Grundig 49 VLE 420 BN - no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grundig 49 VLE 420 BN - no picture

It could be a mainboard issue, they can be very complicated to troubleshoot.

Comment

Voltages on the panel at control points:

VON = VGH = VGON = VDDG = 20 to 30 V
      VON - positive supply voltage for high voltage driver outputs CKV_, CKVB_ and STVP.
      This voltage VGH (VGate High) was created by DC and AC circuits. Their voltage is about 20~30V, but it will depend on the design of the T-con board. The function of the VGH voltage is to supply the gate driver board as a "turn on" function.

VOFF = VGL = VGOFF = VEEG = -5V to -9V
      VOFF - negative supply voltage for high voltage driver outputs CKV_, CKVB_ and STVP.
      The VGL voltage (VGateLow) was also generated by the DC-DC section. Some T-con boards will use a higher voltage like -15V or a lower voltage like -1V. So it will depend on the design of the T-con and there aren't many on the market. Typically -5V~-7V. This negative voltage is applied to the gate driver board. The VGL voltage is listed as a "Off" function. When applying a negative voltage VGL.

VDD=Vlogic=Vddd=Dvdd=3.3V
      VDD is the logical power input for the scan driver. This VDD voltage is output from DC-DC IC or by external voltage regulator IC to generate. It is 3.3V and other voltages such as 2.5V (VDD25) and 1.8V (VDD18) used 3.3V VDD voltage to convert. After generating the VDD voltage, it is supplied to the timing control section, driver board source and gate driver board.

VDA = Avdd = Vdda = Vsource = 13 to 20 V
      VDA is about 14V~20V and it will depend on the design of the T-con board. The VDA voltage is generated by the DC/DC converter circuits. It is used to power the GAMMA circuits and reach the source driver board.

VCOM = 5.5 to 8.5V
      Half of the AVDD power is used to control pixel brightness

STV = 92.72 kHz square wave signal
      V-sync input. The rising edge of STV starts a data frame. The STV input is used to generate a high voltage at the STVP output.

STVP
      Scan drive high voltage output. STVP connects to VOFF when STV is low and connects to VON when STV is high and CPV1 is low. When both STV and CPV1 are high, STVP has a high impedance.

CPV1
      CPV (vertical clock pulse) - vertical clock input. CPV1 controls the timing of outputs CKV1 and CKVB1, which change state (by first charge sharing) on their falling edge.

CKV1
      CKV (Clock Signal) - high voltage output of the scanning drive. When enabled, CKV1 toggles between its high state (connected to VON) and its low state (connected to VOFF) on each falling edge of the CPV1 input. Also, CKV1 has high impedance when CPV1 and STV are both low.

CKV2
      Scan drive high voltage output. When enabled, CKV2 toggles between its high state (connected to VON) and its low state (connected to VOFF) on each falling edge of the CPV2 input. Also, CKV2 has high impedance when CPV2 and STV are both low.

Comment

Service Manual and List G5 only Germany.

Greetings Thomas
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by thommyX View Post
          Service Manual and List G5 only Germany.

Greetings Thomas
          Thanks for this manual.
          Do you know is the motherboard ZG7190R-2 from tv 49 VLE 5620 BN
          and ZG7190R-9 from tv 49 VLE 420 BN compatible?

Comment

Yes.

PTE 49VLE420BN has four different panels.

052D49LG7 - LC490DUY-SHA1 - Main Y2X110 or Y2Z110
            052D49SS1 - LSC490HN02-H02 - Main Y2T110 or Y4J110
            052D49LG3P - LC490DUY-SHA1 - Main Y2S110
            052D49SS5 - LSC490HN02-S02 or 052D49SS9 - LSC490HN02-U02 - Main Y3C110
            Arcelic-Beko Files

056D49A29P - 057D49A43P - Main T27110 or PSQ110 or T28110
            056D49-B20 - 057D49-B54 - Main T2Q110
            056D49-A95 - 057D49-B62 - Main T28110
            Grundig Files

PSQ 49VLE5620BN exactly the same data.

So you have to see what is on the sticker on the CI shaft and which panel at the back of the device.

Thomas
            Last edited by thommyX; 07-19-2022, 03:42 PM.

Comment

I disassembled tv today, remove both plates and the tin cover to get to the t-con.
              Two capacitors, marked 220, have resistance 1ohm or less so they are now suspected as bad.
              It is strange to me that both are bad because it looks like they are not in paralel, but I don`t have scheme for it.

Any idea?
              Attached Files

Comment

remove one and check it out of circuit, might only be one bad, you can recheck the other in circuit to see if it still checks bad, can check the pads it came off of also to see if still reads bad.
                Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-20-2022, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
                  I disassembled tv today, remove both plates and the tin cover to get to the t-con.
                  Two capacitors, marked 220, have resistance 1ohm or less so they are now suspected as bad.
                  It is strange to me that both are bad because it looks like they are not in paralel, but I don`t have scheme for it.

Any idea?
                  With the marking "220" this is your choke (inductor) and they should be short.

Comment

ok, wasn't paying attention, thought he was on caps.

Comment

Those are coils.
                      https://www.facebook.com/14308771238...8361865449841/
                      https://datasheet4u.com/datasheet-pd...php?id=1007686

Thomas

Comment

Ok,
                        then I am back on motherboard, I can`t find another one for now.

Comment

I measured voltages on the panel board, there are different voltages, from 0 to 12 V.
                          On the chip RT6936 there are 11,8V, 3,11V but no 8,2V on the top, but on those pins I don`t see any connections to any elements on the board.
                          When tv is turned on backlight turn on with no picture on the screen, but tv turn off for about 5 minutes, I suppose because there are no program on tv.
                          That mean that motherboard or part of it is working.
                          I will try to get used motherboard but I don't have it for now

Comment

Google at ZG7190R LSC490HN02-H02 and you will find PS9FZZ. That should work for you.
                            Greetings Thomas

Comment

Sticker on CI slot on my motherboard have mark T28FZZ.
                              I would like to find in localy.
                              I tried to google it but no result.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Look here.

Thomas
                                Attached Files

Comment

Is it possible to install any motherboard ZG7190R-9 and then install software for G5 chassis, regardeles of marking on CI slot sticker?

Comment

G5 and G7 have the same software, the same power supply and the same mainboard. Both devices are actually the same. Only the panel is important, that should be identical. I also have the individual panel data that can be used in the software. But I haven't done that myself yet. So if you can buy a cheap mainboard, I can send you all the data and you have to try it out.

Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by thommyX View Post
                                      G5 and G7 have the same software, the same power supply and the same mainboard. Both devices are actually the same. Only the panel is important, that should be identical. I also have the individual panel data that can be used in the software. But I haven't done that myself yet. So if you can buy a cheap mainboard, I can send you all the data and you have to try it out.

Thomas
                                      I will contact you when and if I get a mainboard.

Comment

Does the mainbord have to be from 49" tv or it can be from 43" (or other) tv, but with the same mark ZG7190R-9?
                                        Can the right panel file for 49" tv be install in mainboard with other panel size?

Comment

Today I installed new motherboard with same label like my, ZG7190R-9, but from smaller tv screen (my is 49" new is 43" and my chassis is G5 and this is from G7).
                                          The small sticker on the cCI slot has a different label.
                                          When I connect all and turn it on nothing hapened, same like before.
                                          When the TV turned on, I noticed a gray line of approx. 5-6 mm at the bottom of the screen, which I don't think was there before.
                                          That gray line disappears completely from left to right after approx. 10-15 seconds.
                                          Is it necessary to insert the panel file into the new motherboard and what is the procedure if necessary?
                                          My panel is LSC490HN02-H02.
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by betmen; 08-12-2022, 01:03 PM. Reason: supplement

Comment

Working...
                                          X