Roku Won't Connect Error 014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys i've got a Roku 1 and i have 2 routers one is Tg862 from xfinity and a second router Bufallo with Wrt software,i can connect to Buffalo with Wrt but i can't connect to xfinity tj862 my main router,i have error code 014.40,anybody know what should i do?

I got this advice text from someone in the site with same issue that posted this solution bellow, what do you guys think,i don't want to loose speed?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If your Roku won't connect to Xfinity modem / wireless router call Comcast Wireless 855-308-9453 and insist they set the modem to Channel 11 and also have them set Mode to 802.11 B/GN. This will save you 8 hourse of h*** like I went through.This worked for me as I am using ARRIS TG862 wireless router at 25Mbps speed. Can't vouch for other routers or speeds.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Roku Won't Connect Error 014

What have you tried ? why the two routers ?

Changing to a weird channel will do nothing for connectivity.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
      What have you tried ? why the two routers ?

Changing to a weird channel will do nothing for connectivity.
      Thanks diif; i did not try anything yet, i have the same issue (not that code but can't get wireless) with some of my old PC's under linux or Win XP, Win 7 or above is ok,
      that's the reason i have another Router, Buffalo with WRT software connected to Arris TG862 ,but i only can get 12MBPS out of the 30MBPS.

I try to get in Arris TG862 but it doesn't let me,or i'm not doing it right!

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
        Thanks diif; i did not try anything yet, i have the same issue (not that code but can't get wireless) with some of my old PC's under linux or Win XP, Win 7 or above is ok,
        that's the reason i have another Router, Buffalo with WRT software connected to Arris TG862 ,but i only can get 12MBPS out of the 30MBPS.

I try to get in Arris TG862 but it doesn't let me,or i'm not doing it right!
        I'm also trying to set port forward following instructions here

http://www.computerforum.com/threads...orward.232855/

but my Default gateway is as follows, is this an encrypted default gate way #?see pic attach. any help here.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ivtec; 12-17-2015, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Your gateway looks to be 10.0.0.1. Have you tried to login to that address ?
          Which device do you want to use for the wireless ?
          If i am remembering correctly when i upgraded my broadband router ages ago my XP machine needed a patch to get full speed. Windows 7 at the time did not.
          If you are not transferring files between machines the connection speed is irrelevant as it's faster than your net connection anyway.

Comment

Your gateway looks to be 10.0.0.1. Have you tried to login to that address ?
            Which device do you want to use for the wireless ?
            If i am remembering correctly when i upgraded my broadband router ages ago my XP machine needed a patch to get full speed. Windows 7 at the time did not.
            If you are not transferring files between machines the connection speed is irrelevant as it's faster than your net connection anyway.
            i 've tried 10.0.01. no avail.

I want to use my roku 1 with the 30mbps that i have since i'm using the other router i only get about 12mbps

Comment

i 've tried 10.0.01. no avail.

I want to use my roku 1 with the 30mbps that i have since i'm using the other router i only get about 12mbps
              Also this is my default gateway.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys i was able to get in with; http //10.0.0.1 name; admin, password;password

now i have this page, what do i do next,thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys i was able to get in with; http //10.0.0.1 name; admin, password;password

now i have this page, what do i do next,thanks
                  If you are port forwarding, go here and select your router. http://portforward.com/english/route...is/default.htm

Port forwarding is under the Advanced tab.
                  Last edited by diif; 12-17-2015, 05:17 PM.

Comment

If you are port forwarding, go here and select your router. http://portforward.com/english/route...is/default.htm

Port forwarding is under the Advanced tab.
                    For now i'd just like to have my Roku working with Arris TG862,thanks

Comment

For now i'd just like to have my Roku working with Arris TG862,thanks
                      Now you're in, you can configure the wireless settings.

Comment

Now you're in, you can configure the wireless settings.
                        I tried a few things but nothing that i tried works

Comment

Ok guys,you're not believe this, but actually one of the first letters of the password given by the installer was an 1 instead of an I, that i always used and it works on Win7 and win10 not in linux or xp,i don't know why?this mystery was solved because i checked the password in the router settings,check this pic,what would you make of thes 4 first letters?

Comment

Ok guys,you're not believe this, but actually one of the first letters of the password given by the installer was an 1 instead of an I, that i always used and it works on Win7 and win10 not in linux or xp,i don't know why?this mystery was solved because i checked the password in the router settings,check this pic,what would you make of these 4 first letters CEIC? it is actually CE1C

i've been pooling my hair over this for more than a year,today i solved this weird mystery. Thanks folks for punting up with me.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by ivtec; 12-17-2015, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X