Vizio D50u-D1 Dead Set No Standby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio D50u-D1 Dead Set No Standby

Hello. I have a vizio set that was damaged when lightning struck during a thunderstorm. The fuse in the power supply still tests ok. Is it the power supply or mainboard, because I had the same problem with another vizio thinking it was the power supply but it turned out being the mainboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Vizio D50u-D1 Dead Set No Standby

What voltages do you have at the connector and do they match
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dick_barton; 11-28-2020, 11:28 AM.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
      What voltages do you have at the connector and do they match
      Hi. It's been a while since I checked for a reply but I'm still trying to fix this one. The only voltages I'm getting are .050 ON/OFF and .038 3D_ON. Everything else is 0.00V.

Comment

I've had awful luck with Vizio D series tv. 9 out of 10 times it was the mainboard. Just my guess since I'm not a technician. Used boards are expensive so I just wait for a good deal to come along. There are some repair shops on Ebay that will repair it.

Comment

Easy, all you have to do is to measure stby voltage, PSon and BLon. PSon and BLon are generated on the main board. So if you have STBY, but nothing comes back from the main board while you trying to turn the set on, the main board is bad. There is no need to guess around.

Comment

Have you checked the voltages I asked ?

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
              Easy, all you have to do is to measure stby voltage, PSon and BLon. PSon and BLon are generated on the main board. So if you have STBY, but nothing comes back from the main board while you trying to turn the set on, the main board is bad. There is no need to guess around.
              The only voltages I'm getting are .050 ON/OFF and .038 3D_ON. Everything else is 0.00V. Any clues on what to check on the mainboard? Trying to repair the board.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                Have you checked the voltages I asked ?
                The only voltages I'm getting are .050 ON/OFF and .038 3D_ON. Everything else is 0.00V.

Comment

If you got stby voltage generated on the PSU, turn on the TV set and all you get is 0.05V on the PSon pin coming back from the main board, there is something wrong with the main board. However you didn’t say yet if you got STBY voltage to start with. 3Don is irrelevant at this point. First you need STBY voltage, then PSon (power supply), BLon (backlight) and probably some sort of a DIM signal (BL brightness).
                  If PSon is missing (that is generated on the main processor), the PSU won’t turn fully on and is stuck in STBY. I had very little luck fixing that. 90% of the time it’s the main processor, so I just replace the main board.
                  Last edited by CapLeaker; 06-26-2021, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fharris1977 View Post
                    The only voltages I'm getting are .050 ON/OFF and .038 3D_ON. Everything else is 0.00V.
                    This is what happens when you start multiple threads, https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96923

Those voltages you measure (0.05) are just residual voltage from when the tv was working.
                    Last edited by R_J; 06-26-2021, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X