Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to build this little device please for my campervan security

Hi,

You will probably find this funny, and it is, but it's also a project I'd like to take seriously.
    I have a campervan and I'd like to avoid thieves to break in it when I am inside it or not.
    For this purpose I imagined a simple device that can play a sound based on a vibration detection (in case of intrusion attempt) or by pushing a button manually.

The sound wil be a growling dog, which will deter any thief, thinking there is a big dog inside the van
    This sound can be manually triggered by me if I'm inside the van, or played automatically if the device detects a vibration.

Could you please help me build such a device?

Or at least if the part with the vibration detection is too complicated, help me just build the manual part : I just need a button, a speaker, and something to saveand play the soundtrack, like an mp3 player. But how to build everything together so the sound plays when I push the button?

Thank you much in advance for your help and sorry for my english.

Re: How to build this little device please for my campervan security

a vibration sensor is easy, take a floppy spring and put a stiff wire through it so if it moves it touches.
    or just buy one similar.

china sells tiny modules with an sd-card that play sound samples,
    you just need an amplifier and a big speaker - big enough that your "dog" dousnt sound like it's on the radio.

as for the button - get a sword and pick it up - better than a button, the thief wont be fleeing to italy or england afterwards!

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      a vibration sensor is easy, take a floppy spring and put a stiff wire through it so if it moves it touches.
      or just buy one similar.

china sells tiny modules with an sd-card that play sound samples,
      you just need an amplifier and a big speaker - big enough that your "dog" dousnt sound like it's on the radio.

as for the button - get a sword and pick it up - better than a button, the thief wont be fleeing to italy or england afterwards!

Thank you very much, these are foods for thought for me.

I can't find a sound player module, is this one fine :
      https: //aliexpress.com/item/32760347716.html

Vibration sensor :
      https: //aliexpress.com/item/32819758372.html

Speaker 500w:
      https: //aliexpress.com/item/1005003428863683.html

Amplifier :
      https: //aliexpress.com/item/1005003100996665.html

Comment

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000394488862.html
        Attached Files

Comment

Put a German shepherd inside the camper and you’ll have no one breaking in. On a second thought, maybe breaking in yes, but not coming back out.

Comment

500W PMPO? Weren't we done witih this? It'll maybe faithfully sound like a chihuahua!

Comment

thanks, I won't be able to use this unfortunately, don't have the knowledge to integrate it in an electronic circuit.

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
              Put a German shepherd inside the camper and you'll have no one breaking in. On a second thought, maybe breaking in yes, but not coming back out.
              haha, nice idea but I can't take a dog with me, not enough space plus too much hassle to take care of on the road

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
              500W PMPO? Weren't we done witih this? It'll maybe faithfully sound like a chihuahua!
              500W chineese amplifier equals to a 0.5-1w real one

Ok guys it seems to be complicated for me to find a device that plays a sound after a vibration detection, but I found a device that partially fits my needs, it's a door ring that plays an mp3 of your choice when a visitor push the ring button. That's perfect for me I'll keep it in the van and just push the button if needed.
              https://aliexpress.com/item/1005001645488880.html

Comment

I just found this stuff, very cheap, it plays a saved mp3 when you push the button. Perfecto
                Could you please tell me if I can remove the built-in speaker (in case the sound is not very good quality) and replace it by another one, for example a car speaker? don't know if the voltage/current will be enough, maybe another speaker that needs less energy ?
                Thanks
                https://aliexpress.com/item/1005004716500048.html

Comment

your best option is parking up in a nice area with nice people . its worked for me for the last 30 years i have lived in the same converted bus

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                    your best option is parking up in a nice area with nice people . its worked for me for the last 30 years i have lived in the same converted bus
                    Mate there are no more "nice areas with nice people", that's something from the past.

Comment

ok I found the ultimate product, if it can help someone too here it is
                      https://aliexpress.com/item/33008330537.html

Comment

interesting, it looks like it may support 10 buttons!!

Comment

it says 4 buttons but you can surely add more cables to handle more buttons. But for my use it's more than enough

Comment

Sorry to snub your idea a bit with a barking dog sound alarm. My ears ring all day, but I can hear the difference between a real dog barking and something that just play a barking dog sound. If the sound always comes from the same spot, not good. Big dog sound and yet it doesn’t look like a dog lives there, not good of a plan either. I think your better off to put a Ring door bell and some internet to the camper.

For example, if someone gets near my door, my GSD lets you certainly know he Heard- and saw you. You get close to the door and my GSD is scratching at the door greeting with his teeth, unless I am home. So a played dog bark, would leave anyone that has even a little experience with dogs, totally cold.

Look at the bright side… a camper has a limited space to defend and usually a confined, narrow hallway. Boy, would I have fun with that poor soul in my camper. Deterrence is good, but a good defence is better.
                            Last edited by CapLeaker; 09-21-2022, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iotaa View Post
                              Mate there are no more "nice areas with nice people", that's something from the past.
                              Well, not exactly. There are still places in and outside of europe where there aren't (that m)any "doctors and engineers" or other african/gipsy fauna.
                              And not to be total off topic, here is an idea, which a friend and I did on his truck - button activated firecrackers installed under the cab. We did this after they gassed him on a truck parking in.... France, and of course gas alarm and additional door locks which can be operated only from inside.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                                Sorry to snub your idea a bit with a barking dog sound alarm. My ears ring all day, but I can hear the difference between a real dog barking and something that just play a barking dog sound. If the sound always comes from the same spot, not good. Big dog sound and yet it doesn't look like a dog lives there, not good of a plan either. I think your better off to put a Ring door bell and some internet to the camper.

For example, if someone gets near my door, my GSD lets you certainly know he Heard- and saw you. You get close to the door and my GSD is scratching at the door greeting with his teeth, unless I am home. So a played dog bark, would leave anyone that has even a little experience with dogs, totally cold.

Look at the bright side… a camper has a limited space to defend and usually a confined, narrow hallway. Boy, would I have fun with that poor soul in my camper. Deterrence is good, but a good defence is better.
                                That was my concern at first, that's why I prefer to play a growling sound instead of barking. Growling won't sound too obvious it's fake if it comes from only one place, because a dog growling generally doesnt move. Whereas it's not the case with a barking dog.
                                Anyway it's not really a problem since in a van sounds resonate so we won't really know where the sound comes from.
                                Plus thieves will get afraid I think and will go away without trying to analyse everything.
                                Btw I also found this device which plays a sound when it detects a vibration, these chineese people have invented everything
                                https://aliexpress.com/item/1005003787417960.html

Originally posted by madan1 View Post
                                Well, not exactly. There are still places in and outside of europe where there aren't (that m)any "doctors and engineers" or other african/gipsy fauna.
                                And not to be total off topic, here is an idea, which a friend and I did on his truck - button activated firecrackers installed under the cab. We did this after they gassed him on a truck parking in.... France, and of course gas alarm and additional door locks which can be operated only from inside.
                                Not in France unfortunately, it became a shity place without security at all. Have you ever been to Paris? it's not safe at all. Ask the asian, who used to come in France regularly for holidays, if they still like France.
                                Thanks for your idea, you know, here if you hurt a thief even if he tried to steal something from you or tried to kill you, if you hurt him you are the one who will go to jail... It's not like in the US where you can put the guy on a barbecue and heat is a$$.
                                So better use a safe deterrent.

Comment

Originally posted by iotaa View Post
                                  Not in France unfortunately, it became a shity place without security at all. Have you ever been to Paris? it's not safe at all. Ask the asian, who used to come in France regularly for holidays, if they still like France.
                                  Thanks for your idea, you know, here if you hurt a thief even if he tried to steal something from you or tried to kill you, if you hurt him you are the one who will go to jail... It's not like in the US where you can put the guy on a barbecue and heat is a$$.
                                  So better use a safe deterrent.
                                  Yeah, heard about Paris. Once I wanted to visit it, then watched too many videos from there and decided it is not worth it any more.

I''m not speaking about pipe bombs here, but the legal stuff. Back then, we made metal boxes without one side, so they can direct the shockwave and the debris away from the truck and towards the "target". Mounted the boxes on the cab steps, hotglued firecrackers inside and weatherproofed them with duct tape. As far as I know, he never had to use them and after time the truck was scrapped with them still installed.
                                  In theory, a legal firecracker can hurt someone if it explodes right next to the face (eyes, ears), skin or if it is held in a hand. 20cm distance are usually enough for the explosion not to leave any permanent damage.
                                  Later I've been thinking about version with CS gas cartridges instead or in combination with the firecrackers, but never got the time, motivation and the need to make it. Also the pyromaniac in me kinda disappeared . Another positive side is that, this also works with animals, useful especially if you camp in rural areas.

Comment

so whats the "hunting" situation in france?
                                    how much bullshit do you need to go through to buy a shotgun?
                                    not that you would use it, but with the license/permit comes the availability of the cartridges and the powder!

Comment

Originally posted by madan1 View Post
                                      Yeah, heard about Paris. Once I wanted to visit it, then watched too many videos from there and decided it is not worth it any more.

I''m not speaking about pipe bombs here, but the legal stuff. Back then, we made metal boxes without one side, so they can direct the shockwave and the debris away from the truck and towards the "target". Mounted the boxes on the cab steps, hotglued firecrackers inside and weatherproofed them with duct tape. As far as I know, he never had to use them and after time the truck was scrapped with them still installed.
                                      In theory, a legal firecracker can hurt someone if it explodes right next to the face (eyes, ears), skin or if it is held in a hand. 20cm distance are usually enough for the explosion not to leave any permanent damage.
                                      Later I've been thinking about version with CS gas cartridges instead or in combination with the firecrackers, but never got the time, motivation and the need to make it. Also the pyromaniac in me kinda disappeared . Another positive side is that, this also works with animals, useful especially if you camp in rural areas.
                                      Are you Mc Gyver?
                                      Your device sounds nice. I have a CS spray in case of things turn bad, but it's not a perfect solution, it takes time to start burning, and it could burn yourself too. But it's better than nothing

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                      so whats the "hunting" situation in france?
                                      how much bullshit do you need to go through to buy a shotgun?
                                      not that you would use it, but with the license/permit comes the availability of the cartridges and the powder!
                                      Yeah a gun would be the solution, but even if you get one legally (through a shooting sports club) it is forbiddent to carry it outside. And of course it is also forbiddent to use it at home whatever the situation. You only have the right to take it to the club to shoot aper targets.

Comment

yes, but i was thinking of using the cartridge/powder to make a flash-bomb or a small electrically fired mortar full of plastic beads or chilli powder etc.

Comment

Working...
                                        X