Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio P659-G1 Screen Removal / Backlight Replacement

Hi All,
    Has anyone had the experience of replacing backights on the “P” series Vizio tv?
    Model number P659-G1
    This type tv has a very small bezel holding the screen in and I’m not sure how the bezel/screen is assembled. ( I’m hoping the screen is not epoxied to the frame)
    Before I attempt this I thought maybe someone on this forum has performed this backlight replacement procedure.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bstewara; 09-26-2022, 10:47 AM. Reason: Title

Re: Vizio P659-G1 Screen Removal / Backlight Replacement

Any Luck.?? I've got the same tv. Trying to replace backlights.

Comment

Re: Vizio P659-G1 Screen Removal / Backlight Replacement

Hi,
      I was able to remove the screen pretty easily. ( I used a very thin piece of plastic material to slide around the outer perimeter of the LED panel)
      This allowed me to release the sealant which holds the screen to the mini bezel.

Unfortunately getting that mini bezel removed from the tv frame is another thing.
      There are numerous metal directional one way fasteners that are attached to that bezel.
      From my point of view I see no way of releasing these fasteners. I tried prying up but, had no luck in getting them to release. (Nearly impossible to even see them)

This tv is really annoying to be built without a way to repair something as simply and inexpensive as backlights.

So I'm at the point of just scrapping it and salvaging the parts from it.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
      X