Asus X412F password locked (BIOS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus X412F password locked (BIOS)

i have an ASUS X412F laptop with a password request when starting the laptop.
    i dumped the BIOS (i have a TL866II PLUS) but the eeprom is an 25B127DSIG that is not (i think) supported by this programmer... (it suggest GD25Q127C or GD25Q128B)

not sure that the dump is a right one and i can't try to reflash another clean image beause the recognized eeprom is not the right one.

any suggestion?

this is the dump: (reading it using the GD25Q127C preset)
    Attached Files

Re: Asus X412F password locked (BIOS)

Originally posted by Bartoloni View Post
    i have an ASUS X412F laptop with a password request when starting the laptop.
    i dumped the BIOS (i have a TL866II PLUS) but the eeprom is an 25B127DSIG that is not (i think) supported by this programmer... (it suggest GD25Q127C or GD25Q128B)

not sure that the dump is a right one and i can't try to reflash another clean image beause the recognized eeprom is not the right one.

any suggestion?

this is the dump: (reading it using the GD25Q127C preset)
    the posted bios is longer ... remove the bios chip from the motherboard before writing or reading ... if you use the clip you may have errors..use for writing GD25Q127C ... try the bios ...
    Attached Files
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

the eeprom was removed i also noticed the wrong length... this is maybe because is not correctly recognized by the programmer?

Comment

this is screen of programmer.. tested again and the lenght of the produced dump is always: 16.780.288
        Attached Files

Comment

this is screen of programmer.. tested again and the lenght of the produced dump is always: 16.780.288
          Try it as GD25Q128
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

do not use (OTP) ..
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
              do not use (OTP) ..
              Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
              Try it as GD25Q128
              Ok thank you guys!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Bartoloni; 11-25-2020, 08:13 AM.

Comment

guys just received the new 128mbit eproms and the Orig+X412FAAS.rar works fine....

Comment

Working...
                X