Hisense 58R6009 T-Con board shorted chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hisense 58R6009 T-Con board shorted chip

Hi, I'm working on a Hisense 58R6009 with a bad T-Con board. InnoLux T-Con board model MACDJ4050 (BVLC0A6AH394104PB00001). The LCD screen was displaying only washed out vertical lines.

The main chip, an INX IN8208A EN2, was heating a lot. The only replacement I found is an IN8208A N2.

After replacement the chip doesn't heat as before, but now I'm stuck with a completely black screen.

My question is: Is the IN8208A N2 compatible with the IN8208A EN2?

Thanks.

Re: Hisense 58R6009 T-Con board shorted chip

Those T-con chips typically have custom programming. So if numbers are different, no guarantee of compatibility.
    Better find replacement T-con, make sure part number is identical.

Comment

I would double check for shorted pins and unsoldered pins.
      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Soldering of the chip has been done under a microscope. I already checked for shorts and loose pins.

When double checking the test points I can see a missing 3.3 volt. I'll address that.

Comment

Not good the troubleshooting of the board for me, first power supply circuits must be checked.. a faulty mosfet on the converter for the main chip vcore can provide 12v instead of 1-3v to it..

Comment

Of course all the power circuitry has been checked.

But I've been able to find a used T-Con board for 9$. The seller had two. Since the shipping was 30$ which is high compared to what he was asking for the board, I bought the two.

Same problem with the 3 boards. Screen only displays washed out vertical lines. All the voltages on the two screen bottom boards have been checked.

I've seen a few videos on youtube showing people masking some traces on the ribbon connector between the T-Con board and the screen, and it solves the problem in their case. Since the videos are in foreign languages, I cannot understand the fix or which traces are masked. Do you have an idea?

Comment

There's no way to open a thread for a video defect without making some picture of the screen.. my opinion..

Comment

Yeah you are right. Don't forget that my initial question was about compatibility of the two chips. Here is a picture of my problem.

And what about my question? Do you know why cutting lines between the T-Con board and the LCD panel makes them work again?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Yanleb; 08-16-2022, 06:37 PM.

Comment

already seen this behaviour, seems to me is the main processor, but to be sure try to press main processor and see if lines go away, there is something also on YouTube. I don't think chips are compatible. And on repl. tcon the main chip is still heating too much? Does it prevents to keep a finger on it?
                  Last edited by Davi.p; 08-16-2022, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Hi all. I returned working on this TV set after leaving it on the side for 5 weeks. When I powered it ON I saw smoke coming from one of the COF. And yeah, short on the 1.8 volt line. The panel is now trash.

I've ripped off the flex cable from its board to remove the short and it restored the 1.8 volt line. Still no picture. Using a 200MHz scope I see no activity at all going to the LVDS cable. I tried with the T-Con board disconnected from the panel, and with the T-Con board disconnected from the main board. Still no signal on the LVDS cable.

I've tried to find the datasheet for the LCD panel. It is a V580DJ4-Q01 Rev. C4 by Innolux. One website has the datasheets:
                    https://www.panelook.com/V580DJ4-Q01...ter_35850.html

But you have to be member to download it. Guys, where are you finding that kind of information? I'm most interested to know if there's any kind of feedback or error report from the T-Con board to the main board. I suspect that the main processor doesn't even try to send a signal.

I properly reballed the processor. Actually, a reball, not a reflow. Still the same problem. Even if the LCD panel is trash I want to actually make sure that the main board is good before reselling it.

Thanks in advance for your help.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Yanleb; 09-23-2022, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Short of the panel, the only way I know to test it would be mainboard tester.
                      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

tabs on the faulty side must be removed all

Comment

A Main Board Tester. This is an interesting device. I didn't know it exists.

I've already disconnected the flat cable going from the T-Con board to the shorted side of the panel. Still no picture.

As I said, the main board doesn't send a signal to the T-Con Board through the LVDS cable. Even with the LVDS cable disconnected between the main board and the T-Con board I don't see any kind of signal using my 200MHz oscilloscope.

I wanted to know if there's any kind of error reporting or feedback from the T-Con board to the main board. This would explain why the main board doesn't output any signal if it is seeing an error coming from the T-Con board.

I do have sound, but no picture at all. No LVDS signal.

There's a few (not many) Innolux documents. Here is one. It is not the right one for my LCD panel (as I said, I found the right one but I need an account to download). Do you see any any pin carrying a signal FROM the T-Con board TO the main board?
                          Attached Files

Comment

There is always an i2c serial communication, if panel have problems, tcon stops power supplying and video signal, probably a fault signal comes back to mb

Comment

From the spec sheet I linked can you lead me to that i2c communication? I've looked without success.

Comment

This datasheet is very strange, there are pinouts only for internal panel connections not that from main board to tcon.

Comment

Working...
                                X