Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Envy-15-as010ca black screen, No gpu voltage

Hello Everyone,
    I have this HP Envy-15-as010ca laptop and I really need your help.
    Short story is this: Laptop was working then I closed the lid and when I opened it again there was black screen, when I pressed power button the led blinked once and that was it, then I took it apart checked everything, all the voltages are o.k. except gpu voltage.
    I did put a post asking for a schematic but I think nobody has it for this type of board, it is: Vanilla 6050A2821201-MB-A01.
    It has "SIC631"IC for that voltage and there is pin#2=zcd_en# which is 0V and I don't know where is it coming from (I'm guessing it's from "all in one cpu") but don't know for sure.
    Other voltages from that IC are:
    Pin#1PWM-2.5V
    #5 Boot-4.76V
    #27 GL-0V
    #3 VCIN-5V
    #8-11 19V
    #29 5V
    Other then that everything seams to be working, CPU is worm to the touch, fan turns on when I press power button then stops unless I heat up the board with hot air, then it spins until it cools off.
    But now when I press power button to turn it off, while holding down it turns off then on then off then on and finally off and it stays off.
    So maybe someone had similar issue with this laptop, or maybe I'm looking in a wrong place all together, I see a lot of people are asking for a bios dump, maybe mine went bad somehow?

What do you think about it, please help!

One other thing, 2 months ago it would not turn On all together and I traced it to touch screen preventing it to turn On , I then unplugged it from the board and it worked until now.

Re: HP Envy-15-as010ca black screen, No gpu voltage

Flash known good bios first. Remember to take backup of original bios. Replaced Ram stick or does it have ram onboard??

Comment

Thank You mcplslg123 for reply,

Ram stick is removable 8G DDR4 and it's fine (no difference with known good one).
      I ordered new bios programmer (tl866II+), so I have to wait until I get it, once I do, I will post a reply what happened.

Thank You again!

Comment

Originally posted by xr4ti View Post
        Thank You mcplslg123 for reply,

Ram stick is removable 8G DDR4 and it's fine (no difference with known good one).
        I ordered new bios programmer (tl866II+), so I have to wait until I get it, once I do, I will post a reply what happened.

Thank You again!
        Hi , just for safety reason first check acceptable voltage for the bios chip then check whether the programmer supports that chip and if in case using clip adapter ,use correct voltage converter for correct programming and not to damage the coil.

Comment

Thanks stingerchamp,

This is a standard bios chip "Winbond 25Q64FVSIQ"3V
          The programmer will have "Auto sense" feature, I will pull it out to read/reprogram.

Comment

I finally got the programmer, and re-flashed the bios (I took it from HP site)
            but that did not change anything, still the same problem, still no enable signal to that "SIC631"ic.

What else can I do or check?

I guess, I could order that IC and replace it, but this just would be a guessing/replacing game.
            Is it possible that one or more balls under the CPU/GPU got lose?
            I still didn't find a schematic to find out from where is that enable signal coming from.

Comment

Working...
            X