Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, do you know what is this component pls of Nikon D800 camera shutter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, do you know what is this component pls of Nikon D800 camera shutter?

It is on « board » of Nikon D800 camera shutter, probably for command electro magnet (the green stuff). The chip is marking G11 and have a polarity mark, so maybe dual diode ?
    The chip is good, the goal is I can deduce the value of the capacitor missing above.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-28-2022, 09:38 AM.

Re: Hello, do you know what is this component pls of Nikon D800 camera shutter?

Chip can be FMG11A Dual N transistors
    if so, capacitor may be 0.1uf - 1uf

Comment

Update : I tested with 10uF cap (not found closest value in my stock) and the shutter works. The first curtain moved (before nothing was appening).
      But the first curtain stayed stuck, so I was doubt on mechanical issue.
      I have another D800 with shutter working fine (but another issue), I disassembled and checked, and found a difference of behaviour. I found a little metal part with no spring reaction (on all curtain's positions) compared with the good shutter (it has permanent spring reaction). So shutter need to be replaced.
      I tryed to measure the capacitor onboard and found no value, probably out of range of my cheap meter.
      If the shutter hadn't had a mechanical problem, I would have replaced it with a 1uF capacitor.
      Thanks for help.

Comment

I would replace the capacitor anyway and see if the motor runs just for the fun of but that is just me
        9 PC LCD Monitor
        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
        30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
        10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
        6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
        1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
        25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
        6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
        1 Dell Mother Board
        15 Computer Power Supply
        1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
        2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
        All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

I did it, But the motor is not on the shutter. It turn. The little electronic seems control two electro magnet (green stuff) for stopers.
          At the first test, I said ; "nothing happen" but in fact the motor turned but curtain did not move. It was stucked.

Comment

Working...
          X