X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, all!

I go back to when programming COBOL was via 80-character punch-cards and before when the Sinclair/Timex ZX81/TS1000 were a big deal for us electro-geeks. When 300 baud was the norm and 1200 and 2400 bps were luxury speeds. I used to service 16mm film projectors, AV units, computers (IBM and compats), Apple (II, IIe, IIc, III, Lisa, Mac-MacII), printers (dot matrix, thermal, daisy wheel, laser), monitors (crt, crt flats) ... and a whole bunch of other 'stuff'. I've forgotten more than I'll ever remember. I've dabbled in programming (html, js, basic, c#, c++), indulged in arduino, plumbing, I keep our hvac limping along. I've been a bicyclist (road, track, off-road), a hiker (local stuff!, no mountain tops for me). And now I just tinker a bit.

Comment

Hey all,

I'm here to fix my broken macbook.

Comment

Hi everyone,
        I'm running a product development company. I must fill in the gaps where needed on the technical side.

Comment

Hi,
          My name is Alan; I'm from New Hampshire, USA.

My dead Samsung TV brought me here. It looks like the information I need has already been shared by the generous members of this forum. I owe a big thank you to the folks that freely share information in this forum.

Comment

Hi, I'm Isaac, I'm starting to do computer repair.
            I am interested in everything related to electronics and computer, I only have some empirical experience.
            Greetings to everyone

Comment

Hi guys i'm new here
              Happy new year 2022!

Comment

hello

Comment

someone who may have the schematic of an l340-15api ... fg 542 fg 543 fg 742 nm-c101

Comment

Hello Eveyone
                    my name is Mostafa, computer Engineer, my hobbies is fixing faulty electronic machines, especially tvs but I am not expert, I am in a learning phase.
                    thank you all for sharing the knowlege here and thanks to the forum admins and owners for offering such opportunity for us to meet here and get help with learning.
                    thank again.

Comment

Hy

Comment

Hello everyone,
                        my name is Chris and i am from greece.
                        Thank you all for all the free knowledge you give to newbie people like me.

Comment

Just saying hello! Ive been to this site as a non member before looking things up.... registered to report a spammer (and get a better look inside as a user)
                          Last edited by TrollHunter; 01-11-2022, 06:41 AM.

Comment

I'm Jess, trying to get into electronics and repairs. It fascinates me. Working on a friend's ps4 and I have found many hints and details here about it. So I thought I should join and participate.

Comment

I guess I should be sociable and introduce myself. My immediate goal is to give a shot at repairing my flaky old Plasma TV before I junk it. Mixed emotions, as I hate to junk a TV that cost a fortune back in the day ... yet I could replace it with a nice 4K TV for only a few hundred bucks.

I am a life-long electronics tinkerer though my professional background is more on the software/system architect side of engineering. I am involved in research, design, and productization of "enterprise" electronics equipment, which means that it's typically the kind of products that are bought by businesses rather than Consumer Electronics.

Since grade school I have tinkered with more types of electronics and computers than I can remember, most notably TRS Color Computer in high school, Amiga 1000 once I got a job and could afford it, followed by every kind of computer you can imagine since then (VME systems, x86, Unix minicomputers, and tons of Linux-based embedded devices in my professional life). I don't shy away from "trying" to repair anything from cars to HVAC, washers and dryers, dishwashers, small electronics, you name it. A couple of my recent hobbies include maintaining and restoring pinball machines, and very recently I've started fixing up vintage audio equipment such as receivers and a reel-to-reel tape deck.

Thanks in advance for the wealth of knowledge and willingness to help that I am seeing in these forums!

Comment

Hi,

New to this forum, not new to building/repairing PC's and laptops.
                                lot have changed over the years, now sometimes I feel like a newbie with all the techniques changing rapidly. Also components are getting smaller and smaller, and my eyesight is getting weaker and weaker
                                I remember my first project on a TX8086, expanding memory with a 128K card and building in a 4MB HD. Those where the days :-) , components where huge and my eyesight was perfect.

I hope I learn some stuff over here and get some advice on things I'm working on/trying to get it to work.
                                And if I can be of any help to others it will be my pleasure

Comment

Hi All,

I'm from the UK and stumbled over this forum looking for ways to fix my bios bricked dell laptop, fingers crossed there's a way.

Steve

Comment

Hello friends, I am new in this forum. I am learning desktop and laptop repairing. Greetings to everyone.

Comment

Hi Forum members. I joined because I have an inquisitive nature about most things, which I inherited from my father. I enjoy cars and motorcycles, as well as working on just about anything. I recently had an LG 47LV550 go south on me, and was searching the internet for clues. Liked what I saw here.
                                      I'm a Systems Analyst by trade, but that does not necessarily mean I can fix anything. I have success, but that does not mean I have not failed plenty...as I have.
                                      VROT_2022

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello my name is Mike, I am from Mexico City, I am 37 years old and I am currently dedicated to the sale of ink and toner consumables and technical support for printers, from a simple printer repair, CISS installation, to chipless programming for Epson and hp printers. I learned a lot about Desktop Computers a few years ago from working at HP Invent / Foxconn in the state of Indiana.

I have read many posts in this forum and I am learning many interesting things, I know that I can also contribute my little or a lot of knowledge with you!

I don't really have much to wish for, I came to this forum looking for information on the web about a problem I have at the moment, and I think I got to the right place, I hope I can be part of this great community of intelligent people and help in what else I can!

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, in some words I have to use a translator!

Comment

Working...
                                          X