Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 15.6 [BIOS password / BIOS dump]

Originally posted by random187 View Post
    it seems to work with this method, but i have an ñ before aU and i´m not able to input this character with the us keyboard

so i´m still locked out. any ideas how to fix this or flash a bios version with the password removed?
    Post a picture of the screen with the S.y.s.t.e.m.S.u.p.e.r.v.i.s.o.r.P.w code
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

i just fixed it with a downgrade to the XMAKB5R0P0906 version where u can edit the platform.ini file and force a password reset by setting some flags

Comment

Originally posted by random187 View Post
        i just fixed it with a downgrade to the XMAKB5R0P0906 version where u can edit the platform.ini file and force a password reset by setting some flags
        Nice.Can you post the XMAKB5R0P0906 in a zip or rar and the platform.ini as a text file,it might help someone else.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
          Nice.Can you post the XMAKB5R0P0906 in a zip or rar and the platform.ini as a text file,it might help someone else.
          more info can be found in this github repo: https://github.com/Cr0wTom/Mi-Notebook-Pro-Mods

this is the with an modified platform.ini which downgrades/sidegrades/upgrades to XMAKB5R0P0906 and resets the password on flash to 1234
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by okokokokokok94 View Post
            I bought a 2nd Hand Xiaomi Notebook Pro laptop but the first owner used a password in the Bios and I cant contact the first owner because I bought the laptop from a local supplier which buys it outside the country.
            After searching the web with no clear answer or tutorial. I want to share how I did it.

1st Step. Download Intel FPTW64 FPTW64 files I used from here and place all the files in your :\C folder. You will make a backup of your BIOS. To do this. Open CMD as Administrator then type cd C:\ then press Enter, then after that type

.\fptw64.exe -bios -d bios_backup.bin . This will create a bios_backup.bin file which contains your bios password.

2nd Step. To decode the BIOS .bin file. You need HxD hex editor. Open your .bin file on the HxD program . This will show text you cannot undestand but you only need to use ctrl+f to find this specific location on the texts Use CTRL+F then go to the Hex-values tab and type this 00 65 00 72 00 76 00 69 00 73 00 6F 00 72 00 50. After that you will see on the left side under Decoded Text there is something like {S.y.s.t.e.m.S.u.p.e.r.v.i.s.o.r.P.w.....(this area will contain your password)aU?..........

Take a photo of that so you can type it when you log in to your BIOS .
            Hello. I tried this method and managed to dump bios into bin file but while inside hex editor I cannot find the value where the password should be (it says (value cannot be found). I am attaching the bios.bin file for the reference.

Comment

packed with zip
              Attached Files

Comment

gave up and managed to shorten the pins on the eeprom chip on the motherboard which reset the password so problem solved.

Comment

Guys, could you please help me with decoding BIOS password?
                  I've created dump with FTWP64 but can't decode the password

I have no idea about correct symbols, hope you can help
                  HEX Code: D2 76 FB 56 FA BD 95 45 5C 71 93 65 43 80 15 60 4E FC E0 51 0E 12 25 B2 75 B3 5C E6 5E 83
                  "Decoded" text: ТvыVъЅ•E\q“eCЂ`NьаQ%Іuі\ж^ѓ

BIOS backup attached

Thanks in advance
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I disabled BIOS "SECURE BOOT" required by Ventoy to install OS, then I just F10 exit BIOS. I dID NOT enable any BIOS password nor tamper other settings, just straight exit BIOS. Now the BIOS ask me BIOS password which I didn't setup in the first place. (I still can normally boot into Windows, just CANNOT enter BIOS anymore).

To make matter worse now I also couldn't boot from USB flash drive (which usually present when press F12). Now when press F12 the ONLY boot option available is boot from INTERNAL SSD.

I've tried following methods to extract BIOS file to no avail:
                    - FPTW64.exe
                    - Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0

by chance I saw on CPU-Z got "Save BIOS" feature (see attached image), thus I attached it here hopefully it is the BIOS file needed.

Anyone can help me clear the BIOS password?

Model: Redmi Book Pro 15 2022
                    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 6800H with Radeon Graphics
                    Current BIOS: TIMI RMARB5B0P0B0B
                    Attached Files

Comment

Your text file runs down to 10000h, which corresponds to 64KB, it is way too small to be a complete BIOS bin, should be something like 8,192KB or 16,384KB.
                      First time I have seen a bios as a text. You should see something like 7FFFF0 or FFFFF0 at the last line.
                      Please try again.
                      Last edited by Mazorca; 09-18-2022, 09:23 PM. Reason: less info

Comment

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to dump bios file?

I've tried using:
                        - Intel FPTW64.exe -> Error 2: Failure. Unexpected error occurred
                        (run from windows under command prompt run as admin, and boot to windows to command prompt).
                        is it bcos this tool ONLY meant for Intel processor? MINE is AMD.

- Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2 -> NOT recognized mine.

I have NO access to USB boot.

Previously I use CPU-Z to save my BIOS file (see attached image) but it turned out to be the incorrect one.

been searching how to dump bios on this thread and others to no fruition. hope some guru kindly guide me what's the correct tool.

Laptop: Xiaomi RedmiBook Pro 15 2022
                        CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 6800H with Radeon Graphics
                        RAM: 16 G

Mobo: TIMI
                        Model: TM2113

BIOS: TIMI
                        version: RMARB5B0P0B0B
                        Date: 07/10/2022
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by mkruo; 09-24-2022, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mkruo View Post
                          Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to dump bios file?
                          Have you managed to get dump bios file? My Redmibook R7 6800H with RTX2050 also have same problem
                          Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-30-2022, 05:36 AM.

Comment

I have a Redmi book pro 15 2022 ryazan 7 6800H. I made a BIOS backup and tried to decrypt it. Strange characters are displayed together where the supervisor password should be.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Has anyone managed to solve this problem? How do I reset the supervisor password?

Comment

does anybody have bios full dump for model Xiaomi Notebook Pro 2021 15,6 Intel Iris Xe (A34/35 model)? cuurently have bios XMATG5B1P0A08. Would be very grateful! thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Jefffs View Post
                                  I have a Redmi book pro 15 2022 ryazan 7 6800H. I made a BIOS backup and tried to decrypt it. Strange characters are displayed together where the supervisor password should be.
                                  I have the save problem, the same laptop, managed to dump with Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0 buy password is encrypted.

Comment

18836-2 bios dump ok i5-10gen srgky
                                    pls me clean before write
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dilippawar31 View Post
                                      18836-2 bios dump ok i5-10gen srgky
                                      pls me clean before write
                                      What is the problem with your device?
                                      Write the device Serial Number and Model Number.
                                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                      all donations are welcome,
                                      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                                      >>>>>
                                      click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                                      Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Does anyone have a bios dump for 32gb model, with AMD 6800H? It had a custom bios. I flashed latest RMARB5B1P0E0E, but now it recognizes 16gb ram only (
                                        Last edited by philipdick; 08-14-2023, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Question regarding Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 15.6 GTX BIOS

Hi,

I'm looking for information on successfully updating BIOS on a Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 15.6 GTX 1050 version (TM1707).

I downloaded BIOS XMAKB5RRP0C05 that should work with my version of the laptop from Xiaomis website, but there have been multiple instances of people brickinking their Xiaomi Notebooks by installing a BIOS that is not compatible, so I though I would ask around to see if anyone had any success with it.

Model: Xiaomi notebook Pro 15.6 TM1707 (GTX version)
                                          CPU: I5 8250U
                                          GPU: GeForce GTX 1050
                                          RAM: 8 GB
                                          Current BIOS: XMAKB5RRP0804

Comment

Working...
                                          X