LG Logo stuck 43UF680V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG Logo stuck 43UF680V

Hi there does anyone know how to force past the boot logo, im suspecting corrupt firmware. tried leaving it for over an hour and still doesnt boot.

contacted LG who kindly said they would send out an engineer, no thanks

any suggestions appreciaed

Re: LG Logo stuck 43UF680V

First try freezing or heating EEPROM: 24C256, then see if the tv works for a little while.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyboy2007 View Post
      Hi there does anyone know how to force past the boot logo, im suspecting corrupt firmware. tried leaving it for over an hour and still doesnt boot.

contacted LG who kindly said they would send out an engineer, no thanks

any suggestions appreciaed
      did it response to remote control ?

Comment

No response to remote control other than turning on. Also to heat up i baked in oven 200°C for 15 minutes. Still the same.

Comment

If you were trying to reflow led-free solder you need 217 C.

Comment

I have freezer spray so will try and freeze it. Will need to look for its location on the board first.

Comment

If you have it available, I would encourage you to use no clean flux when doing the reflow as well as mentioned by nomoresonys go a bit higher on the temperature. Is your oven convection? If so you don't want to keep it in there for 10 minutes, ideally you only reach your reflow temp for 30 seconds or else you run the risk of damaging the board.
              If you damage the board though there won't be any going back after you power it on. If you haven't done this before do you have another board you can practice on that's not so difficult and expensive to come by?

We offer a repair service for this type of board. We have a very high success rate, but also use a $5,000 machine built for that specific process. Anytime a customer attempts repairs the success rate drops to 30%. I'm not trying to scare you into not fixing your own TV but I highly suggest you practice first and get a good idea of what temps and for how long. Then also consider that if you are successful the repair may only last for a few weeks to a few months if not less.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyboy2007 View Post
                No response to remote control other than turning on. Also to heat up i baked in oven 200°C for 15 minutes. Still the same.
                it mean to me it can receive RC command. so in this case send command IN_STOP will reset it and bring it back.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                  First try freezing or heating EEPROM: 24C256, then see if the tv works for a little while.
                  can you advise me where the location of this IC is as cannot find it ? under a heatshield maybe ?

Comment

in many lg models this behaviour belongs to bad cpu soldering.

Comment

i found the firmware chip, freezer sprayed it and no difference. i have noticed it responds to power on / off via remote control however it wont respond to in-stop or EZ-adjust signal. is there something else i could try ?

so if CPU soldering issue i could try as suggested in the oven with some flux at 220oc or so for 10 minutes. its a fan oven i have would this make a difference ?

Comment

I don't suggest you to use an oven used also for food , this is not healty, buy a board of aluminum 4mm thick, and use it on a stove putting flux under the chip, when it warms you blow the flux paste under, when flux starts to make smoke wait a minute and then make some movement tests on the corner of the chip very gently until it moves a bit and returns by itself in the previous position, so you can stop the fires and let it cold down, open the the window and close the room door. The board must be big like the board. Use a big stove at the minimum.
                        Last edited by Davi.p; 11-30-2020, 01:24 PM.

Comment

i also have a reqork station if this helps its a YH-853AAA from china. the cooler in question i would be using isnt used for food anymore

Comment

Any further report on this one??

Comment

didnt get any further, ended up stripping the set

Comment

Working...
                              X