Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung LE40R81b not turning on (relay clicking on and off)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung LE40R81b not turning on (relay clicking on and off)

I never had much luck with in-circuit programming, so I got myself a bunch of new EEPROM chips of various sizes so I can immediately swap in a blank one if I need to. This also has the benefit of not having to mess with the original one should I decided to put it back or read from it afterwards - I just desolder it, set it aside and put in the blank one. If further digging is required, I mess with the new chip. There were a few instances when this saved my butt because I'd either forget to save the contents of the original chip before trying to mess with it or the saved file got corrupted. Since I started using blank chips, I no longer had to touch the original.....just my method, thought I'd share it with you.
    Wattevah...

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyx View Post
      I never had much luck with in-circuit programming, so I got myself a bunch of new EEPROM chips of various sizes so I can immediately swap in a blank one if I need to. This also has the benefit of not having to mess with the original one should I decided to put it back or read from it afterwards - I just desolder it, set it aside and put in the blank one. If further digging is required, I mess with the new chip. There were a few instances when this saved my butt because I'd either forget to save the contents of the original chip before trying to mess with it or the saved file got corrupted. Since I started using blank chips, I no longer had to touch the original.....just my method, thought I'd share it with you.
      so fitting a blank new eeprom without writing data to it can work?
      so the micro can send data to the blank new one is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by jimbofz View Post
        so fitting a blank new eeprom without writing data to it can work?
        so the micro can send data to the blank new one is that correct?
        Yes, it CAN work, but only in certain situations - depends on the model. Without knowing exactly which ones do and which ones don't, the best way is to try it - it can't do any MORE harm in any way AFAIK...
        Wattevah...

Comment

The issue with putting in a supposedly new eeprom ic in is you are assuming that the eeprom is blank!! So unless you can check the eeprom is blank then you could be chasing your tail! Trust me I have bought supposedly new eeprom ics to find there is still data on the eeprom! This will even give you further grief as it can cause lots of other issues. Always ensure the eeprom is blank before putting it in. So to prevent that you need a programmer to read the eeprom, to ensure its blank and if necessary erase it and check its blank.
          I agree certain boards have issues with reading them with a clip however this board doesn't have any issues with reading the contents out from it in situ. How do I know you may ask? I read the eeprom with the clip over the eeprom and then removed it to replace it with a blank eeprom. Then compared the original read contents with the ic. All correct.
          I have never had an issue so far with reading the eeprom, erasing and checking them from the R series and the M series from these Samsung models and have repaired 10+ of them.

The Samsung TV will rewrite the data in the eeprom if it is blank and that is why you erase it to ensure there is no previous data corruption.

Originally posted by Dannyx View Post
          Last edited by cheeky2; 11-27-2020, 11:11 AM.

Comment

thanks to all,for your advice,
            fitted new blank eeprom
            and all good now ,
            still waiting forch341a to arrive ,
            this should allow me to see what the problem was with the original eeprom

Comment

Working...
            X