• Show
Clear All

Re: Dell Latitude 7400 Bios Password 8FC8 Suffix

Originally posted by Bilal sheikh View Post
    1st downgrade your bios version and then unlock it
    Im gonna try that also

Comment

you have unlocked nothing at all, you only have chats! the laptop for which you tried is still locked
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-02-2023, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Nobody has a generator for this?

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
          Your tag :3Y0P332
          Password:957074F9
          Hi, can you please help me with 8FC8 locked bios?

Comment

Until will appear generator for this suffix, 8FC8 working with BIOS patch for now.
            Joe's KMX1 Pro S, RevelprogIS, TL866II, CH341A, Vertyanov JIG 3.1, Eakins Microscope, Gordak 952, 30V/5Ah PSU, 890C+, T2L Thermal Camera, SVOD 3, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Karol View Post
              Until will appear generator for this suffix, 8FC8 working with BIOS patch for now.
              I am willing to modify a BIOS to unlock it. Who's lucky?
              Joe's KMX1 Pro S, RevelprogIS, TL866II, CH341A, Vertyanov JIG 3.1, Eakins Microscope, Gordak 952, 30V/5Ah PSU, 890C+, T2L Thermal Camera, SVOD 3, etc.

Comment

They are generators for all previous tags but not for this :/
                Best shot is to downgrade it and then use generator on old prefix / tag
                Of course if booting is possible not everything locked !!!
                Good luck

Comment

@Gobbla
                  As far as I've read, 8FC8 suffix is totally new and not an upgrade like 6FF1 (upgraded from 1D3B or 1F66), or BF97 suffix upgraded from 6FF1, so downgrading the bios will not do any good in my opinion, at least not for 8FC8.

@Karol
                  Probably your best bet is to register computer at Dell while still under warranty, then contact them in a few days to ask for the master password.

Comment

Hello
                    i will post the bios for Dell Latitude 7400 Soon wait and see
                    (i think that i have it in my collection )

Comment

#bnfdk13-8fc8

Comment

A couple of questions...

First, how would one go about figuring out a password for the bios if it is generated from a combination of the prefix and the suffix? I have the source code for the password generator that works for the older bios suffixes and I have looked at the code but I don't really understand everything that is going on there. I compiled the code and ran the app, of course it didn't work for the 8fc8 suffix so I have been checking back on this thread regularly. I have been a programmer of sorts for quite a while, but I'm only just now learning C, something I should have done many years ago but didn't. The question is however, what do you have to have and what do you have to do once you have the required pieces in order to figure out how to generate the password?

Second, to reprogram an EEPROM or similar chip, do you have to de-solder the chip from the motherboard and then place it into an external programming device, or can it be flashed somehow while it is still soldered on the motherboard?

I'm just trying to learn some of these things, at the same time I need to be able to access bios on this PC I picked up at an auction and currently I cannot. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
                        A wise man once said that an error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it. I subscribe to that philosophy.

Comment

helm me, unlock bios dell 7400

Comment

Originally posted by karol View Post
                            i am willing to modify a bios to unlock it. Who's lucky?
                            Originally posted by dimkka View Post
                            helm me, unlock bios dell 7400

mod edit: Do not links to paid services.

If you ask for any money here you will be banned

Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-29-2020, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Upload your original BIOS file here
                              bios lock

Comment

Originally posted by dimkka View Post
                                bios lock
                                As I said in previous deleted post, here on badcaps forum, all I do is for free.
                                @dimkka you have the file in private. Please confirm here if you succeed to unlock your Dell.
                                And please tell if I asked for money.
                                Cheers!

Comment

As I said in previous deleted post, here on badcaps forum, all I do is for free.
                                  @dimkka you have the file in private. Please confirm here if you succeed to unlock your Dell.
                                  And please tell if I asked for money.
                                  Cheers!
                                  thanks a lot, dell unlocked, @Karol helped for free

Comment

@Karol please help me with this one and thank you

Comment

Originally posted by electronica View Post
                                      @Karol please help me with this one and thank you
                                      Check file, sent it in private. Reply the results.
                                      Last edited by Karol; 08-17-2020, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Check file, sent it in private. Reply the results.
                                        :
                                        i confirm you unlocked my bin file thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by electronica View Post
                                          :
                                          i confirm you unlocked my bin file thank you very much
                                          kindly send it to me , Plz

Comment

Working...
                                          X