Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus VG248QE won't power on / purple light

Hello,

I have an Asus VG248QE that all suddenly stopped working. Everything was fine, I had my PC connected to the HDMI port and never had any issues. Then I decided to plug a laptop in the DisplayPort (USB-C to DP cable). It worked fine for a few hours, I left, at some point the monitor went to sleep mode and when I came back and moved the mouse monitor didn't wake up. The power button lights up in blue when the signal is good and amber when in sleep mode / no signal turned purple (first time I saw that). Did some research but couldn't find a way to bring my monitor back to life. So far, I tried some basic steps:

Replaced power cord, replaced DisplayPort cable, tried to connect a couple more PCs / laptops to different ports in the monitor using different cables, kept all cables and power cord unplugged for a couple of days but no luck. Before this issue, every time I plugged in the power cord the screen would show the ASUS logo, this isn't happening. Also, none of the buttons do anything (like I can't bring up the monitor menu as instance)

Now, there's something interesting. If I unplug all cables but keep the power cord plugged in, the power light doesn't turn on. If I REMOVE the power cord and plug in DisplayPort cable, the power button lights up purple, even though power cord is unplugged.

I read that a purple light could indicate some "safe mode / locked state" in the VG248 series but not sure if that's the case. I contacted Asus and they told me to send the monitor in so they can take a look.

Anyway, I decided to open the monitor and look inside. I'm not a pro but I do have some (very) basic electronic / soldering skills, just enough to see if there's a broken solder or a "fat" capacitor, burned circuit, etc.

I don't see any capacitor that's evidently bad, but I see some white dried out leakage maybe or some white powder, I'm not sure exactly what that is but I was hoping maybe someone could help me try to point what could be the issue.

I'm attaching front and bottom picture of the monitor's mainboard.

Thank you all in advance!
    Attached Files

Re: Asus VG248QE won't power on / purple light

Any news? Same issue

Comment

Working...
    X