X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

toshiba protege Z30-b bios

portege z30-b need plz

toshiba protege Z30-b-16m

can someone please help me to decompress this bios update(bin file)?
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: toshiba protege Z30-b-16m

https://github.com/LongSoft/ToshibaC...eases/tag/v0.1

Comment

send me your backup dump i want to match what i got it from exe file

Comment

i have try many time previously but no successes
          can you explain please how to use ToshibaComExtractor
          Last edited by qayyum786; 11-24-2020, 11:10 AM. Reason: Correction

Comment

Originally posted by qayyum786 View Post
            i have try many time previously but no successes
            can you explain please how to use ToshibaComExtractor
            First you have to run the toshiba bios exe, it will start extracting to C:\ProgramData\Toshiba\BIOS_Package, (if you can`t see the folder change folder options to "Show hidden files and folders") it will delete the contents of the BIOS_Package folder itself after a message pops up saying this computer is not supported .When it starts extrating quickly copy the contents to another folder ,i have a folder called "BIOS_Package - Copy" ,as soon as the "BIOS_Package" foldder is created i drag the folder over the "BIOS_Package - Copy" folder and quickly press the enter button on the keyboard when the message about copying appears. If you do it all quickly enough you`ll have the extracted contents in the copy folder, including the COM file with a name similar to BIO00A0T.COM .Run comextract from the command line: comextract.exe BIO00A0T.COM biosupdate.bin

Thats just how i do it,i`m sure there`s other ways like making folders read-only or some other methods.

EDIT: there another way to extract the exe with the /ext switch ,although it doesn`t work with every bios P0096v650_ECBFv140.exe /ext
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 12-23-2020, 04:54 PM.
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

many hanks it works but i am really stuck.please i need help to make a clean firmware.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by bachir2004; 11-24-2020, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                First you have to run the toshiba bios exe, it will start extracting to C:\ProgramData\Toshiba\BIOS_Package,it will delete the contents of the folder itself after a message pops up saying this computer is not supported .When it starts extrating quickly copy the contents to another folder ,i have a folder called "BIOS_Package - Copy" ,as soon as the "BIOS_Package" foldder is created i drag the folder over the "BIOS_Package - Copy" folder and quickly press the enter button on the keyboard when the message about copying appears. If you do it all quickly enough you`ll have the extracted contents in the copy folder, including the COM file with a name similar to BIO00A0T.COM .Run comextract from the command line: comextract.exe BIO00A0T.COM biosupdate.bin

Thats just how i do it,i`m sure there`s other ways like making folders read-only or some other methods.
                Thanks for your kind information

Comment

Originally posted by bachir2004 View Post
                  many hanks it works but i am really stuck.please i need help to make a clean firmware.
                  size mismatch with your bios regioneven i remove access above given FF FF ofset maby you have downloaded wrog exe file from Toshiba support site
                  let the master SMDfela come than he can help to solve the mystery

Comment

Originally posted by bachir2004 View Post
                    Try this one .

Post #5 edited: there is an easier way to extract the exe with the /ext switch - P0096v650_ECBFv140.exe /ext
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-25-2020, 06:28 AM.
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

thank you so much SMDFlea your dump worked but there is still a problem,see the attached picture.pc returned to costumer.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Re: toshiba protege Z30-b bios

thoshiba PROTAGE Z30-B P/N : PT251U-061010F1
                        bios password
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by its service View Post
                          thoshiba PROTAGE Z30-B P/N : PT251U-061010F1
                          bios password
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...42&postcount=4

Comment

only supervisor - registerted locked
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by its service; 03-29-2023, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by its service View Post
                              can u plz unlock this bios password
                              No.

3.10. Toshiba

3.10.1. Consumer
                              A lot of Toshiba consumer laptops have a jumper on the motherboard that needs to be shorted before boot to clear the password.

3.10.2. Business
                              Most Toshiba business laptops do not have a jumper, and the password is stored inside a protected region of the EC. See affected models: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...2&postcount=19
                              Either you need a donor EC without password, or you need to unlock through challenge-response.
                              Response generator is not available publicly, however, some generous people may be able to generate a response for you. Ask in this thread: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79489
                              Laptop must not be rebooted, the challenge will change.

Comment

sir can please check the image sir ill attached image plz check
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X