Sony xbr-49x800e doesn't power on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony xbr-49x800e doesn't power on

If you are not able to test dc dc pwer supplies try to search for a guide, at least test all the mosfets, diodes, don't waste time with fuses, them are never the only cause

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Where do I find guides? I think the best plan is to identify which board(s) are bad and just replace those. While it would be interesting to troubleshoot to the component, I have no skills to repair at that level.

Comment

the board is surely mainboard cause you don't have a standby light.

Comment

See if this manual helps, they really don't publish schematics much anymore.
          Attached Files

Comment

@R_J - thank you. It appears there is a section for no power. I'll dive into it and do some troubleshooting that way. I'm not sure that schematics would help anyway, I'm not an engineer and so those would probably confuse me more than anything. This doc looks to be a little easier to follow from a troubleshooting perspective.
            Last edited by osh; 11-30-2020, 07:30 AM.

Comment

I'm not so expert of theese Sony types but i have repaired one and one in repair, the scheme is simple, the psu, that is working (in the thruth must be loaded with a resistor to see the voltage) enters the LD board that is a led driver board with a passthrough for the mainboard 19v, if them are present and you have no visual communication from the tv the mainboard is faulty, the case is almost simple!

Comment

@Davi.p - thanks. You make it sound simple. I am getting 19v from the brick and also seeing that same voltage going to the main board and the cable that goes behind the chassis (to the screen?).

I didn't have time to run through the troubleshooting guide last night. I want to do that at least from a piece of mind standpoint as well as learn something new. So what will most likely happen is I just order a replacement main board and continue down the rabbit hole and troubleshoot this one and learn as much as I can.

Comment

Hey question (I hate to resurrect an old thread)

All of my testing seems to point at the main board. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any replacements here in the US that are reasonably priced. I found one site that will email me when one comes in, and they do but by the time I get to them it's already gone. I found others that are overseas...

Which leads me to my question - will the same part number from Europe (UK, Spain, Poland, Russia, etc...) work in my tv? Or will there be issues related to ??? (i.e. PAL vs NTSC or 50 Hz vs 60 Hz, or ...)?

Comment

yours TV android Operation system.. if the bootloader didn't start you will never have any sign at the set.

on the set side control panel press ( Power & Volume - ) while you press them together plug yours power supply in wall socket.. keep pressing them for 10 seconds or more until you have sign at the front LED indicator or screen.

Comment

Europe uses DVB-T/T2 standard for aerial, America uses ATSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                        Europe uses DVB-T/T2 standard for aerial, America uses ATSC.
                        my problem always i cant stay silence when i read wrongs comments.
                        search and read what does mean ATSC-3.0 & T2

we still on one planet LOL
                        Last edited by Diah; 02-02-2021, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                          yours TV android Operation system.. if the bootloader didn't start you will never have any sign at the set.

on the set side control panel press ( Power & Volume - ) while you press them together plug yours power supply in wall socket.. keep pressing them for 10 seconds or more until you have sign at the front LED indicator or screen.
                          Thank you for the suggestion, I had already tried that some time ago and again (just now) and there is no activity even after 30 seconds.

Comment

Check THIS and tell me if they are all donkeys:
                            http://en.dtvstatus.net/

different standards means i guess different frequencies and/or decoding hardware/software.
                            Last edited by Davi.p; 02-03-2021, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by osh View Post
                              Thank you for the suggestion, I had already tried that some time ago and again (just now) and there is no activity even after 30 seconds.
                              in this case you need to check voltage over the mainboards start at the sockets and then the fuses you checked before at yours photo, we need to find 3.3V and 1.8V.

Comment

Working...
                              X