Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem on Lenovo Y530 (Legion)

Hello

I have a problem on my Lenovo Y530 laptop (NM-B701 motherboard). At the beginning the laptop was turned off every 10 minutes approximately then now it does not start any more.

When I connect the power supply, only the power button light comes on for 13 sec with cuts of 0.5 sec indefinitely.

No other sign of life.

Here are some measurements made on the EC chip (IT8226E-128 BXA):

Pins => Functions => Voltage => Comments
    77 => PM_SLP_S4# => 3,3V => lights up for 13 s when the power supply is connected with interruptions of 0.5 s indefinitely
    3 => EC_ON_5V => 3,3V => lights up for 13 s when the power supply is connected with interruptions of 0.5 s indefinitely
    21 => EC_ON_1V => 3,3V => lights up for 13 s when the power supply is connected with interruptions of 0.5 s indefinitely
    83 => EC_ON => 3,3V => lights up for 13 s when the power supply is connected with interruptions of 0.5 s indefinitely
    85 => EC_ON_1.8V => 3,3V => lights up for 13 s when the power supply is connected with interruptions of 0.5 s indefinitely
    128 => AC_PRESENT => 3,3V => lights up for 13 s when the power supply is connected with interruptions of 0.5 s indefinitely
    108 => ACIN# => 3,3V => permanent
    76 => SYSON => 0V => permanent
    90 => VCCIO_PG => 0V => permanent
    97 => CPUCORE_ON => 0V => permanent
    123 => PCH_PWROK => 0V => permanent
    110 => ON/OFF 3,3V/0V => 0V => when the start button is pressed
    111 => EC_ON => 3.3V => comes on for 13 s after pressing the start button

I reprogrammed the bios chip (W25Q128JVSIQ) but it doesn't change anything.

I don't know what to do anymore ... Ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance !
    Attached Files

Re: Problem on Lenovo Y530 (Legion)

Measure voltage on:
    +5VLP
    +3VALW
    +5VALW
    +1.05VALW
    +2.5V
    +1.2V
    PM_SLP_S3#
    SUSP#

Measure resistance to ground on SYSON
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Thank you very much for your quick response.

Here are the results of the measurements:

Functions => Voltage => Comments
      +5VLP => 5V => permanent
      +3VALW => 3,3V => lights up for 13 s when the power supply is connected with interruptions of 0.5 s indefinitely
      +5VALW => 3,3V => lights up for 13 s when the power supply is connected with interruptions of 0.5 s indefinitely
      +1.05VALW => 1.05V => lights up for 13 s when the power supply is connected with interruptions of 0.5 s indefinitely
      +2.5V => 0V => permanent
      +1.2V => 0V => permanent
      PM_SLP_S3# => 3,3V => lights up for 13 s when the power supply is connected with interruptions of 0.5 s indefinitely
      SUSP# => 0V => permanent
      SYSON to ground => 98Kohms

Comment

At this point SYSON and SUSP# are supposed to come up, not sure what else could be missing if both PM_SLP_S4# and PM_SLP_S3# are good…
        Maybe there's something wrong with the EC itself.

Comment

Thank you very much for your answer.

So I try to change the EC chip?

Is the chip programmed?

Where can I get this chip?

Thank you

Comment

Hello,

I changed the EC chip twice (IT8226E-128 BXA) already programmed (on ebay, bought twice from the same seller) and the laptop does not show any signs of life. (No more led lights up).

I tested the strength of the welds leg by leg and under the microscope I do not see a short circuit.

So I redid the following measurements:

+5VLP => 5V
            +3VALW => 3,3V
            +5VALW => 0V
            +1.05VALW => 0V
            +2.5V => 0V
            +1.2V => 0V
            PM_SLP_S3# => 0V
            SUSP# => 0V
            SYSON to ground => 98Kohms

I don't understand where the problem is coming from.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by aasaw View Post
              +3VALW => 3,3V
              +5VALW => 0V
              3valw present, but 5valw not. Check the resistance on 5VALW rail. Check if the controller for it (sheet 60) is getting the enable signal. If it turns out that it doesn't, the EC you got is probably not programmed correctly, or at all.

Comment

Here are other measurements on the EC chip:

Pins => Functions => Voltage
                77 => PM_SLP_S4# => 0V
                3 => EC_ON_5V => 0V
                21 => EC_ON_1V => 0V
                83 => EC_ON => 3,3V
                85 => EC_ON_1.8V => 3,3V
                128 => AC_PRESENT => 3,3V
                108 => ACIN# => 3,3V
                76 => SYSON => 0V
                90 => VCCIO_PG => 0V
                97 => CPUCORE_ON => 0V
                123 => PCH_PWROK => 0V
                110 => ON/OFF 3,3V/0V (0V when the start button is pressed)

Isn't there a problem with the EC chip?

Comment

The best guess I can offer is the EC does not completely initialize its S5 state. You can attempt to verify that this isn't an issue with the control circuits or PU601 by lifting the EC_ON_5V output and measuring it floating. ECs are designed to have many GPIO pins, and those change from board to board and sometimes from revision to revision. My money is on your EC isn't programmed with the correct firmware.

Comment

In some boards , 5volt supply is not always present it means it will get when you press power button

So check whether you get 5v when you press power button at Same time

These combination are always, always then always, after and last after, after for 3v,5v respectively.

If still failed programme KBC I'd programme able

Comment

Originally posted by stingerchamp View Post
                      In some boards , 5volt supply is not always present it means it will get when you press power button
                      On this board, +3VALW and +5VALW are tied together in the power state table according to the documentation. They should be on as soon as the adapter is connected. Both are controlled by enable signals from EC, and both these signals are supposed to be enabled at the same stage. If one is enabled and the other isn't, the most likely explanation (in my opinion) is that the EC firmware is enabling the second signal on the wrong pin.

Comment

Hello,

First of all thank you very much for your help!

Indeed when I press the start button, I still do not have the + 5VALW.

It really annoys me to have bought 2 badly programmed EC chips on ebay. However, I was not wrong on the announcement (https://www.ebay.de/itm/193776316025).

I doubt the seller will help me ... My money went in the trash ...

This brings me back to my question, where can I buy a properly programmed EC chip.

Or can I program it with my TL866II with an adapter?

Where can I find the right program?

Thank you again for your help !
                        Last edited by aasaw; 12-13-2020, 09:03 AM.

Comment

You need a specialized programmer such as the Vertyanov programmer to flash these chips. If you are going to be doing repair commercially you will need one anyway. Alternatively find someone close to you that has it and use it to program your chips.

You can find Vertyanov himself on ascnb1.ru forum.

Comment

You should try to contact the seller anyway. They have a Youtube channel btw https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1-...4qWmpcsBjxPz-A .
                            Also at this price if you bought 2 you may have been better off buying an EC programmer to begin with… that's assuming the EC firmware itself is the issue and it's not that something else went wrong during the replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
                              Also at this price if you bought 2 you may have been better off buying an EC programmer
                              That's why I'm starting to look to buy the vertyanov but I'm afraid it won't be able to program my chip because I installed the software but I can't find the right bin file => ioprogrammer.com/IO/sasio.zip

I'm a Hobbyist that's why I would mind buying it if it didn't program my chip.

Thanks a lot for your answers
                              Last edited by aasaw; 12-13-2020, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X