X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oled cof tab bond Q&A

I have a 65b9 that is showing symptoms of a failed cof tab or
    bad bond.

It flickers a double image on one side with horzontal black lines across.

I'm trying to find someone that has a garbage panel with extreme burnin .

i will need you to attempt to remove one side of cof tabs.

This will require heating the panel and separating the screen like a cell phone or cutting the back open .

I need to see if the oled functions like a lcd and will continue to work without causing a panel fault ect .

I might be able to tape the tcon connection .

It might be a bad memory chip on tcon or dirty connections.
    I read the tcon is married, even when they replace the panel it comes with the tcon, id rather remove the cof tabs.

The black lines remind me of when i removed cof improperly and it left lines across the screen

If this is the case we can get alot of these oled working again then possibly get new cofs installed.

If you have a 65 b9, pm me !
    Last edited by bman4; 09-14-2022, 08:30 PM.

Re: Oled cof tab bond Q&A

You think correctly about the COFs, but opening an OLED panel is very difficult and the chance of success is very small. The panel is glued all around. The chance that the panel will tear is very high, I succeeded with 1 model because there was a plastic edge around the panel that I could remove, if that edge is not there then you can forget it because the panel is so thin that it is almost immediately tears. You can forget to replace the COF, but you can remove a side COF.
    The pictures show how I got the panel opened a little, just enough to get the side COF's out on one side.
    The last picture shows how a Oled panel looks when the complete rear is removed, this panel was beyond repair and was cracked.
    Attached Files

Comment

I see those also have the test points that people solder to, don't think that will fix my issue.

Its all metal solid frame a couple mm thick , id have to practice trying to remove the glue on another .

I feel like i can get a nail between the frame and the back seam .

the glue might be solid non removable and the only chance might be to cut the back.

After studying some videos on bad cof tabs they doo indeed produce a double image pulling down to the bottom like mine.

Thank you,
      bman4
      Last edited by bman4; 09-15-2022, 08:38 AM.

Comment

i would like to know which OLED Model William talking about? first generation or the one Samsung try to do it before..
        i scarped 4 OLED from LG different model there are no any side COF, the panel where OLED cells mounted on it covered from downside with reflection sheet. followed with Aluminum sheet to reduce Temperature and transfer it to metal base where the whole panel glued with it by double side type as 5-6 line depend on the size.
        so theory if you sink the whole panel in 98% alcohol ( not the edge down COF plate ) you can easy to operate the panel from the metal base.

Comment

I'm trying to acquire a lead on a similar looking model with the thin q style that has a cracked screen to study.

Ive soaked my phone lcd with rubbing alcohol and it discoloured the screen.

Seems to be heat on the side with the issue and cold on the opposite.

I hope there is cof drivers.
          Last edited by bman4; 09-15-2022, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
            i would like to know which OLED Model William talking about? first generation or the one Samsung try to do it before..
            i scarped 4 OLED from LG different model there are no any side COF, the panel where OLED cells mounted on it covered from downside with reflection sheet. followed with Aluminum sheet to reduce Temperature and transfer it to metal base where the whole panel glued with it by double side type as 5-6 line depend on the size.
            so theory if you sink the whole panel in 98% alcohol ( not the edge down COF plate ) you can easy to operate the panel from the metal base.
            It was a 55EC930V silver colored plastic edge. There is a good chance that newer models do not have side COF's, you do not always see them with newer regular TVs.

Comment

I tried opening the panel (55ec930v) long time ago and i was very careful but then panel cracked. I got also some images that I can post tomorrow. I would say it is almost impossible to open panel.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X