to ic 3.3v is able to measure. Planned next week end to confirm the ic still workable or not by connected by to the programmer. If have things that I missed, please let me know. Thanks.

Comment

Re: HP Elite X2 1012 G2 bios password

Originally posted by marcin02152 View Post
                                  try
                                  hi can you help me please need to remove password bios for hp elite x2 1012 G2

Comment

after reconnected to the programmer, the IC is still readable, is alive.
                                    I tried one of bin file in this forum, able to bring the device bootable,
                                    but it prompted security device problem.
                                    Which I believe this is the sign my dump file is corrupted.

Now i planned to tried to clean the ME region for my bin file. hopefully, is the me region corrupted cause this issue.

If my step is not right, please let me know. thanks.

Comment

after reconnected to the programmer, the IC is still readable, is alive.
                                      I tried one of bin file in this forum, able to bring the device bootable,
                                      but it prompted security device problem.
                                      Which I believe this is the sign my dump file is corrupted.

Now i planned to tried to clean the ME region for my bin file. hopefully, is the me region corrupted cause this issue.

If my step is not right, please let me know. thanks.
                                      After clean me region and dmi editing, the security device problem massege still shown, in the moment, seem like no usage issue, in the moment cannot think other solution to try.

Comment

After clean me region and dmi editing, the security device problem massege still shown, in the moment, seem like no usage issue, in the moment cannot think other solution to try.
                                        try this....go into bios and restore security settings to defaults and restart laptop

Comment

try this....go into bios and restore security settings to defaults and restart laptop
                                          this steps was performed, but the message don't disappear.

Comment

Working...
                                          X